20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• sparklecomet
    sparklecomet Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! =) I'm back from Kerry and getting ready to work super hard from today on to bounce back from the horrible overeating I've been doing over the weekend! I'm not going to weight in this week so I don't feel too discouraged. Back to healthy eating from today on!

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!

Sophie
  • tenpets
    tenpets Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Today seems a bit easier on the cleanse, and I think I can stick to the full 10 days. Even with still coughing a lot, I'm starting to feel a bit detoxed... clearer... if that makes sense. For dinner, I had to have a plate of something with my hubby and son who were eating peas and sharing a rack of lamb, so I had a huge plate of lettuce with just one TBS of red wine vinagrette. It satisfied my need to have a "meal."

Start of cleanse Day 1 180.6
    Start of Day 2 178.9 = 1.7 lb loss
    Start of Day 3 178.5 = 2.1 lb loss

Hope you all have a great day!

Becky in MD
  • cristina0000
    cristina0000 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    tenpets wrote: »
    Good morning! Today seems a bit easier on the cleanse, and I think I can stick to the full 10 days. Even with still coughing a lot, I'm starting to feel a bit detoxed... clearer... if that makes sense. For dinner, I had to have a plate of something with my hubby and son who were eating peas and sharing a rack of lamb, so I had a huge plate of lettuce with just one TBS of red wine vinagrette. It satisfied my need to have a "meal."

Start of cleanse Day 1 180.6
    Start of Day 2 178.9 = 1.7 lb loss
    Start of Day 3 178.5 = 2.1 lb loss

Hope you all have a great day!

Becky in MD

Are you doing the 10 day smoothie cleanse?

Looks like you are getting great results! I did the modified smoothie cleanse and lose one pound a day.
  • cristina0000
    Options
    Belinda, great job with your smoothies! I just started this morning and it was delicious! I also had a hot cup of berry detox tea and a glass of water. I have hard boiled eggs, cucumbers, celery, carrots, almonds, and apples should I feel the need for a snack between my three smoothies for the day. I will take my measurements now and pics to compare when I'm finished.

Msladypirate, great job getting out and giving the cookies to the girls! Keep the faith, things can only get better, right? :-)

Ray, great job getting into your size 10s! I'm in 12 now and look forward to buying some new clothes in the near future! :smiley:

Have a great day,

Becky in MD

Never mind...I haven't been on this board for a couple days. I got my answer now.
    I drinking the Yogi detox teas. I absolutely love them. You will do great on this cleanse whether you do 2 or 3 smoothies a day. Much better when you can do 3 though. Good luck!
  • cristina0000
    Options
    I ordered the 10 day green smooothie cleanse book and some detox tea. I will go into this well prepared with all the veggies and fruits as well as getting myself mentally prepared to push through the rough spots. I will let you know when I begin and how it goes. Wish me luck, as I know I could use a detox. Hubby and I enjoy our coffees in the morning and nice wine with dinner. I'm looking forward to feeling more energetic and leaner at the end. Weight loss will just be an added benefit. :-)

You will do fine...I don't even crave sugar anymore. That was my downfall...turns out most of the so called healthy choices I was making had way too much sugar added to it.

The first couple days were the hardest for me. Hopefully you can do the full cleanse ( 3 smoothies a day) you will have a much greater weightloss if you do. I lost 10 lbs and was happy with that but if I could have done 3 smoothies vice 2, it would have been even greater.

If you want to see others that have done it, there's a Facebook group also for that book, the results of some people are absolutely amazing!

Good Luck!

Cristina,

I do plan to do the full 3 smoothies a day with snacks between that are allowed, if needed. I've been home ill for the last two days and today I'm no better. I've spent the past two days pretty much in bed all day. Good thing yesterday and today are snow days, so I didn't have to use sick time.

My book is to arrive tomorrow, but I have to feel better before I can begin. Can't look at food right now. I hope to feel better by the weekend, get out to the store and buy what I need for the smoothies and snacks, and begin on Monday. We'll see how fast I get better from this upper respiratory/stomach bug.

I will have to check out the FB page for this cleanse. I'm really excited to try this. My daughter loves making smoothies for her family.

Have a great day and weekend, everyone!

Becky, in snow covered MD!

Have you looked at the Facebook page yet...it absolutely amazes me to see the results on there1
  • tenpets
    Options
    Have you looked at the Facebook page yet...it absolutely amazes me to see the results on there1[/quote]

Cristina,

I have visited the FB page. It is a wonderful resource. I'm hoping for a great jump start!

Becky
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Morning,

Trying to get back to normal this week after vacation. It has been a challenge. I also have one smoothie a day usually at breakfast and sometimes at lunch when I don't feel like a salad. I did get on the scale and am down a pound so its the right way any how.

