pizza is the most divisive food in america

Options

Replies

• Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I just came in from turning on the oven to put the pizza in then sat down to check MFP and this thread popped up. Coincidence? Hmmmm.....
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    __drmerc__ wrote: »
    Also west coast pizza > east coast pizza

You've clearly never eaten pizza from NY.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Also west coast pizza > east coast pizza

You've clearly never eaten pizza from NY.

Have you eaten pizza from California?

Yes and it was nothing great.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    GREEK style pizza cooked in the pan. If the crust texture does not look like this on the outside, then get it out of my sight please: 20110214villagepizza.jpg
    Also if it comes from a place that doesn't have the phrase "House of Pizza" in it's name then I'm already skeptical.

• LilMissTucknRoll
    LilMissTucknRoll Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Pupslice wrote: »
    provided you're ordering and paying for said pizza, you won't hear a peep out of me. you can even have all my pineapple!
    I totally agree with this!!
  • DrWhoIsYerDad
    DrWhoIsYerDad Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I like pineapple, feta cheese and pepperoni on a pizza mmmmmmmmmmmm.
  • LilMissTucknRoll
    LilMissTucknRoll Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    bdtucker1 wrote: »
    Pupslice wrote: »
    provided you're ordering and paying for said pizza, you won't hear a peep out of me. you can even have all my pineapple!
    I totally agree with this!!

Wait! I want my Pineapple, though. You can't have it!
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    7bc65fd73d17035e0b76b2efefa1bb35.jpg
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    What's funny is that not only are pizza macros great, it's also pretty filling. I don't understand the hate.

Two slices does the trick for me these days.

Although, when I was an over eater, I admit that I could eat double or even triple that. :o

In my house, we usually get the 'half' pizzas. Half one topping, half another. As most of us are not likely to finish (or even try to finish) a full pizza anymore like we used to be able to. :blush:
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Fight might not be the right word in most cases, but I have experienced big disagreement in the past. :stuck_out_tongue:
  • SnuggleSmacks
    Options
    I once ate an entire large by myself. Only once. Usually, I can eat half a large in a meal. These days I do try to keep it to only 2 pieces.
  • Ludka13
    Ludka13 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I make my own. I control the calories. You can buy frozen dough in the supermarket. (I get the kind made by an Italian bakery.) It's really cheap. Take it out of the freezer in the morning, stick it in a big tupperware type container, rub a very small amount of olive oil all over it. Stick it someplace warm to defrost and rise. My oven has a pilot light so it goes in there all day. When it's time to make dinner take it out, flatten it into a pizza pan or cookie sheet, smear your favorite tomato sauce or even tomato paste on it (you can buy pizza sauce in the supermarket), sprinkle on your favorite herbs, cover it with low fat or nonfat cheese, and add your other favorite toppings. Last night I covered it with chopped purple onion and red bell pepper. Bake it in a hot oven for 20 minutes. Vegetarian pepperoni is pretty good and has way less calories. Pesto is wonderful on pizza, I just have to figure out how to make it without all the calories.

BTW you can also use this frozen dough to make fresh Italian bread or breadsticks. Yummy.

One of these days I'll start making my own frozen pizza dough, then it will be whole wheat for the extra nutrition. Easy to make in a food processor or if you have a stand mixer. Make a big batch and store it in the freezer. You can also shred cheese in the food processor instead of buying the already shredded stuff. When mozzarella goes on sale I stock up and freeze it.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    Options
    I make my own now, with made-from-scratch dough in a combination of whole grain and semolina flour. I also make them much smaller so half of it is a true serving...or I make naan and just eat the whole thing.

Being able to use more exotic ingredients has greatly increased the nutritional value and pleasure of my pizzas.
  • mzfrizz15
    mzfrizz15 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'm not a picky eater when it comes to pizza. Anchovies, however, are a major deal breaker!
  • SnuggleSmacks
    Options
    Ewww! No anchovies!

I do, however, love shrimp on my pizza.
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Pizza is best straight from the fridge cold the next morning with cheezy cheddar or jalapeño ranch dip from Panagos. Don't even care about where the pizza is from or what's on it, provided it's not completely overloaded with cheap pepperoni. Cold. With the right dip. Breakfast of Champions.
  • trinity9058
    trinity9058 Posts: 149 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    Oh and at the risk of sounding like a dumb midwesterner - what's the difference b/w West Coast and East Coast pizza?

I'm not even going to embarrass myself by suggesting any of you try St Louis Style. It's pretty unique and not usually enjoyed by people who weren't born and raised within a 250 mile radius...

Imo's all the wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!! I love the square! And their sammiches aren't bad either!