30 Day Shred

Options

Replies

• fobs13
    fobs13 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    Have started this last week doing this workout. Started off every second day but now do every day followed by leslie sansone 4 fast miles with boosted walking. Liking the combination of the 2 workouts. Getting easier each day i do it but had serious pains after the first workout and could not do it the following day. Have done it 3 days in a row now.
  • Princess4Run
    Princess4Run Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it sporadically last month but really want to commit and do it regularly. Starting tomorrow, Monday is a good day to start
  • adw7890
    adw7890 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've tried it several times but haven't ever gotten through it. I think I'll start tomorrow.
  • arkowalyshyn
    arkowalyshyn Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Level 2 just kicked my smug level 1s butt. Can even do most of the workout , but I'all stick with it. Someone check on me in a few days to see if I made it put the other side!
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I started Day 1, Level 1 last Monday after 7 weeks of no exercise (pneumonia). Boy was I sore! This morning I did Day 5 and already I have a lot more stamina. So I'm not doing it every day, and I'm alternating with walking/running, and so far so good! I'm almost ready to move up to Level 2 -- I just want to get through Level 1 with no pauses.
  • marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I am starting 30 Day Shred today. I need something different from the mostly running I have been doing for the last few months to prep for this past weekend's half marathon. My plan at this point is to do 2 days Shred, 1 day running/biking, then repeat. It will take me 6 1/2 weeks to complete it, which is fine because I really don't want to get bored doing the same thing for 10 days in a row. :smile:
  • jessicabonney
    jessicabonney Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I will be starting the 30 day shred again today. I did it last year only for 2 weeks and lost 7 inches off my waist with a healthy diet. As the dvd is only about 20 mins, i comineded this with strength training at the gym. I really wish i stuck with it last year because I would probably be at my goal right now. But not to worry i will get there again soon :smile:

When you first start off, you will be sore, especially if you ae a beginner as your muscle will tear slightly. Make sure to eat plently of protein as this repairs and builds muscle. You can also drink a protein shake right after your workout.

Good luck and let me know how you find it. I'll be sure to track my progress on here too :smile:
  • ziplipz
    Options
    Just finished day 8's workout this morning. I'm hoping level 2 is a little more challenging. I'm finding myself going to the gym and running or doing another toning class etc a few times a week because I feel like I'm not working enough in 30DS. I'm definitely going to finish it out though :smile:
  • kaseyrobinson5
    kaseyrobinson5 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I just finished Day 10 of level one and am going to take a rest day and start back with level 2 on wednesday. feel free to add me. : ) Good luck. this is my third time finishing level one and hopefully my second time finishing the whole 30 days.
  • Pickles175
    Pickles175 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Today will be day 1 of Level 3 for me. Was so thrilled to make it through Plank Hell aka Level 2. I've already lost 3 inches off my waist and 2 inches off my hips! I do it during the week and take the weekends off so two more weeks for me and I will be done! Will move on to Ripped in 30 after that. Killer workouts but they really do get results!!
  • jennisnow54
    jennisnow54 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm starting this again tonight. I will do it. I have to get back on track. I loved the way I felt when I did it in the past... just got lazy. So today's the day!
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    ziplipz wrote: »
    Just finished day 8's workout this morning. I'm hoping level 2 is a little more challenging. I'm finding myself going to the gym and running or doing another toning class etc a few times a week because I feel like I'm not working enough in 30DS. I'm definitely going to finish it out though :smile:

It sounds like you're ready to move up to Level 2!
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Day 5 Level 3 is done!
  • LeelooX2014
    LeelooX2014 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I'm on level 2 day three. Doing it every other day. I curse at JM during level two for all the planks. I was so sore at first with level one. I haven't seen a huge difference yet, but I did measure my arms, legs etc. so it will be interesting to see what the results are. I swear to finish all three levels!
  • valissa
    Options
    I just started level 1 yesterday. Day 2- sore already.
  • lookingforlittleme
    Options
    After stumbling across this conversation earlier in the week I decided I'd give it a go. I'm only on day 2 of level one. I definitely feel my body screaming at me - such a wake up call as to my poor fitness. (Though I do have a lot of injuries which drag me down)

As I was describing to a friend earlier, I've never worked this hard for anyone!

I love that finding this conversation has motivated me to really commit to this. I'm going to be depending on this group to keep my motivation high for those days when sore muscles and old injuries dare to stand in my way!

I WILL FINISH THIS!! :)

OP and all other contributors - Thanks for creating such a great community of support. It really helps beginners like myself. Keep up the great work.
  • brimingus
    brimingus Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    YOU GUYS CAN DO IT!

I love 30 Day Shred! It was a great starting point and it whipped my butt into shape! I'm on Ripped in 30 now but I think I might go back to 30 Day Shred when I'm done with Ri30.
  • hotasfire36
    hotasfire36 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I just started today and will be shredding 4 days a week
  • Aine8046
    Options
    brimingus wrote: »
    YOU GUYS CAN DO IT!

I love 30 Day Shred! It was a great starting point and it whipped my butt into shape! I'm on Ripped in 30 now but I think I might go back to 30 Day Shred when I'm done with Ri30.

Is Ri30 harder? I was planning to do it after the Shred...
  • Aine8046
    edited November 2014
    Options
    valissa wrote: »
    I just started level 1 yesterday. Day 2- sore already.

I am usually most sore not on the day next to the workout, but one more day after... Day 3 of Shred was terrible! :)