This will make you think twice before eating that Halloween Candy!

Options

Replies

• uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    My breakfast this morning was:
    1x whatchamacallit bar
    1x fun size reeses peanut butter cup.

Science has proven that fun size candy bars are the least fun.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Navtendon wrote: »
    MrM27 wrote: »
    malibu927 wrote: »
    jbach2 wrote: »
    dakotababy wrote: »
    It is like it is healthy to still be able to eat "junk" and move on...get myself to the gym the next day, eat healthier, etc. This is real life.

In real life, junk food is still junk.

That was very well put.

Why is it that the people that complain the most about junk food or sugar never have open diaries?

Time for more chocolate
    5267698593a9d.preview-620.jpg

Because you asked:

I wasn't complaining about junk food nor do I have ill feelings towards it. Why would I? I don't eat it or crave it. Was I commenting about it? yes. it's a forum.

I never enter anything into my diary. Why would I? I don't count calories or keep track of the amount of food I eat to care enough about a diary. I eat when I'm hungry and stop when I'm full. (I also eat when I'm full, esp when it's delicious). I do watch the types of food that go into my mouth very carefully and I don't need a diary for that. Just a set of eyes. I'm not on this website for help. I'm on this website to help.

How are you going to help on a website for calorie counting when you don't count calories?

By steering people away from focusing on calorie counting and on factors that I think are more important.
    So you are here on a calorie counting site to steer people away from the calorie counting? So basically to leave mfp?

No not necessarily. MFP has good intentions. Just to increase health awareness/
    you cannot possible be serious.

it's a calorie counting site.

it's job is to provide a platform for people to count calories conveniently.

it is under no obligation to "increase" health awareness. or anything else.

it's a tool. Like a calculator or a scale. it's just to quantify things. that's it. That is the ONLY job of MFP.
  • uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    It is like it is healthy to still be able to eat "junk" and move on...get myself to the gym the next day, eat healthier, etc. This is real life.

That was very well put.

Why is it that the people that complain the most about junk food or sugar never have open diaries?

Time for more chocolate

Because you asked:

I wasn't complaining about junk food nor do I have ill feelings towards it. Why would I? I don't eat it or crave it. Was I commenting about it? yes. it's a forum.

I never enter anything into my diary. Why would I? I don't count calories or keep track of the amount of food I eat to care enough about a diary. I eat when I'm hungry and stop when I'm full. (I also eat when I'm full, esp when it's delicious). I do watch the types of food that go into my mouth very carefully and I don't need a diary for that. Just a set of eyes. I'm not on this website for help. I'm on this website to help.

How are you going to help on a website for calorie counting when you don't count calories?

By steering people away from focusing on calorie counting and on factors that I think are more important.
    So you are here on a calorie counting site to steer people away from the calorie counting? So basically to leave mfp?

it's a tool. Like a calculator or a scale. it's just to quantify things. that's it. That is the ONLY job of MFP.

"General Diet and Weight Loss Help
    General dieting and weight loss questions and discussion"

"Motivation and Support
    Dieting and getting in shape is definitely hard, but you're not alone! Get motivational help and support here from other MyFitnessPal.com members"

"Fitness and Exercise
    Share fitness tips and exercise suggestions with other MyFitnessPal.com members"

"Recipes
    Share your favorite recipes and healthy cooking tips"

You are so off base it isn't even funny. The tracking application is meant for counting calories. The forum isn't really. Nobody is asking for mathematical help on how to count numbers here. We are discussing the process of weight loss. We are discussing exercises and techniques. We are sharing recipes. We are motivating each other with success stories and other tips. You are just completely wrong saying that MFP is ONLY meant for counting calories.
  • LeslieTSUK
    LeslieTSUK Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    if it was sugar free candy mmhmm nom nom nom it all, but I just can't have any form of sugar lol.. so not for me, but those who can, enjoy it lots :)
  • JoRocka
    Options

That was very well put.

Time for more chocolate

Because you asked:

"Motivation and Support
    Dieting and getting in shape is definitely hard, but you're not alone! Get motivational help and support here from other MyFitnessPal.com members"

"Fitness and Exercise
    Share fitness tips and exercise suggestions with other MyFitnessPal.com members"

"Recipes

You are so off base it isn't even funny. The tracking application is meant for counting calories. The forum isn't really. Nobody is asking for mathematical help on how to count numbers here. We are discussing the process of weight loss. We are discussing exercises and techniques. We are sharing recipes. We are motivating each other with success stories and other tips. You are just completely wrong saying that MFP is ONLY meant for counting calories.

Forum is a support platform TO the actual site.

I'm not saying support doesn't happen here- and that there isn't a community here- MFP's purpose exits to count calories- the forum is an addendum to that.

Otherwise- this would just be a random site where people talk about food a lot.
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Where's the Heath bar?!? I have a whole bag and if don't get any trick o' treaters they are ALL mine!! B)
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

That was very well put.

Time for more chocolate

Because you asked:

"Motivation and Support

"Fitness and Exercise

"Recipes

I'm not saying support doesn't happen here- and that there isn't a community here- MFP's purpose exits to count calories- the forum is an addendum to that.

You say that like it's a bad thing :laugh:
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options

That was very well put.

Time for more chocolate

Because you asked:

"Motivation and Support

"Fitness and Exercise

"Recipes

I guess to her it is...sad

strong newbie post.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »

That was very well put.

Time for more chocolate

Because you asked:

"Motivation and Support

"Fitness and Exercise

"Recipes

strong newbie post.

not a newbie...but thanks!

strong followup defensive newbie post.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes it is. Except the York... Gross.
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    As long as it fits your calories/macros eat what you want and tough cheese to people with a problem with it.
  • KristyMayhem331
    KristyMayhem331 Posts: 189 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    For the peanut butter cups its totally worth it.

This lol... its my weakness. And it is so worth it! I dont want to obsess and deny myself treats. So I try to plan the best I can to fit it within my daily allowance but if I go a little over today celebrating Halloween then so be it. It is just one day!
  • cprati
    cprati Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Paige682 wrote: »
    jgennace wrote: »
    If you're going to eat candy, how about elevating your tastes to dark chocolate or something of better quality instead of that kids stuff.

Snob.

Butterfingers and Twix are amazing.

MMMM, Butterfingers!
  • JoRocka
    Options

That was very well put.

Time for more chocolate

Because you asked:

"Motivation and Support

"Fitness and Exercise

"Recipes

LOL NOPE!!!

otherwise how would we have gotten to dark chocolate dipped butterfingers with a layerof peanutbutter dipped in another layer of chocolate!!!!?????!
    you have no idea- I would just back out of the thread slowly before you get to scared LOL
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Too late! Now I'm gonna have more! YAY for candy!
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I thought by "candy" you meant "slutty girls in sexy costumes".
    Leaving disappointed.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Actually OP, I would like to thank you for posting this helpful tool. I have logged my breakfast and lunch and prelogged my dinner (yeah taco stew) now I have a handy cheat sheet to decide which combinations of candies to choose while I am walking around trick or treating with my kids tonight.

I also need a cheat sheet for Pumpkin Beer (with the stew), Red Wine (during trick or treating), and Baileys & Coffee (when we get home).

Math is hard.