30 Day Shred

Options

Replies

• lemantelli
    lemantelli Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have started and stopped twice! I would love to start again. I need to go buy hand weights, and I am off Tuesday so I guess I will start on Tuesday! Looking forward to doing this with all of you
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Here is a group I joined which helped me to stay on track:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/100051-30-day-shred-support-october
  • Trishism
    Trishism Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I just did day 1 of Level 1 today and I think I'm going to do the same one tomorrow before I move on to day 2. Lol!

What do you guys do when it comes to inputting it into your exercise log?
  • a_dub
    a_dub Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna push myself to start tomorrow. I've had the dvd forever now and i kept having excuses to push off getting in shape. Tried getting my sis to do it with me but she isn't interested. I'm done with the excuses and lack of support and motivation. I'm all in now. Do you recommended the one day off? This is my first time doing it and i must admit I'm really outta shape.

Well I'm here for you! What Jillian recommends is taking every 6th day off. I've found that my body tells me when to take a break. I have weak knees, so I have to make sure they don't buckle. If they feel weak, like today, I take a break. It's tough, but so worth it!
  • a_dub
    Options
    lemantelli wrote: »
    I have started and stopped twice! I would love to start again. I need to go buy hand weights, and I am off Tuesday so I guess I will start on Tuesday! Looking forward to doing this with all of you

My friend uses water bottles as weights, and she says it works just fine!
  • a_dub
    Options
    Trishism wrote: »
    I just did day 1 of Level 1 today and I think I'm going to do the same one tomorrow before I move on to day 2. Lol!

Awesome! I'll add you so we can support each other, and you can see how I add it - per Livestrong, Level 1 burns 166 calories.
  • a_dub
    Options
    Aine8046 wrote: »
    Here is a group I joined which helped me to stay on track:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/100051-30-day-shred-support-october

Awesome, thanks!
  • Trishism
    Options
    Ahh perfect. Thanks!
  • Aine8046
    Options

I created an exercise myself. How much you burn depends on your weight:
    "30 day shred calorie burn - 3.267 calories burnt per pound every hour. Multiply by weight to get how many calories per hour you would burn and divide by 3 to get each 20 minute work out"
    So for me ( about 150 lbs) it's about 167 cal in 20 min.
  • BrandyStinnett
    BrandyStinnett Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just finished my fourth day workout on level one. I've been so encouraged by all the success stories I've come across from people who have used the 30 Day Shred. One of which is a girl I work with. She has lost so much weight. She said she did it by using this combined with lots of walking, lots of water, and no soda.
  • T_Ciku
    T_Ciku Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    DO NOT DO IT EVERY DAY!!
    Sorry for screaming but seriously people don't know this. It was never meant to be done every day. Jillian Michaels said it was meant to be done 3-4 days a week. It's the marketing that made it sound like it's meant for every day because, duh, get shredded in 30 days is a great marketing line.

Anyway, I'm on level 2. I started about a month ago. I do it 2-3 times a week and do Zumba the rest of the time. This thing is a beast! Level 1 was hard at first but in the end I was having a blast and feeling smug. "Is this really all you've got Jillian?" I hate her now. I can't even look at her. Level 2 is so hard.
  • Aine8046
    Options
    T_Ciku wrote: »
    DO NOT DO IT EVERY DAY!!
    Sorry for screaming but seriously people don't know this. It was never meant to be done every day. Jillian Michaels said it was meant to be done 3-4 days a week. It's the marketing that made it sound like it's meant for every day because, duh, get shredded in 30 days is a great marketing line.

Anyway, I'm on level 2. I started about a month ago. I do it 2-3 times a week and do Zumba the rest of the time. This thing is a beast! Level 1 was hard at first but in the end I was having a blast and feeling smug. "Is this really all you've got Jillian?" I hate her now. I can't even look at her. Level 2 is so hard.

I read about different options. Some people do it every day, some people do it every other day, some people do it 2-3 times a week. Do whatever works for you. For me 20 min is not that much time and the workouts are not extremely hard, so I chose doing it daily.
  • Trishism
    Options

"30 day shred calorie burn - 3.267 calories burnt per pound every hour. Multiply by weight to get how many calories per hour you would burn and divide by 3 to get each 20 minute work out"

Oh wow that's cool! So according to the calculation, I burn 194 calories doing 20 mins of this. Not bad. :)
  • littlej01
    littlej01 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I started once but I got discouraged so I quit. But I've been working out and weight training for a little bit now and actually enjoying it. Monday will be my start day!
  • Aine8046
    Options

Oh wow that's cool! So according to the calculation, I burn 194 calories doing 20 mins of this. Not bad. :)
    Well, strictly speaking it also depends on how hard you work. Heart monitor would be the most accurate way to figure it out. The formula above is kind of average.
  • Trishism
    Options
    I'm putting a HRM on my Christmas list lol
  • martisure
    martisure Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I will start tomorrow again. I did it last year for a month, about 3-4 days a week. I barely got to the 2nd level, but it does work. Another effective video is the kickboxing workout by JM (on Youtube).
  • Poofersgrl
    Poofersgrl Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I am doing the beginner shred and it's been great for a beginner.
  • loriholton77
    Options
    I just bought it and plan on starting tomorrow, Monday Nov 10th. I currently do walk away the pounds 3 mile power walk every morning with 2 pound weights. Want to add 30 day shred every evening.
  • ourtruelovewillneverdie
    Options
    I'm starting it again on Monday before I start back on insanity. I've finished the program before and saw results, but the results weren't near as good as insanity results.