• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Eating too much. Next.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    ktm96 wrote: »
    It must be something else then......it just I've been on a 1200 calorie diet for the past 3 weeks-and yes, i weigh my food, and I started at 132....then down to 127.....now I've been at 130 for the past week.....its just really annoying. I SHOULD be at 126 right now but I'm 130.......what can I do? I just started playing ice hockey.....maybe I'm gaining muscle in my legs? Idk though because I only play for about 20 minutes total a game and one game per week for the last month. I skate really hard and fast though and I'm tired in my legs afterward and the day after......still though.......I should be losing SOME fat.

This is over four pounds? I can "gain" four pounds in one day with too much sodium, or starting my period or just not having a good poop.

How tall are you and what is your goal?
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,624 Member
    Options
    It must be something else then......it just I've been on a 1200 calorie diet for the past 3 weeks-and yes, i weigh my food, and I started at 132....then down to 127.....now I've been at 130 for the past week.....its just really annoying. I SHOULD be at 126 right now but I'm 130.......what can I do? I just started playing ice hockey.....maybe I'm gaining muscle in my legs? Idk though because I only play for about 20 minutes total a game and one game per week for the last month. I skate really hard and fast though and I'm tired in my legs afterward and the day after......still though.......I should be losing SOME fat.

You initially lost water weight which you've gained back. You've been dieting for 3 weeks. Chill.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Open your diary.
  • ktm96
    ktm96 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    well it just makes me a little scared that my metabolism isnt acting right.....three weeks and two pounds? it just dosnt make any sense on a 1200 calorie diet
  • Mr_Knight
    Options
    well it just makes me a little scared that my metabolism isnt acting right....

Your "metabolism" is acting just fine.

Open your diary.
  • lizbethinkona
    lizbethinkona Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Diet sodas are terrible for you. Yes, many women in my family cannot lose weight if drinking them. All of us are off diet sodas and losing. The chemicals in them are detrimental to everyone's health and weight loss to many.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    well it just makes me a little scared that my metabolism isnt acting right.....three weeks and two pounds? it just dosnt make any sense on a 1200 calorie diet

Your metabolism is fine although if you are playing hockey you might want to raise your calories, at least on game day, or you might find yourself sucking wind.
  • Mr_Knight
    Options
    The chemicals in them are detrimental to everyone's health and weight loss to many.

Nonsense.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Ever since I've added diet pop to my diet I have not been able to lose weight-I have been at a 1200 calorie diet, and am strictly counting everything, there is no way possible i am going over my calorie intake. Anyone experience hindered weight loss when they added diet pop to their diets?

It's not the diet soda that's hindering weight loss, as it has no calories. You are eating in a way to support no weight loss, which means you are eating too much to lose weight.

No....you are going over your calorie intake because if you weren't you would be losing weight.

My guess is you are unintentionally underestimating food intake and overestimating calorie burns.

Do you weigh all your food? Measure your liquids? Do you log every single thing you eat? Are you choosing correct entries? MFP has several entries in their database that are incorrect, so it's smart to read packages and research nutrition information to ensure we have correct calorie estimates.

Do you exercise and, if so, do you log those exercise calories? Do you eat those exercise calories back? If you do eat the exercise calories back, where do you get those estimates from? MFP, gym machines, and internet and phone apps are notorious for overestimating calorie burns. Eat half to three quarters of your exercise calories back.

• SLLRunner
    Options
    Vitaphobia wrote: »
    I am not a dietitian but I've heard of diet sodas being worse for you than regular soda. something about the type of sugar increases the chance of binges.
    No, that's silly. :)
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    Diet sodas are terrible for you. Yes, many women in my family cannot lose weight if drinking them. All of us are off diet sodas and losing. The chemicals in them are detrimental to everyone's health and weight loss to many.
    Nah. Not accurate.

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    Vitaphobia wrote: »
    I am not a dietitian but I've heard of diet sodas being worse for you than regular soda. something about the type of sugar increases the chance of binges.
    No, that's silly. :)

Do you have science to back up your personal opinion?

• Mediocrates55
    Mediocrates55 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Anyone care to join me?
    4oemio4qmdkv.jpg
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    Anyone care to join me?
    4oemio4qmdkv.jpg

NO! looks like that would hurt.
  • uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    My life wouldn't be complete without my diet Sierra Mist.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options

Weight loss isn't linear (if you lose a bunch one week it's normal to gain a little back the next or take a while to catch up with what was possibly a water weight drop) and can be slow when you are close to goal, which it sounds like you are. Three weeks really isn't enough time to worry.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    Anyone care to join me?
    4oemio4qmdkv.jpg

You are in IT, this should be part of your daily routine by now! ;)
  • Mediocrates55
    Mediocrates55 Posts: 326 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Anyone care to join me?
    4oemio4qmdkv.jpg

Not nearly as bad as reading some of this tonight. LOL
    I keep hearing Fight Club in my head. "You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake..."