Options
    FaridPERU wrote: »
    SugaR IS LIKE A DRUG!
    it is adictive like same as cocaine

5791896.gif

Only took TWO DAYS!
  • time410s
    Options
    I can resist binging if eating fruit, but any processed, sugary goodies give me crazy cravings. I have given up refined sugars in the past and my cravings subsided. Each time, however, I thought I was cured, ate something refined and the cravings returned followed by binging. For me there is really no moderation -- I have to completely avoid refined sugar. Even if I stopped eating after one brownie, cookie, etc. I continued to think about it and obsess about it all day. I was preoccupied with getting my next fix. I am once again on the wagon (hopefully for good). It is not just about wanting to lose 10 pounds, it is about wanting to stop the obsessing. So, I guess you could say I am giving it up for two reasons: my vanity and my sanity!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    time410s wrote: »
    I can resist binging if eating fruit, but any processed, sugary goodies give me crazy cravings. I have given up refined sugars in the past and my cravings subsided. Each time, however, I thought I was cured, ate something refined and the cravings returned followed by binging. For me there is really no moderation -- I have to completely avoid refined sugar. Even if I stopped eating after one brownie, cookie, etc. I continued to think about it and obsess about it all day. I was preoccupied with getting my next fix. I am once again on the wagon (hopefully for good). It is not just about wanting to lose 10 pounds, it is about wanting to stop the obsessing. So, I guess you could say I am giving it up for two reasons: my vanity and my sanity!

Avoiding is great. Good that you know it that's what you need when it comes to the heavily processed, hyper palatable, junk foods.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options

FYI your body can't tell the difference. You're hooked on the marketing.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

FYI your body can't tell the difference. You're hooked on the marketing.

Perhaps.
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I have a bit of info here...
    To the person who has cut out sugar because it bothers arthritis... you are so right!!

It takes 9 months of NO sugar to clean the sugar from your body.. been there done that..

My Naturopath Dr. said I could have fruits that end in "berry" and apples - they are low in sugar. They do not bother my arthritis.

Same Naturopath Dr. also said - if you must bake use coconut sugar.

Good luck to all who wish to cut back or cut out sugar.... On December 27th I will be two years "clean"
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    Lilymay2 wrote: »
    To the person who has cut out sugar because it bothers arthritis... you are so right!!

It takes 9 months of NO sugar to clean the sugar from your body.. been there done that..

My Naturopath Dr. said I could have fruits that end in "berry" and apples - they are low in sugar. They do not bother my arthritis.

Good luck to all who wish to cut back or cut out sugar.... On December 27th I will be two years "clean"
    Being that the body runs on glucose for energy (regardless if one is sugar free or not), I wouldn't put much faith in what your Naturopath Dr. states as rigid truth.
    I don't discourage people to reduce their sugar intake, but let's make sure to give them correct information.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • time410s
    Options
    What information did Lilymay2 get from the Naturopath that you disagree with -- it is not clear from your response.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    SugaR IS LIKE A DRUG!

5791896.gif

Only took TWO DAYS!

It's a record.

I'd have been more on it, but I've had a lot going on. Won't happen again, swears.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    SugaR IS LIKE A DRUG!

5791896.gif

Only took TWO DAYS!

It's a record.

I'd have been more on it, but I've had a lot going on. Won't happen again, swears.

Make it so.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    What information did Lilymay2 get from the Naturopath that you disagree with -- it is not clear from your response.
    You don't "clean" sugar from your body. It's always going to be there.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • WatchJoshLift
    WatchJoshLift Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Why do people go to extremes and cut out sugar from their diets? Moderation is okay, people who restrict food groups tend to be the least successful in reaching their goals. Unless you have a medical issue and must cut sugar, you should not cut sugar.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Run_Fit wrote: »
    Why do people go to extremes and cut out sugar from their diets? Moderation is okay, people who restrict food groups tend to be the least successful in reaching their goals. Unless you have a medical issue and must cut sugar, you should not cut sugar.
    Citation?

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Run_Fit wrote: »

because people need a boogeyman to scare them into restricting enough foods to get into a calorie deficit..and (2) no one wants to believe it is that easy as eating all the foods that you want, just less of them ...

• Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Lilymay2 wrote: »

Being that the body runs on glucose for energy (regardless if one is sugar free or not), I wouldn't put much faith in what your Naturopath Dr. states as rigid truth.
    I don't discourage people to reduce their sugar intake, but let's make sure to give them correct information.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Remember she said I could have berries.... Everyday I have 1 cup of blueberries and 1 cup of Kirkland 3 berry mix for breakfast with my oatmeal.... I have an apple in the afternoon. I do not eat sweets - baking, chocolate bars etc...
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options

DITTO!!! I could have written this. In order to stay sane, I have to give up sweets, simple carbs, limit how much fruit I eat, and eat sufficient protein. I've been back on the wagon this time since August 8th, almost 4 months. I rarely feel deprived, and when I do, I just remember how horrid my life was when my eating was out of control. For me, giving up sugar is the ticket to a better life. MUCH better!
  • ndj1979
    Options
    lefty421 wrote: »

DITTO!!! I could have written this. In order to stay sane, I have to give up sweets, simple carbs, limit how much fruit I eat, and eat sufficient protein. I've been back on the wagon this time since August 8th, almost 4 months. I rarely feel deprived, and when I do, I just remember how horrid my life was when my eating was out of control. For me, giving up sugar is the ticket to a better life. MUCH better!

you just said you eat fruit aka sugar….
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

What is it that about YOU that needs to tell everyone that their relationship with food (that differs from yours) is wrong? Perhaps, just perhaps? they aren't YOU? yowsa.
  • WatchJoshLift
    WatchJoshLift Posts: 520 Member
    Options

What is it that about YOU that needs to tell everyone that their relationship with food (that differs from yours) is wrong? Perhaps, just perhaps? they aren't YOU? yowsa.

You want to jump all over him because he made a statement that the sugar in fruit is the same as the sugar in brownies, cookies, etc (and it is), and you come short of applauding the OP when the OP makes the absurd claim that "sugar is dangerous." Logic.
  • ndj1979
    Options

I never said it was wrong, I questioned the fallacy of saying one is addicted to sugar, but still eats sugar.

that is like saying I am a crack head, but I can still snort cocaine, because the cocaine is "natural"…

and why do YOU care? Are you following me?