Replies

• diaowl
    diaowl Posts: 33
    Options
    diaowl wrote: »
    Sugar is dangerous.

According to who?

According to my body. Diabetes runs in the family and last time I was at a nutritionist, I was quite close to the limit towards diabetes. I am overweight by 3 pounds for my height, which I am working on shedding. I've never been overweight for more than 8 pounds in my life, so I am trying my best to have a healthy weight. The problem is that if I eat a lot of sugar but don't gain weight, I will get other symptoms like sugar cravings, acne and other stuff. And, as I said, I just want to eat more naturally and less processed food. This is a personal decision. If you can eat lots of sugar, have enough will-power to stop after 2 cookies and don't get any health or weight problems, good for you! I'm incredibly jealous of you, but also happy for you that you're a very healthy person!

The thing is that we aren't all the same. Think about it - we're 7 billion+ people so it's kind of impossible to fit everyone in the same category.
    It's important to find whatever works best for you. :smile:

You should've included that in your original post then I would've agreed with you. And no, I don't eat lots of sugar. I have insulin resistance and hypoglycemia. Sugar is not good for me.

My point is that sugar may be dangerous for YOU, however, it's not dangerous for everyone.

Where did I say it's dangerous for everyone? I kept saying over and over that it's dangerous for ME! I never included anyone! Jesus, people... pay attention! Why is everyone so worked up over sugar? It's a flavour ingredient. Big quantities is bad for anyone and I want to limit it for MYSELF ONLY!
    If you wanna eat sugar, go ahead. If not, then don't. IT'S SIMPLE AS THAT!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    lefty421 wrote: »
    time410s wrote: »
    I can resist binging if eating fruit, but any processed, sugary goodies give me crazy cravings. I have given up refined sugars in the past and my cravings subsided. Each time, however, I thought I was cured, ate something refined and the cravings returned followed by binging. For me there is really no moderation -- I have to completely avoid refined sugar. Even if I stopped eating after one brownie, cookie, etc. I continued to think about it and obsess about it all day. I was preoccupied with getting my next fix. I am once again on the wagon (hopefully for good). It is not just about wanting to lose 10 pounds, it is about wanting to stop the obsessing. So, I guess you could say I am giving it up for two reasons: my vanity and my sanity!

DITTO!!! I could have written this. In order to stay sane, I have to give up sweets, simple carbs, limit how much fruit I eat, and eat sufficient protein. I've been back on the wagon this time since August 8th, almost 4 months. I rarely feel deprived, and when I do, I just remember how horrid my life was when my eating was out of control. For me, giving up sugar is the ticket to a better life. MUCH better!

you just said you eat fruit aka sugar….

What is it that about YOU that needs to tell everyone that their relationship with food (that differs from yours) is wrong? Perhaps, just perhaps? they aren't YOU? yowsa.

I never said it was wrong, I questioned the fallacy of saying one is addicted to sugar, but still eats sugar.

that is like saying I am a crack head, but I can still snort cocaine, because the cocaine is "natural"…

and why do YOU care? Are you following me?
    You replied to MY post.

no, I did not. I replied to Lefty's post….

and then you jumped in and decided to white knight...

Apologies. you replied to another person who thinks like me, not like you. My bad. I lost track.

back to reality: What is it that about YOU that needs to tell everyone that their relationship with food (that differs from yours) is wrong? Perhaps, just perhaps? they aren't YOU?

see my previous answer…

but here is the cliff notes..

I never said there was anything wrong with it.
    I questioned the fallacy of saying that sugar is bad and then in the next sentence saying that one still eats sugar.

And I've repeatedly questioned why fruit and twinkles MUST be the same in ALL INDIVIDUALS.

I don't understand your point/question ..but I am on flu meds right and slightly delirious...
    Enjoy the flu meds, as best one can to survive the flu.
    Feel better.
    All I'm suggesting is: consider that not everyone responds to any given food/exercise just as you do today, as you are... heck even YOU won't... over time.

feel better.

thanks…

I never said that everyone responds the same way ..my original point was that it is kind of ludicrous to say that you are addicted to sugar and then turn around and say that you still eat sugar, but it is OK because it comes from fruit..

