Bite me, Couch to 5K - Week 3!

Options
1234568»

Replies

• uncolea261
    uncolea261 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Like you I'm 53 and was 10-15 over weight. Week 2-3 were the worst. Thought I would pass out before I would get home from my runs. Your body is just rebelling right now and asking you why. Ignore it, mind over matter. Soon your body will be asking to run, when I miss a day running I can feel it and can't wait to get out the door for a run.
    Stay with it. I lost the weight and now I do 3-5 miles three times a week. Just started weight training to tune the muscles up. Just remember eating habits are very important right now, don't starve your body of protein it needs to recover. Eat what the MFP program tells you to intake, it helps. I thought I was eating to much but the pounds kept coming off and the running became easier. It's for your future so keep running.
  • Thehardmakesitworthit
    Options
    Ummmm ... can we be pals? You are friggin hilarious! I need you in my life! Gah! Hope after all these months you are running yourbutt off!!!
  • Thehardmakesitworthit
    Options
    Never mind... you've ran off mfp....
  • bibichanges
    bibichanges Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Looooooovvvvveeeeeddddd this!!!! I've completed c25k 3x!!! And believe it or not...5 Miles was the furthest I got. I was soooo excited to complete 5 miles, that I did it again the next day. Ummm. That was stupid. Don't do that. I had the worst shin splints ever. That was more than 3yrs ago. I think you've inspired me to get back on the horse. And this time...I'll follow the c210k rather than get crazy. Thanks for sharing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!