This will make you think twice before eating that Halloween Candy!

Options

Replies

• eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Looks like somebody just made another alternate account
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    eric_sg61 wrote: »

lol, yup. steve098 is bored today.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Grokkorg wrote: »
    Navtendon wrote: »
    jbach2 wrote: »
    dakotababy wrote: »
    It is like it is healthy to still be able to eat "junk" and move on...get myself to the gym the next day, eat healthier, etc. This is real life.

In real life, junk food is still junk.

That was very well put.

Why is it that the people that complain the most about junk food or sugar never have open diaries?

Time for more chocolate
    5267698593a9d.preview-620.jpg

Because you asked:

I wasn't complaining about junk food nor do I have ill feelings towards it. Why would I? I don't eat it or crave it. Was I commenting about it? yes. it's a forum.

I never enter anything into my diary. Why would I? I don't count calories or keep track of the amount of food I eat to care enough about a diary. I eat when I'm hungry and stop when I'm full. (I also eat when I'm full, esp when it's delicious). I do watch the types of food that go into my mouth very carefully and I don't need a diary for that. Just a set of eyes. I'm not on this website for help. I'm on this website to help.

Ah, don't count calories but claims to maintain on 4,000+ calories a day. Gotcha, thanks for the reassurance.

That was a long thread in which I stated that so you may have missed relevant parts of the discussion. I described in that thread that someone once asked me to count for a day, so I picked an average day and did that for their curiosity.

In that same thread you admitted to lying about your sex, creating multiple accounts to hide under, and many other lies if I remember correctly.... yea that's who I want to get help from

Also wtf would you attempt to steer people away from calorie counting on a site that is designed around that concept? Are you really that idiotic? nevermind you don't need to answer that

Then don't take my help. We went over this.

Actually, preaching to the converted would be idiotic.

Oh no fear of me taking your help, I've seen you caught in way too many lies as you hide behind your blank profile claiming to be a doctor.

But I will call you on your BS

Ok. Sounds amicable.

Dude, you have a lot of really good points and those that have actually read up on stuff are on the same page. But why the hell do you give these ignorant people the time of day?

You don't seem like yourself. Here, have a snickers.
  • Navtendon
    Navtendon Posts: 168
    Options
    It is like it is healthy to still be able to eat "junk" and move on...get myself to the gym the next day, eat healthier, etc. This is real life.

That was very well put.

Why is it that the people that complain the most about junk food or sugar never have open diaries?

Time for more chocolate

Because you asked:

I wasn't complaining about junk food nor do I have ill feelings towards it. Why would I? I don't eat it or crave it. Was I commenting about it? yes. it's a forum.

I never enter anything into my diary. Why would I? I don't count calories or keep track of the amount of food I eat to care enough about a diary. I eat when I'm hungry and stop when I'm full. (I also eat when I'm full, esp when it's delicious). I do watch the types of food that go into my mouth very carefully and I don't need a diary for that. Just a set of eyes. I'm not on this website for help. I'm on this website to help.

Ah, don't count calories but claims to maintain on 4,000+ calories a day. Gotcha, thanks for the reassurance.

That was a long thread in which I stated that so you may have missed relevant parts of the discussion. I described in that thread that someone once asked me to count for a day, so I picked an average day and did that for their curiosity.

In that same thread you admitted to lying about your sex, creating multiple accounts to hide under, and many other lies if I remember correctly.... yea that's who I want to get help from

Also wtf would you attempt to steer people away from calorie counting on a site that is designed around that concept? Are you really that idiotic? nevermind you don't need to answer that

Oh no fear of me taking your help, I've seen you caught in way too many lies as you hide behind your blank profile claiming to be a doctor.

Ok. Sounds amicable.

Dude, you have a lot of really good points and those that have actually read up on stuff are on the same page. But why the hell do you give these ignorant people the time of day?

B/c it's fun.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options

That was very well put.

Time for more chocolate

Because you asked:

Ok. Sounds amicable.

