Dating age difference

Options
15678911»

Replies

• fishnbrah
    Options
    MapDancer wrote: »
    I was 39, divorced with 3 kids. He was 26.5. We've been happily married 21 years. We're both self-employed and can easily spend together. We have similar interests. I think he is more mature than me. His mom thinks I'm the best thing ever for him!

he must be a real looker
  • strozman
    strozman Posts: 2,623 Member
    Options
    I've seriously dated (would wife up) 12 years younger and 6 older. Playfully dated a slightly wider range. Fit women are my weakness.

Age Only matters in relation to the fact that I would really like (not a complete deal breaker) to have another kid.
  • monetpaints1
    Options
    As adults age is not relevant in a relationship. It is the quality of the bond two people have together, can they grow together in the future and do we respect each other that counts. I fell in love with my husband when I was 19. He was 13 years older and age never played a role in our relationship. We were very happily married for 25 years until he passed away in 2006 at the age if 57.
  • phil6707
    phil6707 Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    age is a number. you have 25yo people that act like 80yo and 50yo people that think like 25yo
    It depends on the two persons, the attraction, the state of mind and also, the physical condition
  • opalsqueak007
    opalsqueak007 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    My husband is 16 years younger than me. I am 51 but can't imagine being with a man that age. Maybe it would be fun, but I don't know.
  • SrMaggalicious
    SrMaggalicious Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    phil6707 wrote: »
    age is a number. you have 25yo people that act like 80yo and 50yo people that think like 25yo
    It depends on the two persons, the attraction, the state of mind and also, the physical condition

tons of this^^
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I'm 4 years younger than my boyfriend, but we're at the same point in our education with my 2 years ahead of where I should be, and him 2 years behind due to working. That makes a huge difference for us, if I'd been still in high school when he asked me out it would have been really awkward.
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    As adults age is not relevant in a relationship. It is the quality of the bond two people have together, can they grow together in the future and do we respect each other that counts. I fell in love with my husband when I was 19. He was 13 years older and age never played a role in our relationship. We were very happily married for 25 years until he passed away in 2006 at the age if 57.

I'm sorry to hear that <3 And you're absolutely right. My fiancé is 14 years older than me, and it's just not an issue, it practically never comes up because it's not relevant. We're right for each other, that's what is.
  • strozman
    strozman Posts: 2,623 Member
    Options
    moijo705 wrote: »
    strozman wrote: »
    I've seriously dated (would wife up) 12 years younger and 6 older. Playfully dated a slightly wider range. Fit women are my weakness.

Age Only matters in relation to the fact that I would really like (not a complete deal breaker) to have another kid.

Thats a good point, depends on what you both want outta life.. you also can't help who you fall for.

True, can't help who you fall for. I stay in shape to give myself more quality of life years, so that I can share them with someone I love