How much do you pay per month at your current gym?

Options

Replies

• 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    About 28 bucks a month and another 9 for my daughter's pass. Lap pool. Kids pool. Hot tub. Big gymnasium. Running track. Free weights and a million cardio machine. Three minute drive from home. Also has a climbing wall. Pretty much worth it.
  • lemon629
    lemon629 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I spend an embarrassing amount of money on fitness. My gym membership is around $140 / month, and I spend around $75 / month for iyengar yoga classes and another $140 on pilates equipment classes. I'm thinking of joining my local community center (which I can walk to) as well so I can do weights on Sundays when I don't feel like driving to my regular gym. The community center costs $10 / month.
  • ahoier
    ahoier Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    i'm a planet fitness junkie lol......gotta admit it.....it's only 10 minutes from my house.....and for 20 bucks a month, can't beat it.....yes, i got the black card. no i don't use the tanning beds lol......though tempted during these groggy cold months haha. but yea, the only other gym near is the YMCA but they are expensive (yes i know, it goes to help local charity work.....) and the hours just don't work with my work schedule......or anytime fitness that just opened up like 2 miles from my house, but I've heard they are waaayy outta line in their pricing since they are commision based or something
  • crazydogladyjess
    crazydogladyjess Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I think whatever gym you choose, the cost is worth it if the hours, location, and facilities keep you going back. If you try to save a few bucks, you likely will end up with a gym you don't like as much and end up skipping out on more often.
  • AJL_Daddy
    AJL_Daddy Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Gym + pool + personal training - insurance reimbursement = $25 per month. Worth it.
  • lmr0528
    lmr0528 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I pay $24.99 a month for my membership. It's a 24 hour gym, which I like because it's always open on holidays when other's are usually closed. It's always very clean and plenty of equipment to use.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    About 28 bucks a month and another 9 for my daughter's pass. Lap pool. Kids pool. Hot tub. Big gymnasium. Running track. Free weights and a million cardio machine. Three minute drive from home. Also has a climbing wall. Pretty much worth it.

Oooh, a climbing wall. There is a place in my state that has a climbing wall (and that is all it has), but it is a 4 hour round trip and the hours are not as good, so I wouldn't be able to go as often. Fortunately, they offer a punch card system if you want instead of a membership. I'm really thinking about visiting it every once month or two if I can, once I can build some muscle to start with.
  • liftingandlipstick
    liftingandlipstick Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    My community center offers fitness classes (only- no gym equipment at all) at $20/10 week sessions. I take 4 classes per week, so it works out to about $32 per month. I have a bench/bar setup and cross trainer at home, so that's free. I also pay $20 annually for a state bike trail pass. Totally worth it to me, as I live in a small town and only have 4 other options: Fit4Life (never been, so don't know their setup, $29 per month), Curves (don't like the whole machines, but on a schedule plan of it, $35 per month), Snap Fitness (used to go- no showers, pool, limited weights, super busy, $35 per month) and a newish Crossfit box ($100 a month minimum, no way I could swing that).
  • dtopo
    dtopo Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    $37.50 per month for me
    $17.50 per month for my wife

It doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the big gyms I used to belong too and I miss the hot tub, swimming pools, sauna, running track, basketball courts, etc BUT that gym was always so damn packed from open to close.

Now I can go in after hours with my little ID scan card. There is maybe 1 person there is anyone - usually nobody. They have some classes that are free. It's a small place but we love it.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I pay 14.99 for Crunch fitness. It's pretty sweet. There is a ton of free weights and racks.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    $100 for the membership (Lifetime Fitness) and now an additional $35 to join the masters swim team. Absolutely worth it to me. I'd cut cable or something else before I cut my gym membership.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    $24 per month, no classes or pool, there is a nice variety of free weights, lifting machines/equipment , and cardio machines.

There is a nice culture there when I go, generally around 5am - serious people who keep to themselves, no do-ragged, grunting meatheads or women prancing around with make-up on, no selfies in the mirrors, just people who show up, work out, and move on...
  • FitnessFreak_69
    Options
    I pay $35 a month. 100% worth it! If you sign up for slice of life you can get tons of reimbursements. I have a friend who has been doing it for a while and paid in his $35 per month but got reimbursed almost all of it at the end of the year. He ended up paying $70 bucks for the whole years worth!
  • Canwehugnow
    Canwehugnow Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    $21.39 per month. Yep, totally worth it.
  • gothisavi
    gothisavi Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    £10.99 a month. basic equipment but wouldn't mind playing more for a pool though
  • gothisavi
    gothisavi Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    £12.00 for a 24 Hour Gym! its actually called THEGYM

The Gym is brilliantly priced for UK gym, everywhere else far to expensive. If anyone in UK wanting to sign up go for it. And if you want to quit, no contract!!!
  • murphyocean
    murphyocean Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I currently pay $95 per month for my yoga membership. I used to pay $115/month to attend another yoga studio, which was tiny...totally not worth it. Before that, I paid $55/month for a climbing/yoga/regular gym...that was the best deal all around. The former two are in Bloomington, IN (surprisingly high cost for such a small place), and the latter was in the bay area of CA.
  • Live_To_Win
    Live_To_Win Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    9.95 a month. No contract, no fees, no pool just a basic gym with some machines and weights and only .7 miles from my house. Think of the first Rocky movie LOL
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    £42. Big cardio room, loads of free weights, kettlebells and stuff. Classes, pool use & sauna, reasonably priced PT service. Starbucks, spa, bar & Italian restaurant in the same building. Love it.