• WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Wow, just wow! mouth-hanging-open wow.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    I did it when you originally did it. Here's mine. I'd do it again but I have a meet in a month and doing this again would trash me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0Q4k8vV8mA&list=UUmZkoGSFC_p7muA2ym0Myrw

You are incredible! Glad you shared yours again! This is beast, you weigh a lot less than me.

Both of you are seriously strong. Impressive.
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    I did it when you originally did it. Here's mine. I'd do it again but I have a meet in a month and doing this again would trash me.

Nice. Is it just me or is that a sort of narrow for a sumo stance?

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

Not everyone who pulls sumo does the splits. Seems pretty normal for sumo to me. She's a competitive powerlifter, so I'm guessing years of lifting has proven this as the best width for her.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options

Feet just outside the rings is pretty common.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options

I remember when you posted that originally. That is really impressive especially considering that you are light as hell.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    yeah,, that's ridiculously impressive.
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    Those are two awesome videos. Seriously. All the respect
  • 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Wow - great effort! 
    - And I subscribed to your channel. :)
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Wow, just wow! mouth-hanging-open wow.

Yup couldn't agree more!
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    Absolutely great work! BTW There ARE easier ways to kill yourself if that's all you wanted. ;) I think I like the part best where you figured out afterwards you only had to do 10 and that makes the 25 that much sweeter! (Wish I we had a thumbs up emote)
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    OMG! I loved watching those. I know everyone else has said this, but: "YOU GUYS ARE INSPIRATIONAL!"
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the sweet comments! It was a great challenge and I definitely had to leave my comfort zone. I think at about the 18 rep mark I wanted to quit, but once you've done 18 what's 7 more?

I look forward to doing it again December 1st and I hope others will join in.
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options

I'm not sure. My ankles are just inside the rings. I've played with it a lot over the years and I still pull best with it a bit narrower as it gives me a bit more drive off the floor. Plus I need my feet facing more forward that outwards and it allows me to recruit more quad. Maybe it's not truly sumo but wide conventional? Regardless, it's the lift that gives me the most on my total :smiley:
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Great video--for me, I'm not sure about this. I did Diane the other day @ 3:18 (21-15-9 185# dl's & handstand push ups) in CF and felt great. However, this Monday, I did 15 DL's @ 265# and was sore, sore, sore until yesterday (Thursday) to the point of it really negatively impacting my training for my PL meet and my ability to CF. Also, my IT band was flipping me the middle finger. I can't do it now because of my upcoming meet. I feel like it's feasible for me but not advisable. Recovering takes longer at my age than it did when i was younger and sometimes I gotta honor that unless I'm in a competition setting. Sometimes I do stuff just because it sounds like a good idea and then I screw up the rest of my training for a while. Kudos to you on your great achievement and your awesome competition 1 rep max! :)
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options

I'm not sure. My ankles are just inside the rings. I've played with it a lot over the years and I still pull best with it a bit narrower as it gives me a bit more drive off the floor. Plus I need my feet facing more forward that outwards and it allows me to recruit more quad. Maybe it's not truly sumo but wide conventional? Regardless, it's the lift that gives me the most on my total :smiley:

Great job on yours as well! I love seeing people push themselves like that. I don't know if there is an exact measure for sumo vs classic but those were more sumo since your arms are inside. Whatever gets the weight up is all that matters in the end!
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Great video--for me, I'm not sure about this. I did Diane the other day @ 3:18 (21-15-9 185# dl's & handstand push ups) in CF and felt great. However, this Monday, I did 15 DL's @ 265# and was sore, sore, sore until yesterday (Thursday) to the point of it really negatively impacting my training for my PL meet and my ability to CF. Also, my IT band was flipping me the middle finger. I can't do it now because of my upcoming meet. I feel like it's feasible for me but not advisable. Recovering takes longer at my age than it did when i was younger and sometimes I gotta honor that unless I'm in a competition setting. Sometimes I do stuff just because it sounds like a good idea and then I screw up the rest of my training for a while. Kudos to you on your great achievement and your awesome competition 1 rep max! :)

I''ll be 50 next month and let me tell you recovery gets even worse. I have to be pretty strategic with how I plan things where 6 years ago I didn't give it nearly as much thought.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    You are the awesomest of the awesome!!!
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    You absolutely rock!!! ✊
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options

I''ll be 50 next month and let me tell you recovery gets even worse. I have to be pretty strategic with how I plan things where 6 years ago I didn't give it nearly as much thought.

I've seen you around the forums occasionally. Very impressive and inspirational. I have so, so, so much respect for female master's athletes, especially in strength sports. Keep up the great work!