I. Agree. Lots. Of. Really. Good. Points.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options

That was very well put.

Time for more chocolate

Because you asked:

Ok. Sounds amicable.

Yes you can learn from them: how to lie about how much they eat, what sex they are, and how to make multiple accounts
  • Navtendon
    Options
    Paige682 wrote: »

That was very well put.

Time for more chocolate

Because you asked:

Ok. Sounds amicable.

You don't seem like yourself. Here, have a snickers.

Well done. Looks like the girls are ahead of you guys.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I am astonished how many flags got thrown up in pages 2-5 for completely innocent comments... still reading to catch up though.

Also, there are mini-Toblerones? Where does one find these elusive treats?
  • TossaBeanBag
    TossaBeanBag Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Those brownies sure look good.
  • Navtendon
    Options

Ha! Ya, the only explanation for someone else having common sense is a duplicate account. Maybe he's right, I am wasting my time.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options

Ha! Ya, the only explanation for someone else having common sense is a duplicate account. Maybe he's right, I am wasting my time.
    How do you know who I am talking about?
  • uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Kelli850 wrote: »
    22rsf0ibofz1.jpg

Is it really worth the calories?

Tonight I am going to eat significantly more candy than is shown there...and enjoy it beyond belief.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Just had a twix and kit kat. I will be going back for more!!!!! Hells yeah it is soo worth it!!!!
  • blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I cannot be the only person whose diary today reads:
    Breakfast
    Fun Size Candy Bar, Snickers. 2 Bars. 160 Calories.
    Coffee- Brewed from grounds. 1 Cup. 4 calories.

Oh man, I wish...

SimpEating.gif
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Totally worth it ... if I liked that kind of candy.

Now, pin up some cake, brownies, pie and cookies and it's on!

Don't think I'd be burning a serving of any of those of in <30min, though :disappointed:
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Oh, and BTW ...

I get all the other exercises, but what in the world is Physique?
  • drabbits3
    drabbits3 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I am with the OP--this actually helps me decide if one small piece of crappy low quality candy is worth it. I KNOW I'm going to hear all about how "my idea of crap is different than everyone else's". Well, clearly. Isn't that what we are all trying to figure out--how to live in normal life AND not be overweight and unhealthy? Aren't those the decisions we all make every day? I would MUCH rather have a cookie or slice of pie or croissant any day than candy. BUT that is my choice. Just like money, we are all deciding how to "spend" our calories. If I want to save some calories to spend on candy, that's up to me, but at least I know what I'm in for. I teach and there is candy EVERYWHERE today. Most of it is garbage I don't like so I am not eating it. Now if almond joys come my way I could eat my body weight in almond joys. Everything else-MEH, pass.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    drabbits3 wrote: »
    I am with the OP--this actually helps me decide if one small piece of crappy low quality candy is worth it. I KNOW I'm going to hear all about how "my idea of crap is different than everyone else's". Well, clearly. Isn't that what we are all trying to figure out--how to live in normal life AND not be overweight and unhealthy? Aren't those the decisions we all make every day? I would MUCH rather have a cookie or slice of pie or croissant any day than candy. BUT that is my choice. Just like money, we are all deciding how to "spend" our calories. If I want to save some calories to spend on candy, that's up to me, but at least I know what I'm in for. I teach and there is candy EVERYWHERE today. Most of it is garbage I don't like so I am not eating it. Now if almond joys come my way I could eat my body weight in almond joys. Everything else-MEH, pass.

It's not the problem of spending the calories or knowing how many calories are in each item, the chart comes off as a punishment for enjoying a piece of candy which is an unhealthy way to look at any food.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    My breakfast this morning was:
    1x whatchamacallit bar
    1x fun size reeses peanut butter cup.
  • ivygirl1937
    ivygirl1937 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Well, I was good for breakfast but I had a homemade Oreo brownie from a small bakery where I got lunch with a friend. Totally worth it. It fit in my calories so why not just enjoy my lunch treat?