Weight Loss opposite sex attention?

Options

Replies

• EskimoMark
    Options
    I've dropped >20 lbs in the past three months, I've noticed I'm getting a few more looks from the ladies. I don't mind one bit. Whatever. If it bothers you, you're probably complaining to the wrong bunch here.

Probably, but I really don't understand anymore why I have to lose weight to meet my needs. I mean like I said, I'm 100% dedicated to losing it, but the more issue here is, I'm not sure I can stay motivated knowning the issues about getting attention suddenly.
  • LeslieTSUK
    LeslieTSUK Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    easy to tell those who want you for you and not for how you look,
    1st: don't screw them on first date.
    2nd: spend time listening to them, if they shallow they soon say something to make you realise.

smiles....
  • EskimoMark
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    sentaruu wrote: »
    So, would you date a 300lb woman?

as long as she completed college.. because he obviously is prejudice against uneducated people.

For real.

Proof right here. I asked for only one thing in order for me to consider dating her, and already I'm being judged. How come you're allowed to list 10+ Traits when I only list one, and get backlash?

• lookin4gains
    lookin4gains Posts: 1,762 Member
    Options
    If you haven't found a woman that interests you that isn't superficial, then maybe your only attracted to fake, superficial women. I think the question you need to ask yourself is, "Do you ask overweight women out on dates?" And if you don't, then shame on you.

Also, your friend probably received more attention from women after the weight loss because he was more outgoing and confident in himself then when he was overweight. Taking pride in yourself and taking care of yourself reflects immensely, and women are incredibly attracted to that.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    EskimoMark wrote: »

Probably would, but even they are picky. They want some Brad Pitt looking guy.

Oh my word. Your attitude is the problem my friend. I've known people like you. It's hard, I know. And whatever is causing you to think so negatively is not easy to fix. But you should lose the weight for yourself, love yourself, and the women will flock. As long as you're not a butt head or very boring.

The thing is, I'm not boring at all. I'm very social in clubs, fairly large friend groups. It's just I have zero relationships coming my way because I'm too big. (Yes I had girls say this before) I don't think it's fair that they would date me, but because I'm big, it means a 100% no even though I have a good ( Bias ) 10+ positive traits about myself.

Yeah my attitude is a problem, but then again after about 20+ Rejections including some bad ones, do you blame me?

I don't blame you per say, but it's really life. I assume you're a bit younger than me too, which doesn't help. Young girls can sometimes not have a clue. And I believe you that you have personality, but this kind of attitude shines through. Your confidence is damaged and people can see it.
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    I've dropped >20 lbs in the past three months, I've noticed I'm getting a few more looks from the ladies. I don't mind one bit. Whatever. If it bothers you, you're probably complaining to the wrong bunch here.

Probably, but I really don't understand anymore why I have to lose weight to meet my needs. I mean like I said, I'm 100% dedicated to losing it, but the more issue here is, I'm not sure I can stay motivated knowning the issues about getting attention suddenly.

do you love yourself more or less when you lose weight?
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Oh, this is going to end well.
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    This is very victim-y... figure out what you care about and build your life around those things and be open to the people who come into your life. It's not worth worrying about what draws people to you or not.. just be someone you are happy with and you'll find a good person.
  • daydreams_of_pretty
    daydreams_of_pretty Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I thought this thread was going to be about the positive feelings associated with getting more attention after weight loss. :\

I disagree that women are pickier than men, or are more likely to date heavier women. This has not been my experience.
  • EskimoMark
    Options
    from a human psychological stand point we're BOTH (men and women) programmed to naturally go after fit and healthy looking mates to produce the best off spring. If you were in the wilds hunting for food you wouldn't want a fat slob who couldn't hunt and such for you.

If you have trust issues than I suggest a therapist?

Wallet is a bit empty for that. But yeah I have trust issues probably.

The thing is, we don't have any proof that this primitive instinct exists. Look, media glorifies skinny women. But if you look at our primitive selves, we preferred bigger women because that implies they have a lot of food, and are good for child bearing. So a lot of this ties in with media.

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options

as long as she completed college.. because he obviously is prejudice against uneducated people.

For real.

Proof right here. I asked for only one thing in order for me to consider dating her, and already I'm being judged. How come you're allowed to list 10+ Traits when I only list one, and get backlash?

Mine were just silly, fun things I'd put on a dating site or something. Just in case my dream man is out there. Of course you can want to date someone who finished college. But, there are a lot of super intelligent women who have educated themselves but did not have the means to go. But I mean, I get you.
  • EskimoMark
    Options
    LeslieTSUK wrote: »
    2nd: spend time listening to them, if they shallow they soon say something to make you realise.

smiles....