Becky - good luck with the cleanse I hope it works. I don't think I could do it for all 3 meals. I have done it for 2 meals and that was hard but I did see results.

Going for a walk this morning, I know its cold but the temps are getting warmer and the snow is melting.

Shirley
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!!!
    Hope everyone is having a good day with the scales!!!
    Connie, I share you thought on evil scales.
    I was not able to weigh in this morning as I am not home.
    Marie, Hope you will get a good report from your eye doctor.
    Nancy
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    I guess I did get a good report the pressure in my eyes went down So the new drops is working that he started me on in Dec. doing its job. So will take it another 4 months and go back to see him July. Still noting to help me see any better. I don't think there is anything to restore my vision. I am really having a problem reading what I type. But the dilated eyes is still in effect.
    Marie
  • KazzBeDoinIt
    KazzBeDoinIt Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Let me in on this : )
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Marie - That will wear off soon and you will be able to see much clearer.
    Glad to hear your appt was good and pressures are down.

Shirley
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I over ate at lunch today. Alice and I went to El Fenix (my faverite Mexican restaurant) overate on the chips. So I will follow suit and have a Shakes tonight, I think the smoothies must be a power ful tool.
    my smoothie tonight is going be 1/2 c greek plain yogurt- Protein1/2 c skim milk-protein. 1 cup of frozen peaches-carbs 1 T ground flax seeds fat 1 cup of frozen Kale serving of vegies 1 Pkg of splenda. 1/2 c water

maie
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Hi Marie! Glad you had a positive eye doc appointment and a great lunch with your daughter! Eating out is hard, and when those chips are on the table, that's extra hard. You probably did better than you think. Have your smoothie and drink lots of water! <3
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Marie-glad the pressure in your eye went down.
    Connie-sorry the scale, stayed the same this week.
    Becky-glad to see the smoothies are working for you.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Becky do you have a link to that facebook page
  • tenpets
    Options
    Marie, the FB page is https://www.facebook.com/groups/Green.Smoothie.Cleanse/ I'm glad your eye pressures are good. It's so hard when our vision isn't what it was all those years ago! Hang in there, hopefully your vision will improve by your July visit.

Connie, I was stuck for 4 weeks. Hang in there! Maybe a shake up is in order. It seems to be helping me (although it's early to say for sure).

I realize the mornings and afternoons are easy, but the nights are really hard on this cleanse. After a crazy busy day at work, I just want to come home, make a delicious (healthy) dinner and enjoy that and a glass of wine with my DH.

I am determined to stick it out as long as I can! Day four tomorrow... thank heavens, come on Day 11!! :-)

Becky
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Smoothies cleanses are hard, Becky. The first time I did one it was easy and great, and I loved it. The second time I tried, I quit after 2 days, I just couldn't do it a second time. And the night time is the hardest! Try having an herbal tea ritual for night time.

Well the scale has been stuck for me for the last few days. I'm hoping after so many mornings of disappointing weigh-ins I'll step on the scale and see mega-pounds lost all the sudden. Haha.
    I'm glad I'm on MFP, I think this would've been around the time I would've normally fallen off the wagon, or gotten really down on myself. And I'm really glad I'm part of this group. <3
  • eatless83
    eatless83 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone

I am jumping on the band wagon with the smoothie thing! I purchased the book a couple of days ago so just waiting for my mum to send it out to me. All I have to do now is find a store out here that does the ingredients??? I have seen a few posts and thought where the hell am I going to find those!

When there is a will there is a way!!

I had a loss on Sunday of 1.1lbs but the following day it went up but half of that but that's still a loss of .6lb in my book which I will gladly take

Stay losing my friends

Faye

• Kenea993
    Kenea993 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Marie I'm glad your doctor's appointment went well. You and your family are in my thoughts.

Congrats to ask the losses! it sends like this smoothie cleanse it's working for a lot if people n thinking i may have to try it out.

i'm almost done with midterms. the stress is really high and I'm fighting the stress eating so much and I'm still giving in a bit. I skipped pilates and zumba last night cause I was studying and lost track of time. I'm planning on doing a few extra classes one my midterms are over and I'm on spring break. Sorry I'm not checking in as often!
    Weigh in tomorrow. I'm a little nervous with how my eating and stress has been.

Jordan.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,962 Member
    Options
    :D We're back after a trip to Utah where we spent time with friends. We were north of SLC where we could see the mountains that are so beautiful. I met my step goal every day and chose wisely from restaurant menus along with eating the food I brought with me. Even so, my scale was up three pounds this morning. It felt so good to be back to my regular eating and exercising routine today. The pets missed us and have been hanging around us all day.

The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT.

<3 Barbie