This will make you think twice before eating that Halloween Candy!

Options

Replies

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Has anyone seen Halloween candy on clearance yet?
    I was holding out for the clearance candy, but since it's raining, I'm procrastinating on the gym/stocking up on candy.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Christmas candy? Lol! :smirk:

I haven't gotten out of bed yet to check out the candy sale...
  • estitom
    estitom Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    As someone who has struggled with an eating disorder for years - shut up, this message is terrible.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I was holding out for the clearance candy, but since it's raining, I'm procrastinating on the gym/stocking up on candy.

Last night they had NOTHING. nothing except candy corn on sale. Everything else was stripped off the shelf.

The lady was like- you know this isn't on sale right- because it's christmas candy- I was like- I know but you don't have any other bagged candy and I'm always that guy who doesn't have any- so not sale christmas candy it is.

• phillip269
    Options
    Here's a crazy idea: Negate 90 calories of candy by eating 90 less calories of something else.
    ....that made me chuckle...cool chart tho kelli ^^

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options

My store goes 50% off today AND is putting the Christmas candy out!
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    *facepalm* I had planned to walk to the gym and do a long swim since I had time for it today.

Wouldn't you know, after snarking the idea of working off calories for treats, I wound up exercising off (if the numbers for exercise are right and they probably aren't!) about as much as the candy I ate last night.

Promise I didn't plan that, honest.
  • twinkles2121
    twinkles2121 Posts: 137 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I cannot be the only person whose diary today reads:
    Breakfast
    Fun Size Candy Bar, Snickers. 2 Bars. 160 Calories.
    Coffee- Brewed from grounds. 1 Cup. 4 calories.

lol I just finished putting all that in my diary for this morning. YAY Chocolate for breakfast! o:)
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    Navtendon wrote: »
    Navtendon wrote: »
    jbach2 wrote: »
    dakotababy wrote: »
    It is like it is healthy to still be able to eat "junk" and move on...get myself to the gym the next day, eat healthier, etc. This is real life.

In real life, junk food is still junk.

That was very well put.

Why is it that the people that complain the most about junk food or sugar never have open diaries?

Time for more chocolate
    5267698593a9d.preview-620.jpg

Because you asked:

I wasn't complaining about junk food nor do I have ill feelings towards it. Why would I? I don't eat it or crave it. Was I commenting about it? yes. it's a forum.

I never enter anything into my diary. Why would I? I don't count calories or keep track of the amount of food I eat to care enough about a diary. I eat when I'm hungry and stop when I'm full. (I also eat when I'm full, esp when it's delicious). I do watch the types of food that go into my mouth very carefully and I don't need a diary for that. Just a set of eyes. I'm not on this website for help. I'm on this website to help.
    Right!

Fire-balloon.gif?
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Here's a crazy idea: Negate 90 calories of candy by eating 90 less calories of something else.

^Exactly^... I would rather have one or two pieces than the full size version. It is all about moderation. I keep a candy stash in my desk because a usually need an afternoon pick me up.... just because I am trying to lose weight doesn't mean I have to eat rabbit food 24/7.
    8931969.png

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    So did anyone think twice?

I totally thought twice about candy, and instead had 6 pints and 2 shots.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »

No, not twice... I thought about candy a million times, and enjoyed what I finally ate. :mrgreen:
  • ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Denial is my big binge trigger, so nothing is off the table. For me, the really relevant data are the first two columns. (Apart from my two favorite candies not being on the chart.) If I want a piece of candy, and since having one won't trigger a need/desire to eat all of the candy, I'll have the piece of candy and factor it in.

Long term, one piece of candy won't make a difference. I might choose a Justin's dark chocolate organic peanut butter peanut butter cup; I prefer dark chocolate.

For me, it's all about knowing what I'm eating.

Will I ride my bike an extra 15-20 minutes this weekend when Starbucks' eggnog lattes come out? You bet. Will I order a short instead of a tall? Probably.

Knowledge is power, including the power to mindfully choose to indulge.

Me too. If I thought I could never eat some amount of anything again, I would start to think about it all the time and I would eventually eat way too much of it! I've been factoring in a small amount of chocolate since I started logging in consistently on MFP last month, but for Halloween I knew I would want more so I planned for a whole serving of my favorite chocolate and I was very happy with that decision.
  • katieobrienps300
    Options
    Ill spin 10 minutes for a reese's! Actually, add a snickers, hersheys bar, 2 kit kats, and 2 twixs. That sounds like an awesome way to burn it off!!
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options

I ate a couple pieces but I just don't seem to have the same desire to eat it as I used to, which is good.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »

Nope. I destroyed an insane amount of candy.

Nerds
    Sweet tarts
    Laffy Taffy
    Skittles
    Lifesaver Gummi
    M&M's
    Starburst

Thanks Halloween, now I have Diabeetus.

So getting sick would be Revenge of the Nerds, right? >:)
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    We bought a giant grocery bag full of various candy, and then got maybe 20-25 kids.... My husband is refusing to let me take the giant bag in to school on monday and give it to my students. I think he's trying to sabotage my weight loss efforts... Should I divorce him?!

Right now I'm just trying to convince myself that I don't need to bake and eat the entire box of red lobster cheddar bay biscuits for lunch....
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    We bought a giant grocery bag full of various candy, and then got maybe 20-25 kids.... My husband is refusing to let me take the giant bag in to school on monday and give it to my students. I think he's trying to sabotage my weight loss efforts... Should I divorce him?!

Right now I'm just trying to convince myself that I don't need to bake and eat the entire box of red lobster cheddar bay biscuits for lunch....

We have a ton left over too. It's the good stuff even. I think I'm going to send it to the boat with Mr. Acrylics. Navy guys never complain about sabotage.