If an alcoholic told you that they drink beer everyday but it is only whiskey that they have a problem with, I think that you would find that statement a little crazy….

my argument has always been that sugar is sugar …

if someone has a medical condition then they do need to avoid/limit sugar consumption, I agree….
    So she should say she's choosing to avoid added refined sugars. Or saying she's still eating unrefined fructose. I dunno. I get what your argument is.
    All I'm saying is that I *DON'T* believe the body necessarily reacts to fruit and the foods with added refined sugars the same. And I DON'T believe every one's body reacts the same to any given foods. Sans a "medical condition".
    To me, it's perfectly logical for someone to limit refined sugars (that are added to foods) but not give up fruit.

Not that it really matters, but I note the inconsistency ndj talks about too, and I see no evidence that it's about different kinds of sugars. People like to complain about a few grams in ketchup or supermarket bread, but I seriously doubt those cause "sugar" binges any more than fruit. (I don't eat either, so have no vested interest here.) What people seem to react to are combinations of sugar and fat that generally are considered palatable and, especially, those they find extra palatable to their own taste.

For example, I have been tempted all weekend by my leftover cranberry apple crisp, I'm sure in part because it has butter, brown sugar, and fruit and is just generally super tasty. If I eat some I'll probably want to eat more than I should, which wouldn't happen if I just ate an apple, but it also wouldn't happen if I ate a couple of spoonfuls of sugar (which seems revolting) or a sweet and fat combo that is unappealing to my personal taste (like a Twinkie). Given this, isn't it obvious that it isn't really some reaction to sugar itself?

Of course, reducing ones sugar intake may still be a wise thing to do for personal health or as a nutrition strategy, but I think this is why people push back against the common tenor of the discussion here, which so commonly seems to turn into nonsense about cocaine.
    I don't really think the ketchup causes a binge in regular folks either, no. But it's also not very much, even if it is HFCS. I don't buy it, but I know I eat it when we're out.
    The supermarket bread may be a different case, in that it's also a heavily refined not intact grain. Dunno, I don't eat it.
    IS it a reaction to the sugar itself? I don't know. I know refined sugars and grains raise insulin levels, I know that blood sugar swings lead ME to want to eat more. I've never been a "binger" per se. And sweets have never really been my thing (now, pizza on the other hand...) I can vaguely remember eating half a bag of recess miniatures with my roommate while studying in grad school (she ate the other half, of course). It's not really been about that for me. For me, I know from experience that when I limit refined sugars, I have an easier time eating reasonably. I know that eating ON THE WHOLE a diet that limits high glycemic load foods I have an easier time eating reasonably. And I know that an apple doesn't do the same thing, again, perhaps because of the fiber, perhaps because it's not wrapped in a refined high glycemic carb (like a donut etc.).
    I know that on the whole, a home made whole grain pizza doesn't affect me the way a slice of dominos does (again, probably a combination of heavily refined grains, HFCS etc. etc. etc.). Again, I don't really eat the stuff, but do know that I find it challenging to stop at one slice, and if I eat, say, 3, then I usually end up over eating on other foods that day (and then there's the digestive part, which makes resisting it MUCH easier).

I also know that I can make a batch of fat bombs, which taste sweet and are oh so yummy, but have no sugar, and not feel like I need more than 2 of those delicious beasts. And I know that 2 fat bombs won't affect the rest of my day.

And yes, the conversation always turns into a discussion of crack. Which is weird. If someone wants to cut back on junk food, great!

I get the disconnect. But feel as a community we oversimplify, play semantics, and often feign obtusity. Cheers and thanks for the reply.
  • olivebeanhealthy
    olivebeanhealthy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    kgeyser wrote: »
    If you start a binge from a bite of cookie, and not from a bite of fruit, then sugar is not the cause of your issue. Might be worthwhile to talk to a professional and explore why you engage in bingeing behaviors with certain foods.

Do you have a reference for this?
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    If you start a binge from a bite of cookie, and not from a bite of fruit, then sugar is not the cause of your issue. Might be worthwhile to talk to a professional and explore why you engage in bingeing behaviors with certain foods.

Yes. A bunch of textbooks I read in college said so. If you want to know more, you should do your own research.

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

Yes. A bunch of textbooks I read in college said so. If you want to know more, you should do your own research.

LOL.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Sugar is dangerous.

According to who?

