30 Day Shred

Options
a_dub
a_dub Posts: 29 Member
edited November 2014 in Fitness and Exercise
Has anyone out there started 30 Day Shred this month (November)? This is my sixth (no joke) time trying it - I've only gotten past the first level once. Would really love to connect with some other members that are trying it this month.

I just finished Level 1, Day 4.

Replies

• missingone
    missingone Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I was wanting to start Body Revolution, but after months of not exercising, it would probably be in my best interest to start slow. I'll start 30-Day Shred on Monday and report back. I really stink at sticking to this stuff, so let's keep each other going! :) It might be my sixth time trying 30-Day Shred and not fishing too. :)
  • missingone
    missingone Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    How is it going for you so far?
  • SaltNBurnBoys
    SaltNBurnBoys Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I've been very seriously considering doing this once I move out at the end of December. Right now, there just isn't any space for me to do it, but that should change once I have my own place.
  • a_dub
    Options
    missingone wrote: »
    I was wanting to start Body Revolution, but after months of not exercising, it would probably be in my best interest to start slow. I'll start 30-Day Shred on Monday and report back. I really stink at sticking to this stuff, so let's keep each other going! :) It might be my sixth time trying 30-Day Shred and not fishing too. :)

Absolutely! I love it, it's hard, but I've seen changes three days in before. I think the levels are on YouTube to make it easier for you to start on Monday.
  • ziplipz
    Options
    Hi! We (my wife and I) started it this month as well. We are doing 5 days on 1 day rest, rinse and repeat. Today is the first rest day. I'm looking forward to hitting it again tomorrow morning :smile:
  • a_dub
    Options
    ziplipz wrote: »
    Hi! We (my wife and I) started it this month as well. We are doing 5 days on 1 day rest, rinse and repeat. Today is the first rest day. I'm looking forward to hitting it again tomorrow morning :smile:

Awesome! Would love to keep up with you both!
  • a_dub
    Options
    I've been very seriously considering doing this once I move out at the end of December. Right now, there just isn't any space for me to do it, but that should change once I have my own place.

It doesn't hog up too much space in a room. I typically do it in my room to avoid bothering anyone. When you're ready to start, we're here for ya!
  • xoamandarios
    xoamandarios Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna push myself to start tomorrow. I've had the dvd forever now and i kept having excuses to push off getting in shape. Tried getting my sis to do it with me but she isn't interested. I'm done with the excuses and lack of support and motivation. I'm all in now. Do you recommended the one day off? This is my first time doing it and i must admit I'm really outta shape.
  • RachP71
    RachP71 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I think I might get my copy of this back from a friend and give it a go too!! Attempted it once before with no joy but who knows this time around??? ;)
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I started it again this month. I'm not really sticking to 10 days at each level. Instead, I'm alternating levels each day (mainly between 1 & 2) depending on how sore I feel and to avoid boredom!
  • abir888
    abir888 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I have started the shred earlier last month ... finished 10 days in row, took one day rest to start level 2 , then my feet got hurt... so i'm in from today ,going back to level 1 again
  • floydypants
    floydypants Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I just got this and did day one yesterday. Are you supposed to do it every day as I'm not moving great today if I'm honest :o
  • ziplipz
    Options
    The 2nd and 3rd day I was a little sore but it gets better. My wife and I just finished day 6 this morning :smiley:
  • ziplipz
    Options
    a_dub wrote: »
    ziplipz wrote: »

Awesome! Would love to keep up with you both!

For sure!
  • katjoye82
    katjoye82 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I did day 1, level 1 today. I'm so proud I made it through the whole thing the first time (but barely!). My little 8 month old was crawling around me the whole time, so it was comical. :) But I did it. I don't know if I'll do 10 days straight of each because I get bored easily, but I plan on doing it again.
  • drmartz55
    drmartz55 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hi - It's a tough workout but definitely effective. I have done it straight through for 30 days with only 1 day off. It gets easier- I'm at the point now doing level 3 only as a workout several times a wk in addition to cardio/crossfit training. If I can do it, anyone can ( I just turned 59 yrs old) I've dropped from a size 10 in pants to a 0-2. I have found it works better to incorporate it with other exercise & keep doing it as a routine workout- anyway that's my opinion. Good luck!
  • FitCurves1818
    FitCurves1818 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I added this into the rotation for the month of November. I just finished day 3 of Level 1 this morning. Feel free to add.
  • sheamus12
    sheamus12 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have stopped and started this program for the last 6 months. I am determined to finish it through. I just finished day 2. I have lost a total of 60lbs recently and have found that I have more energy to do the program. Usually after 2 jumping jacks I was through but now I am able to last the whole time. So, fingers crossed I can pull through this time!
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I started it in the middle of October. Now I am on Level 3 and have 5 days left :) I took three days off at some point - was sick, but other than that did it every day. I did not loose much weight (maybe 3-4 lbs total) in these four weeks, but I definitely lost inches - all my pants are very loose now to the point I need to get new ones.