Down 104 lbs. - Over Halfway to Goal!!! (pics)

Options
12345679»

Replies

• Sarahcspr
    Sarahcspr Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Your story shows you are a very strong women. Congratulations on your success so far, you are sure to make your goal.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad you came back and posted! You're still in the fight and look great, the bumps in the road don't take away from your success.

How is your blood sugar? I'm a type 2 myself and reading that you weren't able to visit a doctor or have a working blood sugar monitor was scary. Losing weight and exercise can reverse a lot of the effects of type 2, but it's never really gone, just in remission.
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    You haven't failed until you give up trying xx You are an amazing lady who keeps finding strength to get back up when life knocks you down. I wish you all the best in your search for balance in life and hope you can find lots of fun on the way.
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    WOW and awesome job. Keep it up, you got this
  • jennifurballs
    jennifurballs Posts: 247 Member
    Options

[/quote]

I'd consider you a success story; success doesn't necessarily mean that you set a goal and then you achieve it straight away. It means learning about yourself, growing as a person, learning acceptance, developing patience and mostly perseverance.

Success is as much about the journey and it is important to realise that progress is rarely linear and therefore neither is success.

Great work and dedication. Keep your head held high. Btw, it might be an idea that your son does talking therapy about what he saw to make sure he doesn't bottle things up. Just an idea. [/quote]

Thank you so much for this! It really means a lot and helps put things in perspective for me.

I took my son to a therapist after it happened. He didn't really care much for her, but she said that he was dealing with the trauma in a healthy manner and she didn't see the need to see him any further unless I noticed anything bubbling up down the road. Thankfully, he seems to be a very mature, level-headed teen. Much more wise and mature than I was at his age.

• jennifurballs
    jennifurballs Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad you came back and posted! You're still in the fight and look great, the bumps in the road don't take away from your success.

How is your blood sugar? I'm a type 2 myself and reading that you weren't able to visit a doctor or have a working blood sugar monitor was scary. Losing weight and exercise can reverse a lot of the effects of type 2, but it's never really gone, just in remission.

Thank you! I'm back in remission and have just recently stopped taking the meds. That feels great!
  • MsBaz2018
    MsBaz2018 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story. It's always such an inspiration to see that people do manage to lose despite all that life throws at them.
  • sflohr
    sflohr Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Yes! You’re so great. Thank you for sharing your story and many successes.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    wow, no wonder you ate. I had a very dysfunctional family also and my friends could never understand who had good parents. You are amazing, keep up the good work, you can do anything! I had a narcisstic presc drug mother and doormat Dad that was abused from his alcoholic Dad. I went thru a divorce and they were buddies with my exhusb. I got up to 208 and parents harassed me all the time,now I know they are mostly the reason I gained weight. I lost 40 lbs and gained 25 back and got it off this year so keep up the good work, we can do it! Glad I did not live with my parents like you did, I can see where that was horrible. I friended you.
  • lollitakennedy
    lollitakennedy Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Yes thank you for sharing. You are blossoming into your true self. Keep up the hard work you are so worth it. Dont worry at the gym with people smiling. Just smile and they will all know you are ok. We are all struggling one way or another ours is just food. I lost 30lbs and gained it back on MFP. Over 6 years. We have to be careful because it creeps back on quickly. Exercise has to remain a part of your life for ever. I have been working out for 8months and I am just starting to feel strong. I now have to focus on the weight. Keep in touch :)
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Options
    Yes, you have inspired me!! You have done amazing work and you are worth it!! I am trying to get a handle on the stress eating after a rotten past as well. I am sorry for all that you have been through. I am happy for you that you are using it for the good. I look forward to seeing the next pictures. Thank you so much for sharing!!
  • jonjaxmom
    jonjaxmom Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Wow you are such a warrior. Thank you.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!