225/135 Max-Rep Bench Press "Club"

Options

Replies

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    bingfit221 wrote: »
    I don't believe these women who are saying they have done 195.

http://www.wabdl.org/WORLDS/worlds_women.php

Yeah..... right.

My 1RP is my bodyweight 162.

Those records are in gear. They say single and double ply next to them. Once you learn how to use gear and train in it, you will potentially have a higher 1rm because of the assistance that the gear provides.

I witness this one girl in HIGH SCHOOL bench 150 at a lower body weight. I was like "how." She was stronger than me at that time. She was stronger than a lot of guys then.
  • PwrLftr82
    PwrLftr82 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I also inform the spotter that I will let them know when they can take the bar from me if I know I am spent.

Yeah, I learned that I should have done that the hard way :'(
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options

Yeah..... right.

I lifted with a woman who could do over 200 with about the same body weight. Yes, that was competition and certified under IPF, so yes it's possible.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options
    PwrLftr82 wrote: »
    I also inform the spotter that I will let them know when they can take the bar from me if I know I am spent.

Yeah, stealing your gains is no fun!
  • yopeeps025
    Options

Yeah, stealing your gains is no fun!

That actually pisses me off and one time I redid a PR attempt with a different spotter.
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    I spot like this
    hilarious_gym_moments_caught_on_camera_640_41.jpg
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options
    I spot like this

Well he spotted something alright. :p
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

It's very rare that I need a spot because I maybe go for a PR only 3 or 4 times a year and its as almost as rare that I am asked to spot.

So I quickly have to run through a checklist in my head of everything I just posted - always seem to forget something.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

Yeah..... right.

I can press 185- I have it on video.

You don't have to believe me. I know I can do it. Tough titties for you that you can't press more.
  • JeffseekingV
    Options
    ??? The first woman on that list @ 105 benched 220lbs.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    I spot like this

How you know you are a lifter he is benching 235 LBs.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

Yeah..... right.

:|

a) As has been mentioned, bench shirts;
    b) They don't "say" they've done it - those are from PL competitions. They've been witnessed and judged. So, whether you believe them or not, it's verified that they bench that much.
    c) Ok...? So you aren't as strong as them.
  • aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I weigh 130 and my 1RP is 135 lbs... Goal is 150 ... (will be a looooonnngggg time but I will get there).
  • JeffseekingV
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »

Yeah..... right.

b) They don't "say" they've done it - those are from PL competitions. They've been witnessed and judged. So, whether you believe them or not, it's verified that they bench that much.

I find it a little disturbing that a certified personal trainer is doubting the results from an official powerlifting competition. One thing that anyone that has lifting for any amount of time is this. There are some really strong people and they don't always look big. There's always someone faster, stronger, taller, better looking etc...
  • yopeeps025
    Options

Yeah..... right.

I find it a little disturbing that a certified personal trainer is doubting the results from an official powerlifting competition. One thing that anyone that has lifting for any amount of time is this. There are some really strong people and they don't always look big. There's always someone faster, stronger, taller, better looking etc...

I used to wonder that to. I used to lift with a guy who knock out 275x5 easy and had no pecs. I was like how do you lift so much. His BW had to be around 150-160 if that.
    Options
    Tip: An argument from one's incredulity isn't very convincing.
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

Yeah..... right.

I can press 185- I have it on video.

You don't have to believe me. I know I can do it. Tough titties for you that you can't press more.

But I want to know if that was you or the 16-year old boy inside you that did that. ;)

Impressive just the same.
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »

Yeah..... right.

I used to wonder that to. I used to lift with a guy who knock out 275x5 easy and had no pecs. I was like how do you lift so much. His BW had to be around 150-160 if that.

Dude! That was my experience yesterday with SG guy. He didn't look very big, was dressed in street clothes, and then repped all that out very easily in my max range.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

Yeah..... right.

*pets self*
    it's all about me- it's all about me- it's all about me- it's all about me.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »

Yeah..... right.

Dude! That was my experience yesterday with SG guy. He didn't look very big, was dressed in street clothes, and then repped all that out very easily in my max range.

The Diet man.