This will make you think twice before eating that Halloween Candy!

Options

Replies

• ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,769 Member
    Options
    I will do 50 burps for a Snickers. Some things are worth the effort.
  • stopdropandstay
    stopdropandstay Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    this is really just all in good fun. I think we all understand that there's an unhealthy relationship between exercise and candy and, portion control, and this isn't actually true and blah blah blah... there's no need to smother everyone with your politically correct beliefs and whatnot... sigh.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i added the calorie count up. 754 calories. that is a fifty minute run for me. gimme candy.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Grokkorg wrote: »
    jbach2 wrote: »
    dakotababy wrote: »
    It is like it is healthy to still be able to eat "junk" and move on...get myself to the gym the next day, eat healthier, etc. This is real life.

In real life, junk food is still junk.

Props to this
    yup + 1

• Hearts_2015
    Options
    drabbits3 wrote: »
    I am with the OP--this actually helps me decide if one small piece of crappy low quality candy is worth it. I KNOW I'm going to hear all about how "my idea of crap is different than everyone else's". Well, clearly. Isn't that what we are all trying to figure out--how to live in normal life AND not be overweight and unhealthy? Aren't those the decisions we all make every day? I would MUCH rather have a cookie or slice of pie or croissant any day than candy. BUT that is my choice. Just like money, we are all deciding how to "spend" our calories. If I want to save some calories to spend on candy, that's up to me, but at least I know what I'm in for. I teach and there is candy EVERYWHERE today. Most of it is garbage I don't like so I am not eating it. Now if almond joys come my way I could eat my body weight in almond joys. Everything else-MEH, pass.
    nicely written :)
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Slacker16 wrote: »
    I thought by "candy" you meant "slutty girls in sexy costumes".
    Leaving disappointed.

Candy stripers. Wut wut.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    i added the calorie count up. 754 calories. that is a fifty minute run for me. gimme candy.

Thank you!! I'd been too lazy to get the total count. :mrgreen: Makes not having to choose much easier.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

Thank you!! I'd been too lazy to get the total count. :mrgreen: Makes not having to choose much easier.

too lazy to add up a few numbers??

you'll do well.
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options

you'll do well.

Now, now.
  • Hearts_2015
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Otherwise- this would just be a random site where people talk about food a lot.
    You say that like it's a bad thing :laugh:
    :laugh: Actually it is a site where ppl talk about food a lot..randomly. WHich is sorta the point of MFP food and fitness.. get it? :)
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options

you'll do well.

I blame mfp... I input food, it gives me total numbers... I used to be great at quickly adding numbers in my head. :smiley:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Ive learned to eat candy (chocolate) in moderation all year round but I do think the concept behind the OP's post is spot on for some....a lot of people think candy is behind some secret vault all year and on Halloween its a free for all. Just eat the darn stuff in moderation if you like it, However if a Cadbury Fruit & Nut was on that board I would be looking at some serious Squats and Jumping Jacks well worth it.
  • silentKayak
    silentKayak Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    How much candy do I earn by walking my kids around the neighborhood in the pouring rain for 3 hours? Answer: not enough
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Thinking this way towards food will just create an unhealthy relationship with it. You shouldn't have to "punish" yourself through a workout because you had a treat. Exercise should be a reward for your body. You are getting healthy and strong. If you have Halloween candy, enjoy it! Don't worry about what "torture" you'll have to do to burn it off. Eat the piece(or pieces!) of candy and have fun!
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Let me see...did it make me think twice?

107097-Lana-Archer-NOPE-gif-Imgur-sNvA.gif

*Eatz ALL THE CANDIEZ*

LAAAAAAANNAAAAA!!!

And yes it's worth it.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,087 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    I love how the OP posted a troll thread and then skipped out. Sitting back to watch the lulz.

That's not fair - she did come back a few pages in actually.

Nobody since has actually asked a question of OP so what else does she have to post about it?

I don't find these sorts of charts helpful but no reason to think OP's intentions weren't genuine.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    So since we changed our minds about giving out candy last night, guess what my pre-work breakfast will be? A couple Mini Crunch bars! That will immediately be worked off by running around my store. Mmmmmm.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    So since we changed our minds about giving out candy last night, guess what my pre-work breakfast will be? A couple Mini Crunch bars! That will immediately be worked off by running around my store. Mmmmmm.

worked cancelled... and since I was slotted to work- I didn't pick up any candy- so I went to the gym- then went to CVS and picked up emergency candy. it was christmas candy. shrug- it was open in case of emergency trick or treat-ers.

No one came. MUAH HA HA HA HA HA All the candy - ALL THE TIME!!! ALL FOR ME~!!!!