Sunnyfarm Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday Belinda

Have fun Barbie

Congratulations Keana
  • beszmytke
    beszmytke Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the good wishes everyone, and Marie, our Angel Mama - I loved the card!

Today was my weigh and measure day at Curves, and I worked off 8.75 inches this last month! I was so happy with that, even though the weight loss wasn't as much as I would like - I only lost a total of 7 lbs. But I feel better and I will take the inches over the pounds any day!

Sophie, my lifelong dream is to see Ireland, and so your trip this weekend sounds amazing! When I get my husband talked into taking a few weeks to go, I will have to ask you for tips on must-sees and must-stays! Have a great and lovely time!

Shirley, you must be ready for that water to come back on ANY TIME NOW. Glad they painted the snow - one step closer to getting it done.
    Kenea993 wrote: »
    Weigh in day for me!

Loss this week if 1.6 lb. Total loss 12.4 lbs :)
    Sorry excited I am sitting for that 20lb Easter! I have a wedding dress appointment in may and I want to stay of our married life healthy and I want to be the girl who can pull off a mermaids dress. That is my dream and goal. So excited!

Best wishes! When is the wedding going to be? I am sure you will be so, so lovely a bride - you have to keep us in the loop on all your plans <3B)

Marie, my mom had CHF as well, and fought with that water issue. Connie is right that you should drink your water. Mom hated those frequent bathroom trips, too!

Going to the Red Wings game tonight, and hoping they will win for my BDay - I'll certainly be cheering them on :#

Happy Hump Day, all!

Belinda

• tenpets
    tenpets Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    tenpets wrote: »
    Good morning and happy March to everyone! Well, I thought I would show a loss this week, but the one pound I keep losing and then gaining was back this week. UGH! I am tired of seeing I still have 40 lbs to go!! I am so ready for no more frigid temps, ice, and snow! I need to get back outside walking in the warm sunshine.

I am thrilled for all of you who have had success with losing. I just feel stuck at this weight. Since Jan 1, I am only down 5 lb. :-( That's not good enough for eight weeks at all! I am really hoping March brings a loss of at least another 3-4 lbs. I would consider that an acceptable result of 8-9 lbs loss for three months.

With the next challenge, I plan to rev up my exercise with warming temps and hope to lose 25-30 lbs additional pounds by July 4. That may be a high expectation for a 13 week challenge, but I need to get this moving in the right direction! Hubby and I will resume our 6-9 mile walks on the weekends, walk after dinner each night, and get back to long distance bike riding (20-60 miles each trip).

SW: 186
    CW: 180.8
    Challenge GW: 177
    UGW: 140
    March is a time to finish this challenge strong!

Becky..your 5 pounds lost is better than 5 pounds gained ANY day! (*) Cheer up...this is not a race and there is NO finish line. Take a look at your diary. See where you can do better on that end until you can get out of the house to move your body. We are here for you...post more often when you need encouragement or to just vent! <3
    Connie

Connie, Thank you so much for the encouragement! You are so right about this not being a race and I realize I need to get back to faithfully logging everything I eat (even though it's pretty routine from day to day). I think you're also right that I would benefit from posting more frequently so that I maintain my focus of being a part of this wonderful group each day. I will try to do so when I get to work each morning before I get crazy busy with nursing students in the lab. You and Marie, and everyone in this group are simply wonderful to know! <3

Becky

• tenpets
    tenpets Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I will definitely be continuing on to the next challenge. My birthday is 7 July, so that challenge is perfect! Most of my reading has been about detoxing, green smoothies and eating healthy.

Things I already knew about just never actually applied for some reason!

The book I started with is: 10-Day Green Smoothie Cleanse by JJ. Smith. Very good book...I did the modified cleanse (2 smoothies a day) and lost 1 pound a day!

I like the green smoothies because it's quick, easy and very filling.

Cristina, Thank you so much for this post about your success with the smoothie cleanse. I am looking into it right now as I think it would be a great boost for me to get back on track! Congratulations on your amazing loss!!!

Becky
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,969 Member
    Options
    <3 Marie, I understand what you deal with having congestive heart failure because Jake has that, too. The most important thing he does is monitor his sodium intake and weigh himself every morning. Sometimes he has to take another water pill.

B) The weather where we're going in Utah is supposed to be sunny and cold....my friend who is coming from Waco is still not sure that she'll get there. Her latest plan is to drive to Austin and fly from there because the ice and fog in Waco and Dallas/Ft. Worth.

:D The most important thing I learned about ordering in restaurants is to read the whole menu and think before ordering. You don't have to order the specific item on the menu. If there is something with a piece of fish or chicken, you can order the fish or chicken broiled or grilled with no sauce and no added salt. If there are salads with tomatoes, then you can order sliced tomatoes as a side dish. Also steamed vegetables with no sauce or added salt. I never order a sandwich and never touch the bread basket (except occasionally at either Olive Garden or Red Lobster where I've made the decision ahead of time to go off the path because I've been especially active that day.) If I order a salad, I make sure they leave off the cheese and croutons and bacon and serve oil and vinegar dressing "on the side". I question everything.