According to my body. Diabetes runs in the family and last time I was at a nutritionist, I was quite close to the limit towards diabetes. I am overweight by 3 pounds for my height, which I am working on shedding. I've never been overweight for more than 8 pounds in my life, so I am trying my best to have a healthy weight. The problem is that if I eat a lot of sugar but don't gain weight, I will get other symptoms like sugar cravings, acne and other stuff. And, as I said, I just want to eat more naturally and less processed food. This is a personal decision. If you can eat lots of sugar, have enough will-power to stop after 2 cookies and don't get any health or weight problems, good for you! I'm incredibly jealous of you, but also happy for you that you're a very healthy person!

The thing is that we aren't all the same. Think about it - we're 7 billion+ people so it's kind of impossible to fit everyone in the same category.

You should've included that in your original post then I would've agreed with you. And no, I don't eat lots of sugar. I have insulin resistance and hypoglycemia. Sugar is not good for me.

My point is that sugar may be dangerous for YOU, however, it's not dangerous for everyone.

Where did I say it's dangerous for everyone? I kept saying over and over that it's dangerous for ME! I never included anyone! Jesus, people... pay attention! Why is everyone so worked up over sugar? It's a flavour ingredient. Big quantities is bad for anyone and I want to limit it for MYSELF ONLY!

Looks a bit inconsistent to me! You seem to be saying it's not dangerous for everyone but it also "bad" for everyone. And there's really no need to shout.

Don't you think context is important? Even for me as an individual there's days when "big quantities" of sugar are exactly what I need to eat.
    If I ate "big quantities" every day (causing a calorie surplus) then obviously that would be a problem.

That it seems a wise choice for you doesn't mean the same choice is necessary for everyone else.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I wonder, for those who feel that sweets have a negative "addictive" effect which fruits do not have...have you tried simply adding fiber to your sweets? Or fortifying the sweets with more nutrients, like making fruit pies, chocolate covered poached pears, berry cobblers, etc. and simply thinking of them as a tasty side instead of an indulgence? Or perhaps increasing your fiber in general (which would be a positive thing for most people)?
  • SnuggleSmacks
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    Sugar is dangerous.

According to who?

Looks a bit inconsistent to me! You seem to be saying it's not dangerous for everyone but it also "bad" for everyone. And there's really no need to shout.

Don't you think context is important? Even for me as an individual there's days when "big quantities" of sugar are exactly what I need to eat.
    If I ate "big quantities" every day (causing a calorie surplus) then obviously that would be a problem.

That it seems a wise choice for you doesn't mean the same choice is necessary for everyone else.

Water is not dangerous, but big quantities is bad for everyone. See "water intoxication." You can die from it.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    I wonder, for those who feel that sweets have a negative "addictive" effect which fruits do not have...have you tried simply adding fiber to your sweets? Or fortifying the sweets with more nutrients, like making fruit pies, chocolate covered poached pears, berry cobblers, etc. and simply thinking of them as a tasty side instead of an indulgence? Or perhaps increasing your fiber in general (which would be a positive thing for most people)?
    Or cutting back on the sweets? lol It's sweets. Not vegetables!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Sorry, guys... I don't mean to be rude, but you're all so far off this topic. This is a PERSONAL decision, so why are you all up my business with so many theories and so on?

I'm limiting sugar, not giving it up. By sugar I mean added sugar. I don't think it's good for me, so I'm gonna try to eat less of it. ADDED SUGAR, WHICH IS REFINED SUGAR NOT FRUCTOSE FOUND IN FRUITS.

That is ALL I am doing and it's really tough for someone like me. This topic was created for MYSELF, NOT TO INFLUENCE PEOPLE BUT TO KEEP MYSELF ON TRACK WITH MY DECISION.

If you want to eat sugar, go ahead and eat sugar.
    If you don't want to eat sugar, then don't eat sugar.
    If you want to join in my quest to limit sugar, you're welcomed to do it.
    If you think this decision is trash and you don't want to join me, then simply DON'T.

