Juicing and cleansing

Options

Replies

• andreavan28
    andreavan28 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Sarauk2sf wrote: »
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    I have some probably stupid questions. These oils.... do you ingest them? Also, how do you know your liver is fabulous? What specifically does it do that my likely less than fabulous liver does not?

This is exactly what I thought - Andreavan how do you know how well your liver is working?

I have actually had enzyme tests on my liver, and yes i do ingest them i use the lemon oil and peppermint oil mixed with fresh squeezed lemon and a little molasses. I have a shot of this in the morning 20 minutes before i eat breakfast or have anything else to drink. I alternate this sometimes with honey mixed in with some tea as this is great for the digestive system. I do not starve myself and I do not push it on anyone else but it makes me feel great.

How do they test the enzymes? Is it a blood test? Do you have it done at your doctors? How often do they do it?

My liver enzymes were tested when I was in a car accident in 2012, it is a blood test, from what I understand it is performed commonly, mine was performed due to fear that I may have damaged my liver in the accident.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I have some probably stupid questions. These oils.... do you ingest them? Also, how do you know your liver is fabulous? What specifically does it do that my likely less than fabulous liver does not?

This is exactly what I thought - Andreavan how do you know how well your liver is working?

I have actually had enzyme tests on my liver, and yes i do ingest them i use the lemon oil and peppermint oil mixed with fresh squeezed lemon and a little molasses. I have a shot of this in the morning 20 minutes before i eat breakfast or have anything else to drink. I alternate this sometimes with honey mixed in with some tea as this is great for the digestive system. I do not starve myself and I do not push it on anyone else but it makes me feel great.

How do they test the enzymes? Is it a blood test? Do you have it done at your doctors? How often do they do it?

My liver enzymes were tested when I was in a car accident in 2012, it is a blood test, from what I understand it is performed commonly, mine was performed due to fear that I may have damaged my liver in the accident.

Oh, I thought that you got them tested regularly (which would be uncommon unless you had a pre-existing medical condition). Makes sense that they tested them if you were in an accident - it is used to test whether your liver is injured/functioning properly. I have never heard of them state how well its working - just that it is working within normal parameters.

• andreavan28
    Options

Oh, I thought that you got them tested regularly (which would be uncommon unless you had a pre-existing medical condition). Makes sense that they tested them if you were in an accident - it is used to test whether your liver is injured/functioning properly. I have never heard of them state how well its working - just that it is working within normal parameters.

The doctor told me I had great levels, which he was surprised by for how badly I was hurt, I have been doing the liver cleanse as it is called for years so it is not effecting me in a negative way and if it makes me feel good and it not hurting me then why not. I understand tthere are some scams out there, but there are some legitimate practices also.
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options

But just because you had one test 2 years ago how can you tell that what you are doing is having any effect?
  • andreavan28
    Options
    JenniDaisy wrote: »
    The liver is the gateway to the body and in this chemical age its detoxification systems are easily overloaded. Thousands of chemicals are added to food and over 700 have been identified in drinking water. Plants are sprayed with toxic chemicals, animals are injected with potent hormones and antibiotics and a significant amount of our food is genetically engineered, processed, refined, frozen and cooked. All this can lead to destruction of delicate vitamins and minerals, which are needed for the detoxification pathways in the liver. The liver must try to cope with every toxic chemical in our environment, as well as damaged fats that are present in processed and fried foods.

Liver cleanse does not work on it's own but your liver does get overloaded with toxins from everywhere, you can't sit and name every toxin that your body dispels, so yeah i think aiding your liver in it's job can only be helpful. I am very educated but thanks for assuming that I'm not.

Yes, things like metals and certain chemicals can build up in the body, but essential oils CANNOT fix that, without medical intervention you get sick and you die.

No, The liver is not 'the gateway to the body', that makes no sense.
    No, not all chemicals are bad, everything is chemicals. Putting lemon in water is adding chemicals to it.
    No, That's not what vitamins and minerals are for.
    No, 'Detoxification pathways' are not something that exist, in the liver or otherwise
    No, there is no such thing as 'damaged fats'. Do you mean heated fats? Trans fats?

