November Running Challenge

Replies

• sansaeverdeen
    sansaeverdeen Posts: 13 Member
    I've never joined a challenge, but I just finished week one of the C25k program and experienced my first runner's high this week. I can't wait!

exercise.png
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    My first half marathon is November 15th, so I'm a bit torn on what to plan out here. I don't want to short myself, but don't want to overdo it either. Looking at the calendar, it might be possible to hit 70 miles this month. So I guess I'll go for it and plan out 70!
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    @skippygirlsmom : my current profile pic was taken after I finished my September half-marathon..while being pregnant (although I didn't know it then) So I think you are onto something :p

:smiley:

I've never joined a challenge, but I just finished week one of the C25k program and experienced my first runner's high this week. I can't wait!

exercise.png

Welcome!
  • viktha
    viktha Posts: 36 Member
    I have been running since May of this year but recently sprained my ankle. I am trying to get back at it, still really uncomfortable to run. I would love to aim for 50 miles in November.
  • harpere87
    harpere87 Posts: 142 Member
    I'm in - cutting back due to colder weather and shorter races - 25 miles in November!
    exercise.png
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited October 2014
    This sounds like fun. My goal is 75 miles, mostly walking, some running. :) Have to figure out this ticker thing.

exercise.png
  • Urhopehere
    Urhopehere Posts: 5
    edited October 2014
    Heyyyy, Hope here :-) First day on MFP :smile: and this is gonna be my first challenge ;) gonna finish 100 miles this month.... Fingers-crossed :) All the best to everybody !!!! Lets do this !!

exercise.png

• kadibo
    kadibo Posts: 15
    Ok.... I'm in for November. I am a relatively new runner. I completed a 5K and I am working on ZenLabs 10K program. I'm in for 50 miles this month.

exercise.png
  • BChanFit
    BChanFit Posts: 209 Member
    Shooting for 80 miles starting tomorrow!

exercise.png
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    I'm going to drop down from 50 miles to 30 miles for November. I don't want to burn myself out.
  • gabbo34
    gabbo34 Posts: 289 Member
    edited October 2014
    My goal was 50 miles in October and somehow ran 71miles . (my first 5k was in September and I got addicted) But with a couple of travel trips for work and Thanksgiving, I don't know how my running schedule will be impacted. I'm going to try to make up for it with longer runs on the weekend. I'm in for 75 miles...need to get an udpated ticker.
  • yossale3
    yossale3 Posts: 224 Member
    going for a hard one for me. 160km = 100mile.
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    I love seeing all these big goals! That's what so good about these threads...gets us to push ourselves...
  • Remus42
    Remus42 Posts: 149 Member
    edited October 2014
    Well I hit my goal of 90k for October. I guess I could bump it up to 100k.
  • username301
    username301 Posts: 247 Member
    Goals:
    1. Run 100km in total
    2. Increase distance to 8km
    3. Run/walk Interval of 35/1min
    4. Run for 1hr
    5. Run 7km in 54min
    6. Take part in a fun run
    7. New PB for 5km (37.56)
    8. Establish PB for, 1km, 1mile.
  • I am joining. My goal is 50 miles. Please add me as a friend, if you are interested. I am restarting on MFP after a hiatus and some weight regained.
  • fabnine
    fabnine Posts: 379 Member
    edited October 2014
    shanaber wrote: »
    fabnine wrote: »
    I missed my goal last month and figured I was too burnt to meet my year goal, but a friend has challenged me to grind it out. To hit my goal I need 207 miles in November and another 207 in December. She says she will match me mile for mile... which means we have a lot cold winter running ahead of us...my ticker is for my year goal so I don't lose sight of it...
    I hate cold weather, but I love seeing people accomplish everything they're capable of.
    I'm in for 207 in November. One question, If you run 210 in November does that drop December to 204?
    I'm still aiming for 200 in October so I'll make a ticker tomorrow.

You two are awesome! I can't imagine running 200 miles in a month even in nice weather!
    Wolf has all the winter running experience. Running in the cold will be new for me. I've been running about 200 miles each month since May. I think it's doable, maybe crazy, but doable.
    @sonicdeathmonkey I creeped your log over at Running Ahead. You're no stranger to high miles & your pace blows mine away. 215 this month will put you incredibly close to 2000 miles for 2014. Unlike the wolfman I was only aiming for 1500 this year. You boys are serious runners!

Edit to ask: Anyone else using Running Ahead to log miles or workouts?

• HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    In for 70 this month....as I train for the Las Vegas RocknRoll half!
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    So i had an injury last month unrelated to running, so i gave up on logging my miles. Screwed up my half marathon and ended the month with something ridiculous like 120 miles. Oh well.
    I've got my first marathon Sunday, and I have no idea how that will effect my running. Also I'll be hanging up my jogging stroller this month so no more run commuting, so I'm going to lower my goal to 100 while I see how not having the stroller impacts my training.
  • fabnine
    fabnine Posts: 379 Member
    So i had an injury last month unrelated to running, so i gave up on logging my miles. Screwed up my half marathon and ended the month with something ridiculous like 120 miles. Oh well.
    I've got my first marathon Sunday, and I have no idea how that will effect my running. Also I'll be hanging up my jogging stroller this month so no more run commuting, so I'm going to lower my goal to 100 while I see how not having the stroller impacts my training.
    Sorry to hear your month was disappointing, and hope your injury has healed. 120 miles really is still an accomplishment though. :)
    Good Luck Sunday!!!