Options
123457»

Replies

• MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    The amount of man bashing in this thread is absurd. So many people criticizing him even after the OP admitted many posts ago that she over reacted. Look at everyone judging him after receiving so little information on the conversation. Without being present to know how it started and what the tone was. It all just shows a lack of self confidence in themselves as they try to shift issues they have on to someone else.

Of the 120+ posts in this thread I counted a dozen at most that could in any way be considered male bashing. Most of those were a stretch, and only 3 were after OP admitted she over reacted. By and large people were saying that OP being too sensitive, and that the hubby probably didn't mean it that way. For the most part people were trying to be helpful and encouraging. And for once an OP didn't make a ranting post and disappear. She stuck through the thread, answered questions, and took things to heart.

Perhaps you too are overeating or reading too much into the posts because 'male bashing' is a sensitive topic for you.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    MissJay75 wrote: »
    The amount of man bashing in this thread is absurd. So many people criticizing him even after the OP admitted many posts ago that she over reacted. Look at everyone judging him after receiving so little information on the conversation. Without being present to know how it started and what the tone was. It all just shows a lack of self confidence in themselves as they try to shift issues they have on to someone else.

Of the 120+ posts in this thread I counted a dozen at most that could in any way be considered male bashing. Most of those were a stretch, and only 3 were after OP admitted she over reacted. By and large people were saying that OP being too sensitive, and that the hubby probably didn't mean it that way. For the most part people were trying to be helpful and encouraging. And for once an OP didn't make a ranting post and disappear. She stuck through the thread, answered questions, and took things to heart.

Perhaps you too are overeating or reading too much into the posts because 'male bashing' is a sensitive topic for you.

I dunno, I'd be pretty darn irritated if I were reading a thread about women needing to be "trained" to behave in an acceptable way, or how women were just insensitive by nature, or how women just don't think before we speak. Especially because it happens on just about every single thread of this type.

Anyway, the OP said her husband was NOT supportive of her NOT getting the surgery. That would hurt my feelings, too. She talked to him about it, and he said sorry. So yay for talking and resolutions.
  • Turning_Hopes_to_Habits
    Options
    There is a whole contingent of folks whose first reaction is to blame the person who has the hurt feelings. If you didn't LET your feelings get hurt, then you wouldn't have a problem, hence it's all under your control, hence you choose to feel bad. Make a different choice and, voila, I've solved your problem! It's all fixed. Go on about your business now.

And if you don't agree or my advice to let it go doesn't work for you, that's my cue to start on the tough love. Thank God for gifs and memes, it makes the whole process a lot wittier!

(/sarcasm)
  • newhealthykim
    newhealthykim Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Please talk to him. "I felt hurt when you asked that question because..." might go a really long way. Men are more direct. It's very possible he has no idea how that question affected you.
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    MissJay75 wrote: »

Sensitive topic for me? Not at all. I just find it hilarious how so many jump to criticize without knowing the facts.

Fair enough. Also I meant to say overreacting not overeating. Silly typos.