20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Morning,

Our temperatures will be above 30F for the next few days. Maybe some of this snow will melt.
    Also the frost will melt too below the surface which is causing all our water problems.

Today is my hubby's 65th birthday and we will be going out to dinner tonight with friends.
    I will try and eat responsibly and they are getting him a cake. I am down a pound this morning and
    I hope to see a loss by next Friday which is my weigh in day.

Everyone is doing great and posting here everyday and reading everyone's days is helping us keep going, as Connie's says, keep on keeping on. It is a journey with a destination hopefully.

I will be getting on my bike this morning and finishing up vacation laundry.

Have a wonderful day !

Shirley
    Ontario, Canada
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    FYI--tickers are found by clicking APPS, then look for TICKERS. It will tell you how to do it. To add it to your post signature, copy and paste it into the comment box. Use the BBCode.

Ellen
    39888121.png

Thats is the only way I found to get it on your forum to copy and paste. eveytime you want it to show up.

when we start our July challenge I want to have my ticker set at 20 lbs. So going to have to check into that.To see how to do it. We are going for 20 lbs challenge aren't we connie?

marie

That's a good question, Marie!

There are 13 weeks from Monday, April 6 to Monday, July 6.
    There were 17 weeks from the time you started this one (December 6) until Easter.

My thoughts were to either stay with the 20 or set our own individual goal. What do y'all think?

Connie

• rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I like the 20 myself, it keeps me from having too low of a goal. Though if I hit the Easter goal I'll only need to lose another 15 lbs. in my journey. But I'm thinking I might come in a little above for Easter.
  • titianwasp
    titianwasp Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hey all, not posting stats...too much stress and PMT this week. Trying to keep up with the thread so I am back on my game when my last exam is over (Monday). Love reading about the successes. Keep it going guys...you don't always know how inspiring you can be.
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    I will go along with whatever.
    Marie
  • Kenea993
    Kenea993 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I like the unified goal then I won't "accidentally" change my goal. I think it us definitely disable if you really out your mind to it. And will definitely help keep motivation knowing there isn't as much time to lose that 20lbs.
    Just my opinion though :)
    Off to orientation

So long for now,

Jordan
  • lovesretirement
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Lol... "Accidentally" change ... I had not thought about that!

It rings true, though, I joined 2 1/2 weeks after Marie started it. I knew chances of my losing that much were slim because I'm a slow loser, but it did not alter my motivation to shoot for it.
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hope Everyone is having a great Saturday. Beautiful day with warm temp.

Connie, Doesn't matter to me either. I know I will not come close to losing 20 lbs. but I plan to be here
    for a long time. The accountability factor is so important to me.

Welcome to our new people.

Congrats to you who lost at your weigh in.

Nancy

• lovesretirement
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Yes, Nancy, accountability, motivation, and encouragment in a warm environment are the elements that kept me coming back, and who created that environment? <3 MARIE <3

I can't thank you enough, fearless leader!
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Connie, Ditto to all you said. I need all of those elements to be successful and I am so grateful that I found this
    site.
    Yes, I agree that Marie was such a sweetheart in welcoming me to this thread and continues to be such a great leader.
    Then you were right there to welcome me and to encourage and y'all introduced me to the One One One Plan.
    Now we have such a great group that continue to bring new ideas that enhance our weight loss journey.
    It's a Win, Win situation!!!
    Thanks to all,
    Nancy
  • eileenjez
    eileenjez Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi All, I agree with the 20# goal. Not that I'm going to make it either but it is a start. The day is starting out to be great here. Our temps are in the mid 30's and we have some major melt going on. Just possible to see most of our snow gone by mid week and for North Dakota that's saying something.
    SW185
    CW177
    GW 150
    It looks like I lost a lot of weight but I've been out of it for the past 3 days so I'm not counting on the 177 to stick around for long. Last week at 182 so 5#s is a lot to loose in so short a time. We'll see how this week goes.

eileen
  • lovesretirement
    edited March 2015
    Options
    If you guys need to put your lost pounds in perspective go to ilostwhat.com for a humorous view.
  • tenpets
    tenpets Posts: 423 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I got my green smoothie cleanse book today and went to the store to buy for the first 5 days. The check out girl asked if I was doing the 10 day green smoothie challenge! She said her mom and friends did it in the past and lost lots of weight. She said her mom and dad were starting it together tomorrow. LOL. I'm excited to feel more energized! My hubby wants the smoothies, too, but he has to eat lots in addition to prevent weight loss. He is 6'4" and 164 lb! Opposites attract! ;-)

Connie and Marie, even though it's just 13 weeks for the next challenge, I, too think it should still be 20lbs. Gives us a big goal toward which to strive!

Becky in MD
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Well said Becky,,Me too
    marie
  • beszmytke
    beszmytke Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I posted this morning, but now do not see what I wrote! Oh well! Becky, I responded in that ghost post about my progress and here is what I said: First smoothie on Thursday, lost a pound by Friday AM. Smoothie for Friday breakfast, and I lost another pound by this AM. I posted the ingredients for my smoothie, and they were: 2 handfuls washed spinach, 1/2 cored apple, 1/2 Bosc pear,2 strawberries, 1 banana, 1/2 cup pineapple (in the one I made today I added a handful of sunflower seeds). That should bring you to the MAX line for ingredients. Then I filled to the MAX line with water, and blasted it.

You could always make your husband's with some ice cream :D !

Everyone is doing so well, and I am so happy for all the losers - what a rockin' group we are B) !

Be well,
    Belinda
  • beszmytke
    Options
    81109869.png
  • beszmytke
    Options
    Oh, PS Connie and Marie, I too would like to stick with the 20 lb goal for the Fit for the Fourth challenge - I do think that it gives me greater incentive to keep reaching for it, even though I might not make it. If I chose 10 or 15 I think I would subconsciously slack off!
    - Just my $.02
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Belinda sounds like you are doing great.on the smoothies. May just have to try it. If I can add all of my 1-1-1- requirement in it. Anybody got a recipe for a 1-1-1- smootjies. for a complete meal. Lets see what might work. I scoop of protein powder.... for the protein
    Mixed of frozen fruit 1 c for the carb....1 T. Ground flax seeds for the fat...1 cup of frozen spinach for a vegies.,..........Any one else got any ideals.?
    Keep us informed on the smoothies.I need to figure the calories up on it. I do have this all on hand so could have it for breakfast in the morning.

marie
  • rayw89
    Options
    If you guys need to put your lost pounds in perspective go to ilostwhat.com for a humorous view.

I love this! I've lost the same as a Car Tire! I guess that was my spare, haha!
  • rayw89
    Options
    So, I went out tonight to support a friend's band, and do you know what I wore? My size 10 jeans that stopped fitting me several months ago. Oh yeah! My size 12's are too large on me now, I have to use the 3rd notch in my belt now when I wear them(I started on notch 1).

Belinda, your smoothie weight loss is great! I did a smoothie cleanse once, where all I had to eat was 3 smoothies a day. I made sure to get adequate calories each day from them, and lost between 10-15 lbs.(can't remember exact number) in those 2 weeks. I didn't change my eating habits after the cleanse though, so they came back. :/ I'm still a smoothie advocate though! Had one myself for breakfast this morning.