WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2014

Options
1484950515254»

Replies

• DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    I guess it's Happy New Year to many of you as we are just 2 1/2 hours away on the east coast of US.
    Sylvia, you take care of yourself. No more chasing dogs in the cold without a coat. Hopefully the tightness will go away overnight. And thanks for the giggle.

likemp, welcome to the group. It is great! I've just been here a little over a month and already feel like I'm home. :blush:

Barbie, thanks for the website. It was interesting. I don't really make resolutions or at least New Year's resolutions. I am just so impressed with MFP and plan to keep doing what I'm doing while increasing my exercising.

I know I can do this and 3 months ago it was not even on my radar. Have a good night, ladies and a wonderful New Year where all your resolutions come to realities.

Janet in Myrtle Beach, SC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,979 Member
    Options
    Here is the link to the new thread for January

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10039781/women-ages-50-for-january-2015?new=1

It is already January for Lesley in Tasmania and all our friends in the UK and other parts of Europe and it's bedtime for me on the west coast of North America smiley-sleep012.gif
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    It's been an interesting couple of days ... more on that next year ...

Got back on track yesterday with the logging and calorie goal. Just blew that though with our last hurrah for new year's

It's snowing great gang busters here. Brought older son home this afternoon. He had no aides scheduled for tomorrow and I had planned to get him for the day. Didn't want a repeat of our last snowstorm fiasco, so got him early...

No one wants to stay up late, so this is my Happy New Year post I've enjoyed being part of this group immensely! Thank you
    !

Beth in Western New York .

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,699 Member
    Options
    stats for the day the last day of the year. nice way to finish the year off with a crash on my bike:
    Ride hm 2 gym- 12.10min, 14.5amph, 3mi
    Spin- 40min, 88ar, 117aw, 11-13ag, 17.4mi
    ride gym 2 dome- 6.36min 12.9amph 1.4mi
    ride dome 2 Top of Tacoma on McKinley- 8min, 6.9amph, .9mi
    ride Top of Tacoma 2 hm- 15.15min, 9.9amph, 2.5mi

have a good one.
  • tngram2seven
    tngram2seven Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Hi all - home from the lovely wedding and in my jammies. I managed to stay at only 20 calories over my daily goal with the dinner and a tiny slice of cake.

Sylvia - thanks for the diet "facts" - so funny but to tell the truth they sound a little like my past excuses.

I have selected my word for 2015 - OPPORTUNITY
    I think it really suits my situation at this point in my journey to get healthy and carve out a new retirement "identity". I want to realize every step forward and backward is an opportunity to grow and improve. I want to embrace every opportunity I have to be good to myself and others. I want to recognize the many opportunities I have to be the me God had in mind when he created me.

I also have selected a slogan of sorts. I heard it on a Christian radio station recently. The artist was introducing her song, so to speak, and her words may not have been original but they spoke to me.
    Gratitude for the Past - Strength for the Present - Faith for the Future
    That's the me I want to be for myself and others.

Happy New Year, friends!

Toni
    Grateful, Strong, and Faithful
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Happy First Day
  • trisH_7183
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Happy First Day

Had a nice long letter,but tried to post 3 times & it never showed up. It comes on when I click edit or review,but never posts no matter what I do BooHoo
  • trisH_7183
    Options

Had a nice long letter,but tried to post 3 times & it never showed up. It comes on when I click edit or review,but never posts no matter what I do BooHoo[/quote]

Happy First Day
  • SueTN2
    SueTN2 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Toni, I love this saying too "Gratitude for the Past - Strength for the Present - Faith for the Future" thanks for posting it. I hope you don't mind if I borrow it too.
  • tngram2seven
    tngram2seven Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    No problem. I love to share ideas I have "stolen" from others!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,699 Member
    Options
  • hlbrennan
    hlbrennan Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Heather, your DGD is ADORABLE! :) What a pretty girl!

Hope everyone is doing ok, I read back a bit and saw all the stuff going on. Hang on everyone!
    And remember: Set a goal, then make a plan to achieve that goal!
    Also: Don't forget to practice Love, Acceptance and Forgiveness!
    My 2 cents for the New Year! :smile:
    Very simple and obvious!

hugs to everyone!

Heidi - oh and btw, I have nothing to report. No weight loss, but no gain either! and my life is on an even path right now. I've made a new year's resolution to draw closer to God.
    And this also for my son.
    :)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,979 Member
    Options