Weight Loss opposite sex attention?

Options

Replies

• BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I don't really think that not being attracted to an obese man is the same as only wanting a super model and/or Brad Pitt. That's what we call a "false dichotomy", a failure of logic.

I dated plenty of chubby men in my time. I still really like the big teddy bear type (the man I married is totally not that type). A friend of mine is dating a big guy, 6'5" and about 270lbs and I totally dig him. But no, I wouldn't date an morbidly obese person. Just preference and attraction. I also like purple and country music.
  • jlmdc29
    jlmdc29 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Dude, give me a break. You're not overweight, your obese. Big difference. When was the last time you asked out a chick that weighed as much as you do? Yeah, that's what I thought.
  • EskimoMark
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    EskimoMark wrote: »
    sentaruu wrote: »
    So, would you date a 300lb woman?

as long as she completed college.. because he obviously is prejudice against uneducated people.

For real.

Proof right here. I asked for only one thing in order for me to consider dating her, and already I'm being judged. How come you're allowed to list 10+ Traits when I only list one, and get backlash?

Mine were just silly, fun things I'd put on a dating site or something. Just in case my dream man is out there. Of course you can want to date someone who finished college. But, there are a lot of super intelligent women who have educated themselves but did not have the means to go. But I mean, I get you.

Fair enough
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    sentaruu wrote: »
    So, would you date a 300lb woman?

as long as she completed college.. because he obviously is prejudice against uneducated people.

For real.

Proof right here. I asked for only one thing in order for me to consider dating her, and already I'm being judged. How come you're allowed to list 10+ Traits when I only list one, and get backlash?

Mine were just silly, fun things I'd put on a dating site or something. Just in case my dream man is out there. Of course you can want to date someone who finished college. But, there are a lot of super intelligent women who have educated themselves but did not have the means to go. But I mean, I get you.

Fair enough
    They were also in response to you saying I wouldn't look at you. And me trying to say, if you were the one-I would.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    jlmdc29 wrote: »
    Dude, give me a break. You're not overweight, your obese. Big difference. When was the last time you asked out a chick that weighed as much as you do? Yeah, that's what I thought.

Here's somebody keeping it real.
  • EskimoMark
    Options
    I thought this thread was going to be about the positive feelings associated with getting more attention after weight loss. :\

I disagree that women are pickier than men, or are more likely to date heavier women. This has not been my experience.

Sorry it ended that way, I mean I kind of saw it going that way, but I hoped I didn't get too emotional about it. But in my experience, that's not the case. I know guys who want heavier set girls but because they don't meet their physical standards.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    LOL Now you see.
  • gail1961
    gail1961 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    gail1961 wrote: »
    I think men are just as guilty (if not worse) of this as women. In my 20's and 30's I had NO problem getting dates when I was thin, but if I had extra weight on no dates. My husband is overweight and bald, just like when I met him and I am more in love with him today than when I met him 15 years ago! Just sayin'

Not true. Men are more likely to date heavier set females in comparison to vise versa.
    If you lowered your standards I feel you would have no issues prior meeting your husband.

Nope...men are more visual....also I didn't say I lowered my standards...pretty judgmental. I said I fell in love with him for who he was (personality) not what he looked like. So thanks for saying all women are superficial.
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    There's no point in dating someone if you're not physically attracted to them. Personality matters A LOT, but there has to be attraction too. You can't help who you're attracted to, so don't get all butthurt at girls.

While I agree here, males are more willing to lower standards to date someone. Women want a Brad Pitt or some supermodel and do not settle for less.
    Ok, what study is this info from? What book was this found in? Or did you discover this during your travels around the world? How else could you possibly know what hundreds of thousands of women want or are attracted to?!?! How dare you!! You don't know anything about me, my sister and my friends! And for the record I think Brad Pitt is not attractive at all!!
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    OK this person is a troll.
    Check out their profile. They built it just to do this thread...Really?
    I mean...you're not genuinely on this site to do anything related to fitness if you build a profile that bashes women, then promptly come on here to post a thread about bashing women...
    Judging by what I've read so far-being this down on yourself and on people you don't even know/haven't met yet...it's not doing you any favors.
    Post pictures. Post real facts about yourself. Open your diary up...otherwise we're all going to assume you're just here to stir the pot.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    Actually, in my own observations, women are far more likely to "date down" in the looks department than men are. Why this is, I don't know. Perhaps women seek qualities other than those relating to appearance. Perhaps all the unfortunate-looking men with beautiful wives are just rich, but that hasn't been the case in my experience.
  • irleshay
    irleshay Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Maybe you shouldn't knock it before you try it? Maybe you'll lose the weight and meet a girl who's interested, and in the middle of all that animal attraction you won't care what she might have thought of you XX pounds ago? Maybe she'll be the love of your life, and vice versa. My point is, don't let a hangup about what could be get in the way before you even get there.

Also, am I reading your profile right that you eat 800 calories a day? Double that, man. It's not worth endangering your health to prove a point, as you say.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options

"Yeah it's damaged. I wonder who did that? Cough 20+ women cough"

Your attitude sucks.

And it wasn't women who put the food in your mouth and made you gain that weight. YOU did that to yourself. And your attitude is further crippling you. So lose that too.

I notice you didn't answer the question of whether or not you ask overweight women out on dates. I bet you don't. And why is that?

I knew this guy years ago who was a big guy. And I was interested in him and let him know. You know what he did? He turned me down and told me I was too fat and that he wasn't interested in "bigger women." When the truth was HE WAS THE SAME SIZE AS ME.

So I lost weight later on and found someone. He's still overweight and single. Still looking for something he can't have.

• MSeel1984
    Options
    As I stated-person was a troll. They just deactivated their account.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time believing the OP is for real, based on his follow up replies in this thread. I suspect this is a troll post. But, if you want to meet a woman, work on your internal baggage first.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    In, to be blamed for some random internet strangers self confidence issues.
  • KrazyKenny1967
    Options
    something to be said for raw physical attraction it is what it is !
  • MSeel1984
    Options
    I have a hard time believing the OP is for real, based on his follow up replies in this thread. I suspect this is a troll post. But, if you want to meet a woman, work on your internal baggage first.

Yeah, they deactivated their account. Trolling
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    In, to be blamed for some random internet strangers self confidence issues.

Y u do dat 2 me? *cries*

• Tornadoes_R_Fun
    Options
    being overweight is unattractive. its normal that as you lose weight you will attract more and better looking mates.