30 Day Shred

Options

Replies

• NoMoreTwizzlers
    NoMoreTwizzlers Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Jillian is the real deal. You will torch calories if you do half of what she does. I've tried to do the 30 Day Shred, but flamed out. I just don't like conforming on that level. I still do either level whenever I want to do a prescribed workout for a sure fire torching of mega calories, but I mostly make my own HIIT Workouts. I always just log it in myfitnesspal as a cardio workout under a created title like HIIT Workout #5. You could create one like "30 Day Shred: Level 1" That will work. Just input your minutes and calories. Blessings to you whatever your choice.
  • AniLandSmiles
    AniLandSmiles Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I did day 8 on level 1 today. Excited to start level 2 next week.
  • birdie_mmw
    birdie_mmw Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Do you get just the videos on youtube? I would love to try to do some of these workouts with you all!
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    JeriAnne84 wrote: »
    I did 30 Day Shred back a few months ago and lost about 6 inches around my waist. It's a great workout. I remember around day 5 I would start really being able to do everything in the workout and not rest. Then right after I finished 30DS, I started Ripped in 30. Level one was a breeze after level 3 of 30DS. But then I got to level two. You think level 2 in 30DS has planks? 2 minutes of cardio in plank STRAIGHT. Your @$$ doesn't get out of plank. Yeah and level 3 and 4 suck worse than 2. But I got results!!! Its well worth it if you keep going with it.
    Thanks, it's useful! I am almost done with the shred and plan to start ripped next week... :)
  • NoxDineen
    NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    ziplipz wrote: »
    Hi! We (my wife and I) started it this month as well. We are doing 5 days on 1 day rest, rinse and repeat. Today is the first rest day. I'm looking forward to hitting it again tomorrow morning :smile:
    So great to see a guy doing it. My boyfriend does JM with me, and every time she says something like "Keep going ladies!" he jokes he can take a break.

• FaridPERU
    FaridPERU Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    My advice is to do lose weight or build muscle in a minimum of 6 months... guys you only need patience :)
    Think like this when: i building doesnt finish in 1 month in takes like 1 year?
    Do you got me?
    Best regards from Peru
  • AniLandSmiles
    Options
    I'm doing day 10 tomorrow morning! Excited and nervous for level 2.
  • hotasfire36
    hotasfire36 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Day 4 Level 1. I had a much easier time with the workout today. Yay
  • AniLandSmiles
    Options
    Day 4 Level 1. I had a much easier time with the workout today. Yay

Yay!!! Keep it up!

I did day 10 of level 1 today. It was easier for me than it was when I first started, but there were still a couple of things I'll have to work on. For example, I still can't do all of the regular push ups. I can do about 6, but then I have to modify the rest. I'm taking tomorrow off as a rest day, then nervously starting level 2 on Wednesday!
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Day 8 Level 1 complete!
  • AniLandSmiles
    Options
    I've watched level 2 a couple of times to get an idea for what I'll be doing this week. And I don't mean to be snarky, but what is up with Jillian's outfit? Her sports bra kind of defeats the purpose - it doesn't seem to keep anything "in place" and her girl parts bounce everywhere! And her shorts are like regular ol' walking shorts. Did she not have time to put on workout shorts? LOL... just saying.:)
  • ziplipz
    Options
    NoxDineen wrote: »
    ziplipz wrote: »
    Hi! We (my wife and I) started it this month as well. We are doing 5 days on 1 day rest, rinse and repeat. Today is the first rest day. I'm looking forward to hitting it again tomorrow morning :smile:
    So great to see a guy doing it. My boyfriend does JM with me, and every time she says something like "Keep going ladies!" he jokes he can take a break.

lol thanks. My wife tells me the only reason I'm doing it is cause I have ladies in front of me to "demonstrate" lol. Truth is I'm dragging my wife (who is fitter than me) through this whole 30 days. :) Just did day 4 of level 2. I'm using 10# weights and finding the V raise with a squat are killing me. I see it improving every day though.. wooo!
  • hotasfire36
    Options
    Completed Day 5 Level 1!!!!! :D
  • Pickles175
    Pickles175 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I've got 4 more days and then I am all done! I almost feel like it will be anticlimatic when I am all done, but soon I will be doing Ripped.
  • ziplipz
    Options
    Halfway there! Finished up day 15 today. Tomorrow is rest day then on to another 5 days.. (might do 7 days and take Thanksgiving as my rest day..) Good times.
  • Chandler330
    Chandler330 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I received my copy of Beginner Shred today in the mail. I'm looking forward to starting it after yoga tonight :)
  • hotasfire36
    Options
    Day 6 Level 1
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    I am done - just did the last workout! It took me 36 days - from October 11th till November 18th. I had two breaks due to illness, each three days long. I lost 5 lbs (from 151.8 lbs to 146.6) and who knows how many inches. I did not measure my waist, hops, etc, but I know that my pants got very loose. Now, to be fair, I also did c25k during this five weeks and was trying to eat well.

It was my first time doing a program at home and, honestly, each level was interesting for the first 5-7 days and than became quite boring.... I already have Ripped in 30 and will try it soon. Maybe I'll start this weekend!
  • greenfirearm
    greenfirearm Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Just completed Day 1! I was 13st 13.8lbs as of this morning. I might measure myself later (I know I'm about 40 1/2 inches and 31/2 inches underneath - dunno about waist or hips at the moment!).

I came so close to giving up about 5 or 6 times, but the last ten minutes my brain finally worked out each exercise was only 30 seconds. And 30 seconds ain't nothing but a thing, if you give yourself some cheeky, maybe a bit longer than five seconds off...

Hopefully I'll be more accurate but I've not felt up to exercising lately and you guys all encouraged me to do some. This life is mine and it's up to me to do something with it...:P

Thanks guys!
  • F1tnessCh1ck
    F1tnessCh1ck Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I did it... yes I got bored out of my tree doing it, but I do love Jillian Michaels, so I stuck to it. The way I got through it was literally setting my alarm 40 mins early, rolling out of bed in the morning, putting on the dvd and going at it. I managed to finish it in September, went on to 21 day fix (which I'm in LOVE with) and I'm now doing Insanity (love this even more!). For me, I find that if I do my workouts in the morning, i don't have to think about them for the rest of the day. If I wait, I still do it, but I make up excuses in my head as to why I don't 'need' to do it.

Roll out of bed and you're not quite thinking straight anyway, right?