• rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Nice!
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Wow been out grocer shopping and doctor appt and you all gang up on me I got 24 post to read to catch up with you. So I will get to reading. I will be back after I see what you guys got to say. I have heard a few compliments of our Easter Thread here. about it being the best. I agree whole hardly but its is the members here that are so great. Everybody standing behind one another. Gotta go read.
    See you later
    marie
  • LinCharpentier
    LinCharpentier Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Hello again doing just fine today. Holding in there had liver and onions for lunch at restaurant fitness pal gave 470 calories. That's fine. I wasn't hungry for a three o'clock snack and skipped my 10 o'clock one. Met a friend who felt lonely today so I asked if she wanted to join me for lunch. We had a great old chat. Did me good and hopefully lefted her up also.
    And now the grandkids will me here in min. They get off the bus here. And they want a snack as soon as they get off the bus.

Belinda
    That looks like a giant skating rink behind your place.

Shirley
    Just don't let those few holiday lbs get friendly with the other unwanted lbs and they will leave fast. Take care.

See you all lighter
    Linda
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    What a site Belinda. never seen nothing like that before. Thanks sweetie for sharing.
  • tenpets
    tenpets Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    beszmytke wrote: »
    Happy Friday! Cathleen, welcome and know you are among friends! Becky, I hope you are feeling better today - that flu bug is rough :(

Valerie, it was nice to hear from you again. It does always seem that problems come all at once, and that can be overwhelming. Sometimes it comes down to hanging on just one minute at a time, but you will get through. Hoping for nothing but sunshine and roses for you and your family now!

I started with one smoothie yesterday, as the Nutribullet guidelines say to work up to 2 or 3 per day. It tasted great (the green color was a little off-putting, but I can get used to it!), and I want to try different variations. I ordered the book Cristina used, and will be start reading that tonight. Hopefully, I'll be as successful as she was with it!

Be well today!

Belinda
    Belinda,

You have a jump start on me as I've not gotten the book yet. Let us know each day how you're doing. I hope to feel better soon and begin early next week. Hoping for great success in many ways for each of us!

Becky
  • msshugar2u
    msshugar2u Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Shalom Losers, I am a late comer, but I hope to lose a close to 20 lbs as possible. Is it unheard of to lose a pound a day? I'm going to try but I'm not going to starve myself. I've been posting and returned for the past 10 days. Im now in it MFP for the long haul. Wishing everyone that their weight be as they wish. I've lost 4 pounds since starting (thats not 1 a day) but its a start. now to learn how to include that scale or ticker.
  • rayw89
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Wow, the day really got away from me, it's after 11:00 and I've had less than 600 calories today. I stayed busy with cleaning and cooking for a good part of the day, and am excited to say I made homemade Hummus tonight! My husband loved it, I think I'll add some more spices the next time. I also made a double-pot of kale and pinto bean soup(with a bunch of other veggies). That should last me for atleast 4-5 days I think. I bought a mega bag of fresh spinach and some tofu tonight, so I'm excited to make some spinach and banana smoothies, with some peanut powder and a little soft tofu to add creaminess. I think I'll do that for breakfast tomorrow, and make some spinach/mushroom/onion omelets for lunch tomorrow. We'll be going out tomorrow night so I have to make sure I hit the gym and save some calories. It should be a good day! I might be getting some new walking/running shoes tomorrow, yay! :D
    Now to go fill in those calories...
  • rayw89
    Options
    Hi, msshugar! Realistically a pound a day would be unhealthy weight loss. But I bet you could do 2-3 lbs. a week if you stay dedicated! Don't worry about reaching 20 lbs. in time for Easter, just do your best, and then slide right on into the 4th of July challenge. You could definitely lose 20 lbs. by then! :)
  • msshugar2u
    msshugar2u Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks Rayw. Somehow I thought it was not recommended. Let me see if I can get a ticker posted. Glad to be a part of a group.43202443.png
  • rayw89
    Options
    Oh you can definitely lose 25 lbs. by July 4th. Just in time for summer!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    msshugar2u wrote: »
    Thanks Rayw. Somehow I thought it was not recommended. Let me see if I can get a ticker posted. Glad to be a part of a group.43202443.png

Hi Msshugar welcome to our thread.
    interest in how you got your ticker on the forum. did you copy and paste it. The only way I know how to do it. There have not been much very much change on mine since I join MFP over 6 years ago. But I never five up . Keep on trying. Could you sing your name that you want us to call you at the end of your post. Sure would help in getting to know you better.
    Thanks.
    marie

• wheatlessgirl66
    wheatlessgirl66 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Morning, all---
    Erica, thanks for the welcome---and excellent that you've lost 2 lbs. this week!

