20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Saturday!

Linda...wonderful...if you can do it once, you can do it again! ;)
    Becky...ALWAYS do what feels right for YOUR body! Smart decision! <3
    Nancy..have a good trip back. Don't worry about the scales; it is wwater weight from food you don't normally eat. The bonding with your sister is what's important. :)

It's cloudy and rainy today, but we will forge ahead using the day we've been given.

I hope everyone has a wonderful, productive, and mindful day!
    Stay strong!
    Connie
  • tenpets
    tenpets Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    rayw89 wrote: »
    Becky, don't worry about it! I was going to offer some insight into the smoothie cleanse, but I wanted you to experience it for yourself. I knew it was probably also a determination thing and not just a weight loss challenge for you. I think you made a healthy decision!

Ray, feel free to friend me and PM me to share your experience. I'd really like to hear your perspective.

Thanks!

Becky
  • mrsmuckster
    mrsmuckster Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    tenpets wrote: »
    So, I've decided to move to the modified green smoothie cleanse to include a normal healthy dinner starting tonight Day 6. I just don't like that my body fat percentage is climbing and that I'm eating well under 1,000 calories a day. I've always known that no one should eat less than 1,200-1,300 calories a day. Physiologically it's going to lead to a slower metabolism and muscle loss without enough protein intake.

I never had detox symptoms, so I haven't gotten the detox benefit effect. I do feel less bloated, but I believe I'll have similar results with eating dinner instead of a smoothie.

Hoping I keep what I've lost, but even if I don't I'd rather keep losing the way I was with simple healthy eating, tracking all food, and moving.

I'll still update the modified results. Hope I didn't let any of you down, but this is the right choice for me.

Have a great Friday night and weekend, friends!!! <3

Becky

How do you measure your body fat? What type of scale do you use?
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Becky good morning
    you made a wise decision God did not meant for us to live on Mike shakes alone or He would not have given us all of the wonderful food here on this beautiful earth here Just keep it is portion control
    You got a wonderful looking family
    my son is coming in today from ST Louis. looking forward to that visit.
    marie
  • tenpets
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Connie, you are the BEST! I get so much inspiration from your posts!

Mrsmuckster, I have a Fitbit One and the Fitbit Aria scale. It measures my weight and BF % and then automatically syncs it into my Fitbit Dashboard and into MFP. I LOVE it!

Marie, you are right. Portion control is key. Enjoy your visit with your son. Family is everything!!!

I really enjoy the smoothies for breakfast and lunch and will likely continue those for quite some time to get all those wonderful vitamins and minerals. Today's is delicious with 2 handfuls spring mix and 2 handfuls spinach, 2 c water, 1 banana, 1.5 c pineapple chunks, 1.5 c mango chunks, 1 c mixed berries (all frozen), and 2 TBS ground flaxseed. MMMMmmmm.

Becky
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    hw528wrqafhn.jpg

my 2 months old great grandson , Grayson weigh 14.5 pounds.
    how about 'em dimples and fat cheeks
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    He's a cutie, Marie!
  • eatless83
    eatless83 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    He looks like such a happy little baby!!

So cute
  • tenpets
    Options
    Marie, Grayson is adorable!!! He looks like he was cooing with delight at the face of someone he loves! Grandbabies are the best!
  • cristina0000
    cristina0000 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    So, I've decided to move to the modified green smoothie cleanse to include a normal healthy dinner starting tonight Day 6. I just don't like that my body fat percentage is climbing and that I'm eating well under 1,000 calories a day. I've always known that no one should eat less than 1,200-1,300 calories a day. Physiologically it's going to lead to a slower metabolism and muscle loss without enough protein intake.

I never had detox symptoms, so I haven't gotten the detox benefit effect. I do feel less bloated, but I believe I'll have similar results with eating dinner instead of a smoothie.

Hoping I keep what I've lost, but even if I don't I'd rather keep losing the way I was with simple healthy eating, tracking all food, and moving.

I'll still update the modified results. Hope I didn't let any of you down, but this is the right choice for me.

Becky

I feel you made the right decision. At least you tried the full version, I never attempted. I did modified from the very start and it worked for me. You will do great!!
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    I just lost my long post, i am despising this tablet. The previous page button is right next to the space bar, who would do that.

Becky - I had a nice long answer to your smoothie experiment. Great day for you completing it!
    - Nice accomplishment.
    - I had done a 21 day detox once and by the 3 week I felt amazing. That one was tough, no sugar, salt, or caffeine. I thought you might lose muscle but now you know.

Ray - I will be interested to see how your smoothie experiment works. Keep us posted.

A cloudy rainy day but the good thing is the snow is melting. :D I am on my own for the weekend
    my hubby went ice fishing up North, Linda you would know about that.
    So I went out for dinner last night with my MIL and I thought i was doing good. I ordered black bean
    quesadillas and black bean soup. Well, the quesadillas were so high in calorie I couldn't believe it.
    Lesson learned.

So today back on track and tracking again.

Shirley

• Kenea993
    Kenea993 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    My post yesterday didn't post this is what it said:
    Good morning losers!
    I am officially on spring break! So happy I can relax a little and get some work done. Catch up on done exercise. Will probably do a dog walk later took them for a short one last night and they loved it!

Now for today:
    I went to Zumba this morning and there was a new instructor and she loves those squats definitely got in a really good work out! Spending the rest of the day doing various littLe things. errands and things around the house. My puppies are enjoying movie abd ball time cause they can sleep on mamas lap :)

I think adding in a meal was a very healthy decision. I'm glad you were able to risk the number for what was healthier for you. way to go!

Grayson is so cute! I can't get over that face!

Well I will check in with you all later off to do my nails :)

Jordan (I always forget to sign my name)
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Marie, your great-grandbaby is adorable!
  • tenpets
    Options

Becky

I feel you made the right decision. At least you tried the full version, I never attempted. I did modified from the very start and it worked for me. You will do great!!

Thanks, Cristina! Loved today's smoothies for breakfast and lunch and REALLY, REALLY looking forward to a meal for dinner! :-)
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone is having a great Saturday.

I am home and I my husband was glad to see me. He had to stay inside most of the week because of the rain.

Connie, Thank you for sharing your encouragement and wisdom. You are a jewel and I treasure the support
    you give on this thread.

Marie, Grayson is precious!!! I know he will give you much joy.

I will be back in the swing of things next week.

Nancy
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I have a really stupid question. I just bought a Fitbit zip. How do I get it to connect and sync with MFP? I have tried poking the add device and it goes to another page and says connect but it just doesn't seem to be connecting. Can anyone here help me? And why yes as a matter of fact I am blonde.
  • SeeAhtter787
    Options
    Thank you rayw89. It worked
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Yay! :)
  • SeeAhtter787
    Options
    Sometimes I am really technologically illiterate