If you didn't want anyone "up in your business", why did you create a forum topic about it? MFP has a blog feature you can use when you want to write down stuff and not have people get "up in your business".
    mwzq02z0ledy.png

• mmerry5
    mmerry5 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I look at it like this, if you put an apple in front of me and my favorite cookie, I’d prefer to eat my cookie (though I may not choose to do so) because I LOVE the taste of them and because I love the taste of them, I’d want more than one. Some call that a craving. Maybe it is. If I have a batch of my favorite cookies sitting around I’ll want to eat them. Not because I’m addicted to sugar, but because I love the taste of those cookies. If it were a batch of coconut cookies I wouldn’t even take a second look at them. I don’t like coconut no matter how much added sugar they have. On the same note, I like apples and I eat them, but because I don’t LOVE them (unless they are crispy, juicy and sweet!), one is enough. To me it’s no difference than if you put a plate full of liver in front of me and plate full of seasoned roasted chicken breast. I could pig out on the chicken breast because I love it and would leave the liver untouched. I’m not a liver fan. I could munch on the leftover chicken all day. Does that mean that chicken causes cravings for me? No, I just like the taste. Unfortunately cookies aren’t as good for me as the fruit and don’t have the satiety of fruit, so I don’t keep them around as much.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I can resist binging if eating fruit, but any processed, sugary goodies give me crazy cravings. I have given up refined sugars in the past and my cravings subsided. Each time, however, I thought I was cured, ate something refined and the cravings returned followed by binging. For me there is really no moderation -- I have to completely avoid refined sugar. Even if I stopped eating after one brownie, cookie, etc. I continued to think about it and obsess about it all day. I was preoccupied with getting my next fix. I am once again on the wagon (hopefully for good). It is not just about wanting to lose 10 pounds, it is about wanting to stop the obsessing. So, I guess you could say I am giving it up for two reasons: my vanity and my sanity!

DITTO!!! I could have written this. In order to stay sane, I have to give up sweets, simple carbs, limit how much fruit I eat, and eat sufficient protein. I've been back on the wagon this time since August 8th, almost 4 months. I rarely feel deprived, and when I do, I just remember how horrid my life was when my eating was out of control. For me, giving up sugar is the ticket to a better life. MUCH better!

What is it that about YOU that needs to tell everyone that their relationship with food (that differs from yours) is wrong? Perhaps, just perhaps? they aren't YOU? yowsa.

I never said it was wrong, I questioned the fallacy of saying one is addicted to sugar, but still eats sugar.

that is like saying I am a crack head, but I can still snort cocaine, because the cocaine is "natural"…

You replied to MY post.

Apologies. you replied to another person who thinks like me, not like you. My bad. I lost track.

back to reality: What is it that about YOU that needs to tell everyone that their relationship with food (that differs from yours) is wrong? Perhaps, just perhaps? they aren't YOU?

see my previous answer…

I questioned the fallacy of saying that sugar is bad and then in the next sentence saying that one still eats sugar.

And I've repeatedly questioned why fruit and twinkles MUST be the same in ALL INDIVIDUALS.

I don't understand your point/question ..but I am on flu meds right and slightly delirious...
    Feel better.
    All I'm suggesting is: consider that not everyone responds to any given food/exercise just as you do today, as you are... heck even YOU won't... over time.

feel better.

thanks…

I never said that everyone responds the same way ..my original point was that it is kind of ludicrous to say that you are addicted to sugar and then turn around and say that you still eat sugar, but it is OK because it comes from fruit..

If an alcoholic told you that they drink beer everyday but it is only whiskey that they have a problem with, I think that you would find that statement a little crazy….

if someone has a medical condition then they do need to avoid/limit sugar consumption, I agree….
    So she should say she's choosing to avoid added refined sugars. Or saying she's still eating unrefined fructose. I dunno. I get what your argument is.
    All I'm saying is that I *DON'T* believe the body necessarily reacts to fruit and the foods with added refined sugars the same. And I DON'T believe every one's body reacts the same to any given foods. Sans a "medical condition".
    To me, it's perfectly logical for someone to limit refined sugars (that are added to foods) but not give up fruit.

Not that it really matters, but I note the inconsistency ndj talks about too, and I see no evidence that it's about different kinds of sugars. People like to complain about a few grams in ketchup or supermarket bread, but I seriously doubt those cause "sugar" binges any more than fruit. (I don't eat either, so have no vested interest here.) What people seem to react to are combinations of sugar and fat that generally are considered palatable and, especially, those they find extra palatable to their own taste.