Learning the ropes here and didn't include my stats before.
    SW 236
    CW 224 (down 1 lb this morning)
    Easter goal 220
    UGW 140

I think/hope eating very low carbs and upping fat is finally the thing that my body responds to. Goodness knows I've tried everything else. Can't wait to get under 200!

Hope you're all headed into a great weekend. It's supposed to get a little warmer here in WI. I'm ready to get back outside in some sunshine.

Ellen
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Good morning, losers and MORE new people! Happy Saturday!
    Early congrats to all who weigh today and have a loss. :)

If you haven't lost, just keep on keeping on! If you need some motivation, go shopping in your closet! ;) I shopped in mine the other day, and it was just what I needed!

It is so awesome to have new folks join, and we look forward to having you continue with us when we start our new challenge in just a few short weeks!

The sun is out here today..Yay B) ...and I plan to do some housework since I can now clearly see the floors. :)

I hope all of you wonderful, productive, and mindful day!

Stay strong!
    <3 Connie

• Kenea993
    Kenea993 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Good morning losers!

Haven't been on much lately because if all my midterms and starting a new job. I have been very busy but I am stuck losing weight so I'm happy. Even though it's not my weigh in day I was so excited this morning when I jumped on the scale and the scale said 209.8 I am in the single digits! I well be under 200 in no time! I'm so ready to get rid of that blasted 2.

Going to Zumba this morning and have orientation for my new job! Going to be working at old navy and I love their work out clothes so super excited about this discount thing.

Welcome all new comers! And congrats to all the losers.
    Glad you have water again Shirley! And those four pounds will run away before you know it.

Msshugar how did you get that bar on there? Would like to have one of those!

Keep up all the great work!
  • tenpets
    tenpets Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Good morning, everyone. Well, even with being sick and eating very little for the past three days, I did not lose anything! Ugh. In a famine, I would surely out survive everyone I know. LOL. I am 75% Irish, so it must be in my genes from my great grandparents who endured the great potato famine. ;)

I'm happy the green smoothie book will arrive today. I plan to start with one green smoothie tomorrow, two on Monday and then go into the full cleanse on Tuesday. I think my stomach should be ready for that by tomorrow. Still running a fever and coughing, but feel as though I'm moving into the final phase of this illness.

Welcome to all the newcomers and congratulations to all those who have lost this week! A huge congratulations to those who have already reached the 20 lb loss goal for this challenge!! (*)

Have a great weekend,

Becky in "getting warmer Maryland"
  • wheatlessgirl66
    Options
    Adding ticker, hope this works :)
    39888121.png
  • CALIECAT
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Becky I had the ingredient for a smoothie all but the spinach. I just had a bowl of greek yogurt, 1 T flax seed, fruit salad 1/2 scroop of jay Robb protein powder . just stir toether May make a smoothie at lunchtime using some frozen spinach.I have some frozen peaches to use in it.

Keep us inform on your doings.
    love marie
  • wheatlessgirl66
    edited March 2015
    Options
    FYI--tickers are found by clicking APPS, then look for TICKERS. It will tell you how to do it. To add it to your post signature, copy and paste it into the comment box. Use the BBCode.

Ellen
    39888121.png
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    FYI--tickers are found by clicking APPS, then look for TICKERS. It will tell you how to do it. To add it to your post signature, copy and paste it into the comment box. Use the BBCode.

Ellen
    39888121.png

Thats is the only way I found to get it on your forum to copy and paste. eveytime you want it to show up.

when we start our July challenge I want to have my ticker set at 20 lbs. So going to have to check into that.To see how to do it. We are going for 20 lbs challenge aren't we connie?

marie

• wheatlessgirl66
    Options
    Yeah, apparently MFP is working on a fix that will automatically post it after each comment. Until then, not worth it.

Marie, I like your 20 lb ticker idea. Mine is too daunting--made me groan. Will change. Thanks.

Ellen