20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• readytobehealthy58
    readytobehealthy58 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies. I am fairly new to MFP (20 days) and have been reading your thread for your Easter challenge.
    I am looking for new motivational friends and would like to join you for the July 4th challenge.
    I have lost about 13 pounds and would like to lose another 107.
    You are such a kind and caring group. : )
    Happy Easter everyone.
  • readytobehealthy58
    Options
    Sorry. I meant to sign my name.
    Maribeth
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Shirley, Isaac Henry is adorable and you are Beautiful as well.
    Nancy
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies for the compliments. I just saw a picture of him going home in his new car seat.
    What a cutie! I get goose bumps.

Shirley
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Welcome, Maribeth!! B)

We would love to have you join us! Look for the 4th of July thread Monday, April 6.

Connie
  • italy10548
    italy10548 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Welcome Maribeth
  • italy10548
    italy10548 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Shirley. It's such a treat to see a newborn baby. God Bless you all.

Maryanne

• perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    Your Grandson is beautiful.
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Ok. So before I blow all my hard work I think I will weigh in for the end of the challenge.

SW 291
    CW 266!!!!
    GW by June 12 240
    UGW 190-200

Total loss for this challenge is 25 pounds

Esther
  • lovesretirement
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Wow, Esther, that is fantastic and noted! :smiley:

What is your current eating plan? :o
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Esther! That is impressive. Way to go.

Shirley - precious grandson. So happy for you.
  • SeeAhtter787
    Options
    Thanks lovesretirement. My current eating plan is one and done. Eat one helping and be done. I am still eating what I used to eat before but I don't have seconds and I have been swimming every day the pool is open. That is the key. I worked my way up from swimming an hour in the short pool to swimming an hour and a half in the big pool every day then I walk against the current in the current pool for at least a half hour. My husband last night made a comment about the "cottage cheese" on my thighs and butt cheeks. He says it is almost gone. Since I have such a hard time walking with my bad knees I prefer swimming. It has helped so much
  • SeeAhtter787
    Options
    I just realized I posted the wrong weights on my final weigh in. My handwriting isn't the neatest. It should say

SW 294 not 291
    CW 266
    GW 240 by June 12
    UGW 190-200

So that would be a total loss of 28 pounds
  • Tlw83
    Tlw83 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have been using mfp off and on for a few years. I just recently started visiting the community. I'm always looking to give and receive support. I lost 20 pounds since December and I'm still on my journey to better health.
  • lovesretirement
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Welcome tlw83!
    We will be starting a new 4th of July challenge Monday, April 6 and would love to have you join us!

Esther..noted..28...WOW!!
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Had a great time out at my daughter Kathy. We sit out in the yard and watch the littleones hunt eggs. And Kathy brought out her pictures album and enjoy old photo and laugh and laugh. just think the kids now a days will not have albums to look at. Just digital pictures. Digital are great but the joy we all share today was fantastic.

Great response we are getting on our tally up. Wondeful. As someone said we are all winners for we are definitely working on it. I am pretty sure it was Barbie but do not remember her exact words but to that effect. Been a great ride with you all and hope you all return to Connies's 4th of July thread.next week.

<3 Marie
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Marie, You have been a great leader and I am forever grateful to you for the group you so successfully led. It has been a wonderful experience. Looking forward to the July challenge and hope you will be a vital part of that group as well.
    Happy Easter and enjoy your trip to Springfield.
    Nancy <3
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Marie..it is "our" thread not my thread..we are partners, remember? ;)

Yes, it was Barbie who said we are all winners. <3
  • eileenjez
    eileenjez Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Wow Shirley what a beautiful baby. Congratulations.

I joined this challenge the end of January not expecting to much but have really surprised myself. The support here is fabulous. I have been in the 180's for a long time. Up a pound, down a pound but never leaving the 180's till now.

SW 185
    CW 177
    lose for this challenge 8 pounds

It's been 20 years since I have weighed this. My highest weight was 217. I'm looking forward to the next challenge to see what I'll accomplish.

Eileen
  • readytobehealthy58
    Options
    Thank you Connie and Maryanne. I am excited.