The Ten Commandments

Options

Replies

• Brazilll
    Brazilll Posts: 503
    Options
    Thou shalt not drink the water in Mexico.
  • emaren
    emaren Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Thou shalt not drink the water in Mexico.

Thou shalt drink teh tequila in Mexico.....
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    Be a decent human being. The only one we need imo.

That about covers it.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Do unto others as they do unto me? :huh: :angry:

(now if I were to do this there would be an abomination of hate in the world) :devil:
    (ppl be crazy)

a·bom·i·na·tion
    Noun
    1.A thing that causes disgust or hatred.
    2.A feeling of hatred.
    Synonyms
    abhorrence - loathing - disgust - repugnance
  • InnerConflict
    InnerConflict Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Thou shalt allow nudity on MFP.

END THREAD
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Mine would be to treat others with the same amount of respect with which they treat you.

what if they treat you like a child? no one would be productive or nice ever if they were always treated others as they were being treated

i think it is important to treat others as they wish to be treated

I will not give someone respect if they do not give me respect. However, having no or little respect for someone does not mean being a ****. I can be perfectly pleasant to people I have no respect for. I just choose not to associate with them. Sometimes in life you have to associate with those people, and If it's in the workplace and they are being hostile, there are channels for that. If it's outside of the work place, I can avoid them. .

If I go around treating everyone how I expect them to treat me, I will be sorely disappointed. I'm not gonna kiss someone's *kitten* who treats me like a piece of **** just because I expect to be treated nicely.
  • super_fast
    super_fast Posts: 63
    Options
    tho shalt not belive in mythical beings commanding me how to live.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    The-Two-Commandments.jpg
  • InnerConflict
    Options
    3oyb70.jpg
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I like that many of these say excetly the same as what they original 10 commandments say, but with more current surpurlatives.
  • AliciaStinger
    AliciaStinger Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Thou shalt not be a bigoted asshat.

I could get into rules like this. All hail Sarahtonin!

My #1 would be something along the same lines, except people don't follow the existing 10 (or even the six that don't have to do with God, for those of us who are agnostic or atheist). Then again, if you follow the rule "thou shalt not be a bigoted asshat," then you don't need ruled about honoring your parents and not killing people, because that obviously falls under the first rule.
  • AliciaStinger
    AliciaStinger Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Thou shalt not ride any other bike than a Harley....

Thous shall not judge people by WHAT they ride.

The fact that they are a fellow rider should be more than sufficient :)

As a Honda person, I second that. Plus, if your young child has just gone to sleep in the back seat and some Harley person comes up..........it's not going to be quiet even after the motorcycle pulls away. Unless you're at a motorcycle show or alone in the middle of nowhere, that's just plain annoying.
  • Cp731
    Options
    3oyb70.jpg

hhahaha! Love that Show and I love Chuey..
  • InnerConflict
    Options
    3oyb70.jpg

You mean Chumlee. Chuy is the little person on Chelsea Lately.
  • hearthemelody
    hearthemelody Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    425199_671089646253825_1739919793_n.jpg
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Mine would be to treat others with the same amount of respect with which they treat you.

what if they treat you like a child? no one would be productive or nice ever if they were always treated others as they were being treated

i think it is important to treat others as they wish to be treated

I will not give someone respect if they do not give me respect. However, having no or little respect for someone does not mean being a ****. I can be perfectly pleasant to people I have no respect for. I just choose not to associate with them. Sometimes in life you have to associate with those people, and If it's in the workplace and they are being hostile, there are channels for that. If it's outside of the work place, I can avoid them. .

If I go around treating everyone how I expect them to treat me, I will be sorely disappointed. I'm not gonna kiss someone's *kitten* who treats me like a piece of **** just because I expect to be treated nicely.

i completely read your initial statement wrong- read it as the treatment, and missed the respect part. I must be tired :P.
  • Cp731
    Options

Ow! Yes Chumlee. Now I feel silly..
  • LMT2012
    LMT2012 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I find that following my state's penal code to the letter has afforded me a good life. Everything else is up for interpretation.
  • BenchPressingCats
    BenchPressingCats Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    The-Two-Commandments.jpg

LOVE!
  • InnerConflict
    Options

Ow! Yes Chumlee. Now I feel silly..

Don't. :flowerforyou: I actually hate the father & son, but gramps and chumlee are cool