For example, I have been tempted all weekend by my leftover cranberry apple crisp, I'm sure in part because it has butter, brown sugar, and fruit and is just generally super tasty. If I eat some I'll probably want to eat more than I should, which wouldn't happen if I just ate an apple, but it also wouldn't happen if I ate a couple of spoonfuls of sugar (which seems revolting) or a sweet and fat combo that is unappealing to my personal taste (like a Twinkie). Given this, isn't it obvious that it isn't really some reaction to sugar itself?

Of course, reducing ones sugar intake may still be a wise thing to do for personal health or as a nutrition strategy, but I think this is why people push back against the common tenor of the discussion here, which so commonly seems to turn into nonsense about cocaine.
    I don't really think the ketchup causes a binge in regular folks either, no. But it's also not very much, even if it is HFCS. I don't buy it, but I know I eat it when we're out.
    The supermarket bread may be a different case, in that it's also a heavily refined not intact grain. Dunno, I don't eat it.
    IS it a reaction to the sugar itself? I don't know. I know refined sugars and grains raise insulin levels, I know that blood sugar swings lead ME to want to eat more. I've never been a "binger" per se. And sweets have never really been my thing (now, pizza on the other hand...) I can vaguely remember eating half a bag of recess miniatures with my roommate while studying in grad school (she ate the other half, of course). It's not really been about that for me. For me, I know from experience that when I limit refined sugars, I have an easier time eating reasonably. I know that eating ON THE WHOLE a diet that limits high glycemic load foods I have an easier time eating reasonably. And I know that an apple doesn't do the same thing, again, perhaps because of the fiber, perhaps because it's not wrapped in a refined high glycemic carb (like a donut etc.).
    I know that on the whole, a home made whole grain pizza doesn't affect me the way a slice of dominos does (again, probably a combination of heavily refined grains, HFCS etc. etc. etc.). Again, I don't really eat the stuff, but do know that I find it challenging to stop at one slice, and if I eat, say, 3, then I usually end up over eating on other foods that day (and then there's the digestive part, which makes resisting it MUCH easier).

I also know that I can make a batch of fat bombs, which taste sweet and are oh so yummy, but have no sugar, and not feel like I need more than 2 of those delicious beasts. And I know that 2 fat bombs won't affect the rest of my day.

And yes, the conversation always turns into a discussion of crack. Which is weird. If someone wants to cut back on junk food, great!

I get the disconnect. But feel as a community we oversimplify, play semantics, and often feign obtusity. Cheers and thanks for the reply.

Interesting. A couple more thoughts from personal experience--I know when my blood sugar goes up and down (which is easy to avoid with a reasonable macro mix since I seem not to be insulin resistant) I don't tend to feel as hungry or as in need of food for energy. I think that's part of it, but as you suggest I think carbs generally play a role--or at least carbs without much fiber--not just sweet things.

I also find it much easier to eat well when I'm committed to eating well, which for me focuses more on eating lots of veggies and protein, cooking from whole foods and not limiting things, but it probably has a similar effect--I see it as largely psychological.

I find that being active helps in the same way.

Since these are important things, whatever the reason, I think I do agree that there can be an oversimplification, and I know I personally have a much easier time (and enjoy more) eating healthy as I understand it to just eating less of whatever, although I'm also not terribly restrictive and hate the silly cocaine comparisons.

Also, unlike you I can easily overeat things that are largely fat. I overate some short ribs last night, sigh.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Dear Op... one of the things I have found that limiting sugar has done for me is that the calories I would have consumed in snickers bars is now in avocados, walnuts, almond and fresh berries. I am on maintenance and to maintain my weight - I log and watch calories. I have had celebratory cake and ice cream, and I don't feel so good afterwards. I limit those items ... I didn't eat them during my weight loss in 6 months in 2012, and I find I am good without them. Another thing that happened is I had a horrible eczema like rash on my legs and it went away with the weight loss (sans sugar and glutens during that time period)..so I am not sure about the science behind whether or not it eating sugar laden treats is good or bad for you, but my life is much better with them on a regular basis. Don't get me wrong, I still want to eat those things, but much like over doing alcohol, I don't like the penalties.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    Options
    I also wonder how much of the changes people report from cutting out foods like sugar or processed foods are actually attributable to what they replace it with. For example, most people increase their consumption of vegetables and healthy fats in response to cutting higher calorie or more processed fare. This obviously increases the consumption of nutrients, some of them quite key, like fiber and magnesium, which many people on the SAD are deficient in. I imagine restoring those nutrients can have quite a dramatic effect on the body.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

You replied to MY post.

see my previous answer…

Feel better.

feel better.

thanks…

Interesting. A couple more thoughts from personal experience--I know when my blood sugar goes up and down (which is easy to avoid with a reasonable macro mix since I seem not to be insulin resistant) I don't tend to feel as hungry or as in need of food for energy. I think that's part of it, but as you suggest I think carbs generally play a role--or at least carbs without much fiber--not just sweet things.

