20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Marie..that is a good plan because the scales are evil >:)! I was really frustrated last week, but when I put on the size smaller dressy black pants today for church AND my jacket was looser, I felt a whole lot better! :D
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Wheatless..you choose your own day...we're all about support and encouragement, not rules. <3

nice saying Connie I like that.
    marie
  • wheatlessgirl66
    wheatlessgirl66 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Wheatless..you choose your own day...we're all about support and encouragement, not rules. <3

Thanks, Connie. I'm lovin' all the support and encouragement I see happening here. <3
  • lovesretirement
    edited March 2015
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »

nice saying Connie I like that.
    marie

Those are your words, Marie...you said something very similar in the early days of this thread..one of the reasons I joined it! <3
  • CALIECAT
    edited March 2015
    Options
    That's exactly the way I feel about this thread. Rules are made to be broken . Motivational , encouragement and support comes from the heart. Bless you Connie <3 Thanks all of you Challengers for making this a great Place to hang out at. Love it love you all too.
    Marie
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I love this group so much, too. <3 I've seen how negative it can get in other parts of this forum, and it just makes me appreciate you all and this group so much.
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I agree with ray. Words of encouragement work better than numbers on a scale.
  • lovesretirement
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Monday!

Another glorious day and week is ahead of us as we continue to eat healthily and move our bodies. Hopefully, the sun will be out B) and the temps will be warmer for those of you in colder climates. If not, it's all good because you can still use this day that has been given to you. <3

I'm on my way to the gym..will check back later.
    Stay strong!
    <3 Connie
  • Kenea993
    Kenea993 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

I this group! So supportive and encouraging! Keeps me coming back.

Today I have my first shift at my new job. Still in training with coaches but is my first time actually working the store so I'm excited and I think I'm make it back just in time for zumba. Going to miss pilates but at least I can get something in. :) worst comes to worst I'm on spring break so I'm going to an additional class tomorrow that I normally can't go to cause I'm in class. But hopefully I'll get both in :)

Have a wonderful and healthy day!

Jordan
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! What a beautiful day.
    Looking forward to a great week of healthy eating and exercise.
    My weigh in tomorrow and hoping it want be too much in the wrong direction.
    Hope everyone will have a good week.
    Nancy

• CALIECAT
    Options
    I have been up a while but been hanging out with hubby we both had breakfast. He went and check the grass still to wet to cut.
    So no plans today Just a much needed rest . Enjoy my son visit very much. He stopped and pick up dinner on his way here One of the veggies I really like Was the boil cabbage and I look it up on the internet and there was the recipe call soulman's boil cabbage, So tomorrow will be picking up all the ingredient Was really good over brown and wild rice. or I may just go bye and pick up some more from them. That would be easier . it is a BBQ place so it has those hot peppers in it

See you all later
    Marie
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Love this thread and with our fearless leaders, Marie and Connie it keeps me coming back.
    Love you guys <3

Marie, your meal sounds yummy. I love cabbage and with South Beach we have cabbage salad more than usual. I found President's Choice coleslaw dressing and really like it. It is a Canadian brand.

Well my weekend was a bust as far as calories go. My hubby was away and I played with food. :s I had popcorn 2 nights while watching TV and he came home last night with peanuts and I had some last night too. Well, I got on the scale this morning and was disheartened but I knew to expect it higher.

Back on track this week, today not feeling great, kind of achy. So just coasting today and skipping exercise but will be back at it tomorrow if all goes well.

Shirley

• Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone :D. Life has been a little crazy the past two weeks, plus I had changed up my calories by 50/day and macros upping my carbs a bit to my forever % so I skipped weighing last week. I was looking forward to this morning just hoping for a little something and was surprised to see a solid 2 pound loss from two weeks ago. This puts me within 2 pounds of kissing the "overweight" BMI category goodbye forever <3

SW 150
    CSW 147 (1/7/15)
    CW 130 (3/16/15) 17 lbs for the challenge, Yippee!
    CGW 127
    GW 120ish

We had an awful storm this weekend with buckets of rain and winds around 50 mph, so I'm scrambling to find a roofer this morning for the house I'm getting ready to sell :s Wouldn't ya just know! Oh well....

I need to get back here soon so I can catch up with everyone <3. Have a GREAT Monday!!!

Tami
  • CALIECAT
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Tami so glad you are back and wonderful on the 2 pound lost. fantastic You go girl. :D smiling for you.
    Marie
  • benians
    benians Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm really late in jumping into this board, but I've decided that I'll try the challenge! Since I haven't got as much time left, however, I'm going to try to lose 5lbs from now to Easter.
    I started college in late January though, and already I've lost 10lbs from the uphill walking and better eating habits. So in a way, I suppose I'm not that far behind. (;
    Time for me to skim later posts and see everyone's progress!
  • AlexisMichele93
    AlexisMichele93 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!! I was wondering if I could join into this challenge. :) Since I'm so late I don't think I can do 20 lbs, but I would like to be down 4 (putting me into onederland!!) I've just started on MFP about a week ago and lost 2 lbs, so I'm hoping I can keep that up. I'm 5"8, currently 203. My ultimate goal is 180 and then maybe reevaluate for an even lower number. I enjoy reading all of your posts, they're so uplifting and filled with emojis to make me feel happy and motivated! Thanks for sharing your day to day, it really helps to inspire.
  • lovesretirement
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Welcome, new folks! Jump right on in as we are glad to have you! Our new challenge will begin the day this one ends which is Monday, April
    Tami...congrats on the 2 pounds!
    Connie
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Happy Happy Monday! It's my first day of school, woo! I don't have to be there til around 5:00, so I'm going to the park first with my hubby on this beautiful sunny day! And I've even made room in my calories for a small ice cream cone from Dairy Queen, it's free cone day today! :D (230 calories, btw)
    I haven't read all the posts yet, but I hope everyone is having a great day! (*)
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hi everyone!!! I was wondering if I could join into this challenge. :) Since I'm so late I don't think I can do 20 lbs, but I would like to be down 4 (putting me into onederland!!) I've just started on MFP about a week ago and lost 2 lbs, so I'm hoping I can keep that up. I'm 5"8, currently 203. My ultimate goal is 180 and then maybe reevaluate for an even lower number. I enjoy reading all of your posts, they're so uplifting and filled with emojis to make me feel happy and motivated! Thanks for sharing your day to day, it really helps to inspire.

welcome Alexis happy to see you join MFP and glad you chose us to be your buddy my name is Marie and you will hear from me a lot. I am 84 years of age. the oldest one here on this thread. I belong to the 1-1-1- plan group, The Golden Sneakers group and of course this one. Which is the best thing ever happen to me make your self at home here. if we can be any help let us know. <3 Marie.

• eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    What a beautiful warm day in Mississippi.
    Feels good to be back on track. Had a good work out on my bike today.
    Welcome to our new people, hope you find strength from this group.
    Nancy