Carbon Dioxide, Urea, Bilirubin, dead pathogens and bacteria. I can sit here and name every 'toxin' that the body dispels, if you think it would help.

Now if you don't mind, I will continue to assume you are not that educated.

Does telling me that I am uneducated make you feel better about yourself? Do you not feel like I am a person with feelings and that kind of comment might be hurting them? I graduated from college with a 3.98 gpa so I am very confident in my intelligence and how dare you make a remark like that. disrespectful
  • JenniDaisy
    JenniDaisy Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    The liver is the gateway to the body and in this chemical age its detoxification systems are easily overloaded. Thousands of chemicals are added to food and over 700 have been identified in drinking water. Plants are sprayed with toxic chemicals, animals are injected with potent hormones and antibiotics and a significant amount of our food is genetically engineered, processed, refined, frozen and cooked. All this can lead to destruction of delicate vitamins and minerals, which are needed for the detoxification pathways in the liver. The liver must try to cope with every toxic chemical in our environment, as well as damaged fats that are present in processed and fried foods.

Liver cleanse does not work on it's own but your liver does get overloaded with toxins from everywhere, you can't sit and name every toxin that your body dispels, so yeah i think aiding your liver in it's job can only be helpful. I am very educated but thanks for assuming that I'm not.

Yes, things like metals and certain chemicals can build up in the body, but essential oils CANNOT fix that, without medical intervention you get sick and you die.

No, not all chemicals are bad, everything is chemicals. Putting lemon in water is adding chemicals to it.
    No, 'Detoxification pathways' are not something that exist, in the liver or otherwise
    No, there is no such thing as 'damaged fats'. Do you mean heated fats? Trans fats?

Carbon Dioxide, Urea, Bilirubin, dead pathogens and bacteria. I can sit here and name every 'toxin' that the body dispels, if you think it would help.

Does telling me that I am uneducated make you feel better about yourself? Do you not feel like I am a person with feelings and that kind of comment might be hurting them? I graduated from college with a 3.98 gpa so I am very confident in my intelligence and how dare you make a remark like that. disrespectful

You were the one that brought up your education.

And I easily dare make a remark like that, I would say the exact same thing to anyone online or in person. I find you regurgitating psuedo-science you read on the internet disrespectful, and frankly it's offensive to actual scientists.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

The doctor told me I had great levels, which he was surprised by for how badly I was hurt, I have been doing the liver cleanse as it is called for years so it is not effecting me in a negative way and if it makes me feel good and it not hurting me then why not. I understand tthere are some scams out there, but there are some legitimate practices also.

I would like to see some non anecdotal evidence of these legitimate practices being shown to 'cleanse' the liver. Do you have any?

• andreavan28
    Options

And I easily dare make a remark like that, I would say the exact same thing to anyone online or in person. I find you regurgitating psuedo-science you read on the internet disrespectful, and frankly it's offensive to actual scientists.

I just don't get it why are people so ready to stab people with their words, where ever there is one study there will be one to contradict it. I would appreciate it if you just kept your comments and feelings about me to yourself, our opinions are obviously opposite and arguing who is right and wrong get people no where. and I do not enjoy being insulted, I have read a lot of different opinions and facts from doctors and everyone is entitled to their opinions on liver cleansing, It is not your job to tell me why I am uneducated. Your opinion is that they do not work I understand that, and except that but if I disagree with you that does not warrant you to tell me how much of and idiot I am.
  • JenniDaisy
    JenniDaisy Posts: 526 Member
    Options

I just don't get it why are people so ready to stab people with their words, where ever there is one study there will be one to contradict it. I would appreciate it if you just kept your comments and feelings about me to yourself, our opinions are obviously opposite and arguing who is right and wrong get people no where. and I do not enjoy being insulted, I have read a lot of different opinions and facts from doctors and everyone is entitled to their opinions on liver cleansing, It is not your job to tell me why I am uneducated. Your opinion is that they do not work I understand that, and except that but if I disagree with you that does not warrant you to tell me how much of and idiot I am.

How the human body works is not opinion.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Maybe you could show that you are actually educated in the matter and rebut some of her responses to your assertions with evidence based citations or links to articles from well respected medical institutions.
  • andreavan28
    Options

How the human body works is not opinion.