:D I read this thread every day, even on the days I don't post....this weight loss journey to health is never ending....it's a new lifestyle with new partners and you are all my partners.

<3 Barbie
  • titianwasp
    titianwasp Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Beszmytke, Caliecat! Happy to be here!
  • beszmytke
    beszmytke Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Waiting for the game to begin! Go Wings!

vcvx1kl6y6m9.jpg
    image.jpg 1004.4K
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    hope they win.
    marie
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Kenea993 wrote: »
    Weigh in day for me!
    Loss this week if 1.6 lb. Total loss 12.4 lbs :)
    Awesome! You're going to be so excited that you're doing this when your wedding day comes. :)

• rayw89
    Options
    I thought I'd show you all a picture of my "Faked potato" soup I made for dinner, with help from my new food processor. :D
    It's made with cauliflower and coconut milk, with a little "I can't believe it's not butter", celery salt, sea salt, pepper and garlic powder, green onions, reduced fat shredded sharp cheddar, and (bacon free)bacon bits. This bowl comes in around 120 calories(1 cup).

img
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    when I know we are going out for dinner, I usually look up menu on line and get a pretty good idea what I'm going to order before we go. it helps me plan my day and enjoy my meal out:)

stephanie
  • babebump
    babebump Posts: 2
    Options
    I just had a baby a month ago and im trying to lose 15 pounds
  • eatless83
    eatless83 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Morning All!

A big huge thanks to Connie and Tami for taking the time to look through my food diary and suggest ideas to get the scales moving I really do appreciate the time you have spared me!

I have changed up my marcos and will be focusing on more protein and less carbs, and actual 'real foods' ..lets see those scales going down from here on in!

Faked Potato looks fab I will be trying that one Ray!

Have a great Thursday my friends...not long until the weekend ;-)

Faye

• rayw89
    Options
    Now I just want a bowl of melty cheese and bacon bits, haha.
    So we got dumped on pretty quickly in the last few hours, so far there's probably 4-5 inches of accumulation, and it literally isn't stopping for a minute. I've decided I feel like hibernating tomorrow and don't want to trudge through the snow to get to the gym. So I think I'll do a P90X workout in the comfort of my own home instead. I haven't done P90X in a couple of years, but I do have a favorite workout from the series(45 min. Cardio), so I'm kind of excited for it. :) Hopefully the kitties will stay clear. Haha.
  • sparklecomet
    sparklecomet Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    beszmytke wrote: »
    Sophie, my lifelong dream is to see Ireland, and so your trip this weekend sounds amazing! When I get my husband talked into taking a few weeks to go, I will have to ask you for tips on must-sees and must-stays! Have a great and lovely time!

Happy Hump Day, all!

Belinda

Oh you must come visit at somepoint. I would recommend the summer time since the weather would be nicer. I've never been to Kerry before so I'm very excited. I can give you plenty of must-see's and must-stay's though. The west coast of Ireland is amazing and Galway city is super cute! I'm proud to say we have some pretty wonderful things to see!
  • LinCharpentier
    LinCharpentier Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Well here I am back again. I just can't go it alone. Went to tops last night and i'm back to my heaviest. Sorry but there's no way 20 for easter just won't happen for me. Congrats to all that are doing great. Going to aim for a loss for next thursday for sure. Been downstairs to weigh and did 10 min. of balance already so a good start to my day.

See you all lighter.
  • angawilson
    angawilson Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Well here I am back again. I just can't go it alone. Went to tops last night and i'm back to my heaviest. Sorry but there's no way 20 for easter just won't happen for me. Congrats to all that are doing great. Going to aim for a loss for next thursday for sure. Been downstairs to weigh and did 10 min. of balance already so a good start to my day.

See you all lighter.

glad you are back, we have 4 weeks until Easter so make a goal of 4 pound loss. you can do it.
    Angie
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Thursday!

Lin.. No worries, many of us will not make the 20 pound goal, but that's okay. When I joined, 3 weeks after Marie started it, I knew 20 pounds was a stretch for me. But I wanted to be a part of a group of people who are supportive and motivating to help me stayed focus on the day-to-day struggle, and they did. (I have lost 11 pounds.) Plus, coming here each morning and returning throughout the day helps me stay connected and encouraged to keep on keeping on. So come more often and let us be your cheerleaders, too! (*)

Welcome, Babebump!
    Ray..thanks for the recipe!

Marie..where are you?

It's cloudy but warm here today. Cold coming in late and very cold tomorrow. I hope everyone has a great day wherever you are.

Stay strong!
    Connie

• elleallegro
    elleallegro Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Is it too late for me to join in? 20 pounds isn't plausible at this point, but I'd like to lose as much as I can.
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Connie..........................Here I am. Been watching all the folks on TV trying to get around in Dallas on these icy snowie roads. wrecks everywhere. Terrible. And we are headed right into spring. I hope.. Crazy weather
    I also been reading the 20 20 diet book by Dr. phil. Quite interesting. I think I am taking a break from 1-1-1- for 5 days to see how phase one work out for me. phase one only last 5 days. I think . just sort of testing out. It is suppose to help water retention. and that I need help on very bad. I hate relying on these water pills. Also think I need to shake things up a bit.

<3 marie