I don't screw with them, and second, I do listen to them, ask questions about topics they mention. So I don't think that's the issue.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I'm going to keep this short and sweet. Why is it that girls tend to only recognize skinny people or athletic people as dating material? I honestly believe that once I lose weight I Will have trust issues. I have a friend named Gunnar, he went from 370 to 205 pounds in about a year, and suddenly girls who originally rejected him now are begging to go back to him.

How the hell do I deal with that? I don't think I can date a girl once I'm skinny because I know she likes me for my apperance. If she liked my personality, she could've went for me when I was fat.

You're over-generalizing.
    The kinds of women that will be interested in you as a thin person but not as an overweight/not thin person are a waste of time.
    My husband has not always been as fit as he is now. He got in better shape years after we got married...I love him every bit as much now as I did then.
    Looks fade. Love doesn't.
  • EskimoMark
    Options
    If you haven't found a woman that interests you that isn't superficial, then maybe your only attracted to fake, superficial women. I think the question you need to ask yourself is, "Do you ask overweight women out on dates?" And if you don't, then shame on you.

Also, your friend probably received more attention from women after the weight loss because he was more outgoing and confident in himself then when he was overweight. Taking pride in yourself and taking care of yourself reflects immensely, and women are incredibly attracted to that.

I'm actually outgoing, I understand online I can type up whatever I want, but what I'm saying is, I'm confident in public. I don't ask any women on dates. I gave up
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    LeslieTSUK wrote: »

smiles....

I don't screw with them, and second, I do listen to them, ask questions about topics they mention. So I don't think that's the issue.

Maybe the issue is you expect attention under a certain set of circumstances that you haven't even achieved?
  • EskimoMark
    Options

Probably would, but even they are picky. They want some Brad Pitt looking guy.

Oh my word. Your attitude is the problem my friend. I've known people like you. It's hard, I know. And whatever is causing you to think so negatively is not easy to fix. But you should lose the weight for yourself, love yourself, and the women will flock. As long as you're not a butt head or very boring.

The thing is, I'm not boring at all. I'm very social in clubs, fairly large friend groups. It's just I have zero relationships coming my way because I'm too big. (Yes I had girls say this before) I don't think it's fair that they would date me, but because I'm big, it means a 100% no even though I have a good ( Bias ) 10+ positive traits about myself.

Yeah my attitude is a problem, but then again after about 20+ Rejections including some bad ones, do you blame me?

I don't blame you per say, but it's really life. I assume you're a bit younger than me too, which doesn't help. Young girls can sometimes not have a clue. And I believe you that you have personality, but this kind of attitude shines through. Your confidence is damaged and people can see it.

Yeah it's damaged. I wonder who did that? Cough 20+ women cough
  • catb58
    catb58 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I've never liked scrawny men, no matter what I weighed. Attitude, good sense of humor, nice smile and eyes all count....along with having a steady job and the energy to do at least some of the things I enjoy such as bicycling, fishing, hiking. The attitude counts big time. Too many things in life will bring you down these days...don't need to have a partner doing that with a negative attitude. Sadly, I must be among the uneducated since I haven't completed college....so there go MY chances. ;)
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options

I'm actually outgoing, I understand online I can type up whatever I want, but what I'm saying is, I'm confident in public. I don't ask any women on dates. I gave up

if you gave up, then what's the matter? become a hobbit dude, their women are easy..
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I'm going to keep this short and sweet. Why is it that girls tend to only recognize skinny people or athletic people as dating material? I honestly believe that once I lose weight I Will have trust issues. I have a friend named Gunnar, he went from 370 to 205 pounds in about a year, and suddenly girls who originally rejected him now are begging to go back to him.

How the hell do I deal with that? I don't think I can date a girl once I'm skinny because I know she likes me for my apperance. If she liked my personality, she could've went for me when I was fat.

Don't paint us all with one brush. My most recent ex was nearly 300 lbs. He had other great qualities. While there are women who will disqualify a guy based on looks, including weight, there are plenty out there who don't have that qualm. If you're not getting dates, ask yourself if you are disqualifying women who maybe have some physical drawbacks and aren't perfect 10s. Also, ask yourself what else you are bringing to the table. My ex had a huge IQ and a wicked sense of humor. What are you bringing to a relationship?

• EskimoMark
    Options

do you love yourself more or less when you lose weight?

Feels bias, Not sure how to answer that since I can't compare it to anything.