I also find it much easier to eat well when I'm committed to eating well, which for me focuses more on eating lots of veggies and protein, cooking from whole foods and not limiting things, but it probably has a similar effect--I see it as largely psychological.

I find that being active helps in the same way.

Since these are important things, whatever the reason, I think I do agree that there can be an oversimplification, and I know I personally have a much easier time (and enjoy more) eating healthy as I understand it to just eating less of whatever, although I'm also not terribly restrictive and hate the silly cocaine comparisons.

Also, unlike you I can easily overeat things that are largely fat. I overate some short ribs last night, sigh.
    I can over eat them sure. I love ribs. And it's easy to get a ton of calories from ribs.

Yeah, I'm not insulin resistant (that I know of). But yes, I find it pretty easy to control my blood sugars if I avoid refined carbs, so I do. And when I do that, I'm not as hungry. I'm sure my macros come into play, as I'm sure my fiber goes up, my carbs go down, and probably then, protein or fat or both go up.
    It's easier for me to manage it by limiting the refined carbs. Dunno. I just know it works for me all these years.

Out of curiosity: are your hormonal cravings sugar, fat, salt? Mine tended to be sugar. Now that I don't eat added sugars they are salt.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    I also wonder how much of the changes people report from cutting out foods like sugar or processed foods are actually attributable to what they replace it with. For example, most people increase their consumption of vegetables and healthy fats in response to cutting higher calorie or more processed fare. This obviously increases the consumption of nutrients, some of them quite key, like fiber and magnesium, which many people on the SAD are deficient in. I imagine restoring those nutrients can have quite a dramatic effect on the body.

Absolutely... and again, for me, by limiting those refined carbs I can much more easily meet all my other nutritional goals. It's just easier to do things right. It's not a struggle, or a battle of will. And meeting all of my nutritional goals (nutrient dense vegetables, fiber, fat, proteins etc), getting enough nutrient rich foods, which I know are good for me as a whole, is much more my goal than a number on the scale.
  • diaowl
    diaowl Posts: 33
    Options
    This topic was supposed to be for me, so I can motivate myself to limit sugar... I'm starting to really regret I've written this post.

From now on, this topic belongs to you. I started it, but I refuse to explain myself over and over my motives.

If I'd known how to write a blog, I would have done it. Unfortunately, I'm not very accustomed to MFP.

The point of this post?
    I am limiting my sugar intake because I think it's the best choice for me. I do not wish anyone to follow in my footsteps. I do not wish for anyone to be influenced by my decision. I am doing this for myself. I have created this topic to motivate myself only and possibly find people that have already done this to give me good peaces of advice on my journey. This is not an easy step for me because I have a sweet tooth and I would like to stop giving into my cravings.

That being said, I bid you all farewell, good luck in your weight loss, weight gain and/or weight maintenance journey.
    Have a great day and all that jazz.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    mizztanjo wrote: »
    FaridPERU wrote: »
    SugaR IS LIKE A DRUG!
    it is adictive like same as cocaine

Agreed! They actually did a study on rats using cocain and sugar...in the end the rats went for the sugar.
    Processed sugar actually lights up the same parts of the brain as Cocain does. It's really nasty to think about how much we consume!
    Sigh. Yes, cocaine and sugar light up similar areas of the brain. Ahem, THAT'S BECAUSE COCAINE HAS CO-OPTED THE NORMAL PATHWAYS THAT THE BODY USES FOR REWARD WITH FOOD. Sugar doesn't act like cocaine, cocaine acts like sugar, which is what makes cocaine dangerous, because it doesn't come with any of the nutritional benefits of sugar.
  • Tea_Mistress
    Tea_Mistress Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Good luck :) I find that I'm also very sensitive to sugar and feel like my appetite is sooooooo much easier to control without added sugar, cravings seem to go away too ^_^