Shorties! Show me the money :)

Options

Replies

• LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost a ton. Starting picture is around 140, (maybe 145) Wonder Woman is at 123. I'm 5'1and have noticed almost every pound.
    wto81b217l4d.jpg
    50mnn0besyar.jpg

Great work!
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1. After the birth of my second child, I was around 181. I was 169 when I really started logging and exercising a regular amount. That was back in August 2013.

Down to 126.8 now. 6.8 lbs to my original goal. I am thinking I may want to go for 115 but I will see what happens at 120.
  • pinkiezoom
    pinkiezoom Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1.5" ~115lb. Highest weight 200+ pregnant... 190+ before kids

Before
    30xhlol.jpg
    35l9n4j.jpg
    33uzt6t.jpg
    Initial Loss…
    25f0cau.jpg
    4kzeh5.jpg
    2rzb5o2.jpg
    2vnpdvo.jpg
    Last 10 pounds…
    Still some loose skin, but it is way better. Nothing but time, strength training and lowering BF%
    oh6c10.jpg
    2cdk8hv.jpg
    r8t54x.jpg – bikini
    5nkvtv.jpg- me & Sierra

Belly 9/2014
    29akad.jpg
    123shlj.jpg

Just amazing, i bet you look in the mirror and are in awe of yourself, if you dont.... you should x
  • FightingFitMom
    FightingFitMom Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    5'1.. highest 154 with my baby.. ;-)
    down to 117 lbs.. aiming 100 lbs.
  • love2lift_85
    love2lift_85 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Bookmarking this thread - I'm 5'2" and yeah, definitely feels like every pound changes my shape, for sure. I'll get some pictures up when I have a chance to take some updated stuff.
  • milla1985
    milla1985 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3 and am currently at 137. My highest was 150 and I am trying, ultimately, to get down to 115 by my next birthday and I've got 7 months to get there!
  • Sophiepoo
    Sophiepoo Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    BFDeal wrote: »
    I have a feeling this is going to be a short thread.

Ha!
  • sun_fish
    sun_fish Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    xhb58y44qlxh.jpg
    I'm 5'1, and almost 53 years old. Weight went from 178 to 110.
  • grrupp
    grrupp Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Wow! Very inspirational!!!
  • srenabp
    srenabp Posts: 5 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Hey fellow shorties! Thank you all for sharing your experience! I'm 5.1, started my journey with 142 lbs, and my final, dream weight goal is 128. I have lost about 6.5 so far, in 15 weeks. I started to work out 5-6 times a week and write a food journal, which made it pretty easy to lose the first 3-3.5. Sometimes my weight would go 2 lbs back and forth, but I learnt not to freak out and realize it's simply a question of my actual daily meals and water intake. After a two-week plateau I started to use MFP and realized how important portion control is. Being more aware of that helped me lose the next 3 lbs in only two weeks. I can really feel and see a difference with every pound (or actually kilo, I'm from Europe) I lose. I guess the less you want or need to lose the bigger difference a pound makes. I work hard for every lost pound, and it makes me very proud to finally see results. I'm losing my muffin top, my butt is getting smaller, and finally my belly is starting to melt, too. I can also see some muscle definition on my thighs, which feels amazing! Instead of a very strict diet that I would give up in a few weeks, what works for me is eating healthy, but allowing myself a tiny indulgence every day (like a few squares of chocolate in my oatmeal), and a dessert or a heavier meal once a week. I think this will be key to keep it sustainable.
  • plasticineporters
    plasticineporters Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3, too!
  • srenabp
    srenabp Posts: 5 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Oh, and special thanks to those of you sharing photos, you are so inspiring!
  • sukid88
    sukid88 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2. I started at 172 in June 2013 and am currently at 125; so it took me about a year and half to lose 46 pounds and I still want to lose about 10 more before I maintain. But, I am very happy with my progress and am happy with how I look now...the 10 I'm trying to lose now are just vanity pounds.

But, yes, every single pound makes a difference for us short people!. Every 5 pounds are noticeable, people comment on my weight loss every time I just lose 5 pounds now. Bad thing is though, every 5 pound gain is just as noticeable :neutral_face:
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    Oh isn't it lovely to meet others who understand how hard it is to lose a pound. I am always pleased if I can manage half a pound a week.
    I have been on maintainable for about 4 years now, SW128-130, GW 102-107. I believe in having a sliding scale for maintainance, leeway for holidays, vacations, and parties. However by the end of this summer I had reached 106.4 so thought I would take myself in hand and come back and do a couple of months pre Christmas logging, and would you believe it I lost 5.3lb in 65 days! I never did that when I was seriously trying to lose weight 5 years ago.
    So, right now I am 101.2 but a little skinny - fat, I am working hard on that and I think that is why my weight dropped faster than I expected.
    Haven't got much in the way of pics right now ( my dead computer ate thousands), but my avatar is me at 105 and the 2nd picture in my profile is me at 128-130.
    Keep up the good work little pixies.
    Cheers,h
    PS. mapdancer, at 61 I too look younger now that I am not as heavy- we must be twins.
  • UmmSqueaky
    UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    gymw5s458e7t.jpg

I am 3 days away from my one year MFP-avesary. The before pictures were what finally woke me up - I knew I was overweight, but the chubby girl in my head wasn't anywhere near as fat as I was in real life. 362 days of hard work, 80 lbs down. I'd like to lose a bit more, but I've shifted into a maintenance mindset. Losing the weight is only half the battle - I'm working towards keeping it off for the rest of my life.
  • scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Hey all!

How about you short people out there! I'm only 5'3 and i know for sure that every pound makes a difference when you're tiny! Love to hear your successes :)

BB

I'm 165 cm (5'5) and my success story is that I've never drowned in a bath. Mainly because I usually shower. I avoid puddles just to be safe. I consider it unfair that we don't get charged less for clothes considering we require less material.
  • scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Just looked through this thread in detail, everyone looks amazing. I wish there was a small people gym we all went to so we could all bask in our collective micro-glory. Kudos to all of you.

I weigh 10:3 by the way, I'm slim and trying to get slimmer because I like to be better than what I am and so on.
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    I'm so impressed by all the great pictures and success stories. You are all awesome, and Wonder Woman is just cute as a button! I'm 5'1.5" and my highest weight was around 140. I'm down to around 120 (118 on a good day, but not this week). I can say the biggest challenge is keeping a calorie deficit since it takes so few calories to maintain a body our size, especially if you're 50+ like me. You start realizing that even a modest size restaurant meal is your entire calorie goal for the day while you watch everyone around you filling their plates.
  • fitmama0914
    Options
    My husband is buying me a bikini from a football apparel site for Christmas. My goal is to rock it this summer. And I'll be posting before and after, if this thread is still alive in a few months. :)
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    Ooh I started wearing bikinis 2 years ago. After a 40 year hiatus - and I feel quite good in them
    Rosebette, I hear you after 50 does make a difference my BMR is a rediculous 971, less than a restaurant meal!
    Cheers, h.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!