November Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• kelle_r
    Options
    I too am just starting so I am going to do 3 miles per week so 12 miles total
    exercise.png
  • veganbettie
    veganbettie Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    fabnine wrote: »
    i'm not sure i'm going to do this right, but i want to join in...new to running here and a busy working mother of a two year old...

My goal is a 5k three times a week and the big goal (that I won't count here) is to be able to run a 10k at the end of the month....but i'm just going to count the 5k for now for 37.2 miles for the month....
    Hi veganbettie! I have a 3 yr old (& other children) and I often get up at 4:45 to run. You're in good company here, everyone is so cheerful & supportive.

Good to know, it's been hard to find a balance and to get rid of those excuses...My little guy wakes up in the morning and cries for me if i'm not there, so i'm a little worried about this...Gotta rely and trust the daddy here!!!
  • stmadoesboy
    stmadoesboy Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I will re-join this month and up my target to 65miles. Tough in the cold, dark and rain but I'm up for the challenge!
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I want to join with 56 miles for November.

exercise.png
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    One question, If you run 210 in November does that drop December to 204?
    Yeah... I just need to get 414 by 12/31. I will knock off a few more of those in the morning to finish off October... I'm still trying to figure out how you convinced me that this was a good idea... lol

• shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,388 Member
    Options
    I missed my goal last month and figured I was too burnt to meet my year goal, but a friend has challenged me to grind it out. To hit my goal I need 207 miles in November and another 207 in December. She says she will match me mile for mile... which means we have a lot cold winter running ahead of us...my ticker is for my year goal so I don't lose sight of it...
    I hate cold weather, but I love seeing people accomplish everything they're capable of.
    I'm in for 207 in November. One question, If you run 210 in November does that drop December to 204?
    I'm still aiming for 200 in October so I'll make a ticker tomorrow.

You two are awesome! I can't imagine running 200 miles in a month even in nice weather!
  • chrishazza
    chrishazza Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Count me in guys.My target for the month is 90 miles.
  • ShortMrsN
    ShortMrsN Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    ShortMrsN wrote: »
    I'm going to repeat my goal from October....100km.
    I have my first 10km at the end of November :) All things going well I should pass the 100!!
    Shiny new ticker :) November starts tomorrow for me (live in New Zealand) but wont go for a run until the 2nd.

exercise.png
  • EmilyStopFlying
    EmilyStopFlying Posts: 124 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I've been running for a few months, but I haven't participated in this challenge yet. I just counted, and in October I went 67km, so I'll try for a doable 70km (~43 miles) this month. I've got my first official 5k on Sunday the 2nd, so that's a good place to start!

exercise.png
  • gsiyer85
    gsiyer85 Posts: 13 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Hi am in as well.. I am just a beginner.. So will be doing a run/walk combination... Aiming for 60 miles of both together!!! Off to create my ticker..
    exercise.png
  • JustWant2Run
    JustWant2Run Posts: 286 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I'm gonna join this thing for the first time.

Since I'll be recovering from a race on Nov. 2, and November is going to be my "off-season" month before I start marathon training again, I'm gonna go with a goal of 150 miles.

Good luck to all :)
  • Daisy471
    Daisy471 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    In for 80 miles

exercise.png
  • larrewl
    larrewl Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I only ran 65 of my 80 mile October goal due to sickness so I'm going for 80 miles again for November. :)
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Oh what's another place to log and chit-chat about running... Gimme 215. Notable runs for November are:

Indy Monumental Half (1 Nov)
    Pittsburgh EQT 10 Miler (9 Nov)
    ORRRC Turkey Trot 5 Miler (27 Nov)

No energy for tickers, but I'll post stats weekly :)
  • ShayeDei
    Options
    I want in as well. My goal is to get in atleast 60 miles for the month.
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    My goal will be 50 in November. Will make ticker tomorrow! I bike on the weekend so won't start till the 3rd.
  • Runningmischka
    Runningmischka Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    exercise.png
    OK, set up my new ticker :) Great to see so many new participants, welcome everyone!!! I hope you all find this group as fun and supporting as I do.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    exercise.png
    OK, set up my new ticker :) Great to see so many new participants, welcome everyone!!! I hope you all find this group as fun and supporting as I do.

You know I'm loving that ticker! That baby is going to come out running :sunglasses:

• Runningmischka
    Runningmischka Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom : my current profile pic was taken after I finished my September half-marathon..while being pregnant (although I didn't know it then) So I think you are onto something :p
  • Minnygirl1
    Minnygirl1 Posts: 83 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Alright, I'm in!! I have been running consistently all summer (after dropping 30pounds between February-July) now I need a new challenge to keep this weight off!! I will run 60 miles on November. Woohoo!!!!