(sigh) my opinion and fact comment within was pertaining to essential oils, but you felt the need to get one more blow in
  • andreavan28
    Options

But just because you had one test 2 years ago how can you tell that what you are doing is having any effect?

I had been doing this long before my accident. I have had a very long recovery and to be honest the essential oils have helped me along my way with pain and with scaring with the spasms just to name a few things that i deal with on a daily basis. I am not saying that the liver cleanse of the oils is making me lose weight or making me more healthy but I know that it's not harming me I see doctors all the time more then I care to and they know about my cleanse and have nothing negative to say about how my body is functioning.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

I had been doing this long before my accident. I have had a very long recovery and to be honest the essential oils have helped me along my way with pain and with scaring with the spasms just to name a few things that i deal with on a daily basis. I am not saying that the liver cleanse of the oils is making me lose weight or making me more healthy but I know that it's not harming me I see doctors all the time more then I care to and they know about my cleanse and have nothing negative to say about how my body is functioning.

How do you 'administer' these oils, for want of a better word?

• andreavan28
    Options

How do you 'administer' these oils, for want of a better word?
    Most of them are skin contact, such as on the heel of the foot, or on my actual scars, the liver cleanse is the only one that i do ingest. I use one called physical touch

Physical Touch
    This collection of essential oil constituents was compiled in order to help with muscle and nervous system trauma, inflammation and repair.
    Providing the tools necessary for the muscles to restore a proper balance in the chemical compounds and regenerating muscle tissue, these constituents give the muscles the resources they need to relax and calm the hyper-sensitive nerves. The constituents in our Birch essential oil function on the exact same frequency as bone, enabling this blend to help support and lessen the pain of bone injuries by the same process of relaxing the nerves from over-stimulus--turning off the sympathetic nervous system, which also give the bones the opportunity to begin to relax and repair themselves.

This one was a big help.

Truth be told there are a lot of companies out there that sell crap. I will not promote the doctor, and yes he is a doctor from who i get mine but i stand behind my own experiences.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,082 Member
    Options
    Liver function tests LFT is a fairly standard blood test.

Many people, myself included, have perfectly good results without ever doing any liver detoxes or essential oils cleansing or any other sort of cleansing.

( mine were tested as a standard over 45 check up which included things like glucose level , thyroid, Cholestrol etc )
    LFT is a standard check up test, similar to checking Cholestrol levels.
  • andreavan28
    Options

Many people, myself included, have perfectly good results without ever doing any liver detoxes or essential oils cleansing or any other sort of cleansing.

( mine were tested as a standard over 45 check up which included things like glucose level , thyroid, Cholestrol etc )

I didn't say that the cleanse improved my liver function i just said that it has not harmed my liver.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,082 Member
    Options

I didn't say that the cleanse improved my liver function i just said that it has not harmed my liver.

oh well if that is all you are saying, I dont think many people would disagree. :s

Let me get this straight - what you are really saying is that lemon water and peppermint oil or whatever it was, are not harming your liver.
    -
    I doubt anyone would say such benign and everyday things like lemon water and peppermint oil would be harmful (unless taken in ridiculously high dosages)

But of course same could be said about just about every benign and everyday substance, unless taken in ridicuously high dosages.

say, strawberry jam, rose hip tea, grapefruit juice, cinnamon flakes, just to pick a few random items.

Saying something is not harmful is hardly the same as saying it has cleansing or detoxing effects - or indeed any beneficial effects.

In short, seems a silly and pointless claim.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Does juicing cleanse you better than praying?
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    DINO1264 wrote: »
    I wonder if they still make those pads you stick to the bottom of your feet to pull all of the toxins out of your body?...............................................

My mother used to put onions in my socks when I was sick for that reason. All I remember getting was really bad smelling feet out of the deal.

Oh my God my Mum used to strap half an onion to my ear when I had ear ache - I have never met any one else whos mum has used onions as medicine.

Guess they went to the same school. ;)
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Just got up. What did I miss? Did we ever determine what toxins the oils expunge, and how one measures the degree of fabulous in a liver? I must admit my liver feels a bit inferior...