What's your mantra?

Options

Replies

• sseqwnp
    sseqwnp Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I don't need a mantra .. I don't need a mantra ... I don't need a mantra ....
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    This might be a little cheesy, but through practicing meditative yoga for a few years I developed a phrase that I repeat to guide my thoughts.

It goes "Grace and courage in all things"

If I were a tattoo person I would put this on my body.
  • BenjaminMFP88
    BenjaminMFP88 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    lefty421 wrote: »
    What are some positive, encouraging words you say to yourself to keep yourself motivated? What's your mantra, slogan, motto, catchphrase?
    I'm attending two events with buffets this weekend - yikes! - and I may need to borrow a few new mantras!

I sound like a highschool twerp but this song, not so much the video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7TPS_UTBKA

• SMKing75
    SMKing75 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Like my "good" friend Gavin DeGraw says, "In this world, he who stops, won't get anything he wants"

and I think about this everyday!

• Dreamfar628
    Dreamfar628 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been reading through all these mantras and I think they're all great!
    I just couldn't resist adding a quote I read earlier today that I found amusing and encouraging when I feel like I'm going to slip up and not stick to the plan:

"Everyone has a plan until they get punch in the face." - Mike Tyson
  • svelte32
    svelte32 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hey I really like all these ideas! This is really cheezy but just thought of the little engine that could only I was thinking "I know I can, I know I can...!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Life is 10% what happens to me, and 90% how I react to it.

Attitude is everything.

What I tell my boys every morning when I drop them off for school is, "Be good friends, be good leaders and not followers, and make good choices. Love you."

• PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    iys49g62mdhm.jpg

This is my favorite at the moment. I am well aware that there are those who think I am going through a phase. Just watch me prove them wrong!

60817891.png
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    I just thought to visit this thread again. I'm only a month late!
    So many great quotes - thanks to all you brilliant people, I have a treasure trove of quick attitude adjusters. I just have to commit them to memory now.

Does anyone else want to share a quote to help us keep our commitments going through the holiday parties and gifts of edible goodies?
  • AmigaMaria001
    AmigaMaria001 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Absolutely nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    giggitygoo wrote: »
    This might be a little cheesy, but through practicing meditative yoga for a few years I developed a phrase that I repeat to guide my thoughts.

It goes "Grace and courage in all things"

If I were a tattoo person I would put this on my body.

This one's now at the top of my list. Thank you!
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    When faced with food I might want, I let myself fantasize about it for a while, go and have a single bite, realize it doesn't taste as good as I was building it up to be in my head, and think to myself "I can do better than that."

If it IS as good as I thought it would be, I make room for it and don't deprive myself.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    dont give up no matter what happens.
    no foods are bad foods unless they taste nasty
  • sheepotato
    sheepotato Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Progress makes perfect
  • blissfuldrake
    blissfuldrake Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    ONE MORE STEP Sounds rather odd for MS person, but the meaning is 'don't give up, never give in' (LOL WHICH MOVIE DID THAT COME FROM?)...actually, it is a reminder to me that I only have to take ONE MORE STEP...no matter how tired I am...I can do ONE MORE STEP. No matter how tempted I am, I can do...ONE MORE STEP. Gets me through a lot.

Another mantra refers to procrastination. If I want to succumb to temptation, I just think "LATER"...by the time later comes, I'll have forgotten about it...use the short term memory loss to our advantage...LOL This really works for me.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    No mantra really, more like a rule - "do something physical every day".
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Absolutely nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!

I always change this to Absolutely nothing tastes as good as strong feels.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Right now, my mantra is the same as my advice to others; do what you can now.
  • LiveLoveLift67
    LiveLoveLift67 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Mine is actually taken from Under Armor......I WILL what i WANT.