Replies

• xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Very nice!
  • SGM_Adonis
    SGM_Adonis Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    I'm staying at prescribed weight and going for time and unbroken reps. Goal is 1:30 seconds... Will post tomorrow.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Fabulous! Then again, I come to expect awesomeness from you. =)

Not something I'm willing to tackle right now, but love the idea of the challenge~!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    So who is Jim Stoppani?
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    So who is Jim Stoppani?

Do you even google? :wink:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jim-stoppani.htm
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    THIS IS AWESOME.

That is all. :flowerforyou:
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    what % of your 1RM is that?

Just curious how screwed I will be when I try it. ;)

If I remember, you're in the mid 400s? You could do 250x25 easy.

But yeah, I'm out on this one. Last deadlift challenge I did was BWxAMRAP (did 215x50) and I couldn't walk for about a week. High rep deadlifts are really dumb.
  • jorge_ta83
    jorge_ta83 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Now I am depressed, I must be the weakest man in the planet... sigh :'(
  • dbmata
    edited October 2014
    Options
    DopeItUp wrote: »

But yeah, I'm out on this one. Last deadlift challenge I did was BWxAMRAP (did 215x50) and I couldn't walk for about a week. High rep deadlifts are really dumb.
    425, so I'll do it as a three plate, just might not be able to video it, the gym has a no video policy as far as I know.

If nothing else, I'll do it for my own edification.

@usmcmp I did, and all I saw was some weird advertising site.

ETA - your link is much better.
  • usmcmp
    edited October 2014
    Options
    DopeItUp wrote: »

50 reps? Without rest and a high weight, probably really dumb. 25? Not that high. 5x5 programs have you doing 25 and many hypertrophy programs have you doing even more. There is no rule saying you can't take a break for 30 seconds to a minute.
  • dbmata
    Options
    jorge_ta83 wrote: »
    Now I am depressed, I must be the weakest man in the planet... sigh :'(

pfffft, you should have seen me yesterday. Couldn't even get the bar off the rack for my last set of floor press. I was strong, strong like infant.

Just work it hard, rest, work it again.
  • AmandaHugginkiss
    AmandaHugginkiss Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    My 1RM is 195. .75 of that is pretty easy for 5x5, and I do that routinely. 25 reps without rest, however, is not something I want to do. I know someone who tore a biceps tendon doing a 25 rep challenge at 250. His DL 1RM is in the mid-400s, and he curled it on the 25th rep. You could see it pop on the video.
  • usmcmp
    Options
    My 1RM is 195. .75 of that is pretty easy for 5x5, and I do that routinely. 25 reps without rest, however, is not something I want to do. I know someone who tore a biceps tendon doing a 25 rep challenge at 250. His DL 1RM is in the mid-400s, and he curled it on the 25th rep. You could see it pop on the video.

Curling it was definitely a bad idea.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    I could probably do 150 lbs 25 times, but that's about it. You're Superwoman! Great job. :smile:
  • Lennox497
    Lennox497 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    nice work...fantastic challenge.
  • dbmata
    Options
    curling it...

sounds like he french fried when he should have pizza'ed.

If you french fry when you should pizza, you're going to have a bad day.
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I did it when you originally did it. Here's mine. I'd do it again but I have a meet in a month and doing this again would trash me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0Q4k8vV8mA&list=UUmZkoGSFC_p7muA2ym0Myrw
  • itsfeast4dabeast
    itsfeast4dabeast Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success. That's strong lifting

usmcmp wrote: »
    I shared this with my friends and some of them shared it with their friends, but I wanted to open this up to other members.

Jim Stoppani had challenged his followers on Facebook to deadlift 250 pounds for 25 reps. Those who took video of it and posted it got free lifetime membership to his website. I knew I could deadlift that much, but I didn't know if I could hit 25 reps. I decided to try it anyway.

Here was my attempt:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-Woh9kBLdI

After I completed it I learned that women only had to do 10 reps.

I plan on doing this challenge over again on December 1st and trying to beat my time. I have taken two months off from deadlifting since competing in the WPC-AWPC World Cup, so I am using the month of November to prepare for it to prevent injury.

I would love to see people attempt this challenge and post videos in this thread. I know a few have completed it already and many more are going to.

• usmcmp
    Options
    I did it when you originally did it. Here's mine. I'd do it again but I have a meet in a month and doing this again would trash me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0Q4k8vV8mA&list=UUmZkoGSFC_p7muA2ym0Myrw

You are incredible! Glad you shared yours again! This is beast, you weigh a lot less than me.
  • AmandaHugginkiss
    AmandaHugginkiss Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »

Curling it was definitely a bad idea.

Accidental curl. His form wasn't perfect on the last rep.