20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Stopping in to say hi.
    Marie, I think the rain is headed our way, it is so wet here and supposed to be wet all week.
    Bet you will have a nice loss your next weigh in.
    Nancy
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Nancy-I see you have been helping motivate on the new thread, it looks like a lot of people are fairly new to mfp. I remember how reading all the motivating stories helped me when starting, and still do.

Esther-sorry about the snow, I'm tired of it ,too. I think we're done with it finally, it has been warm and sunny lately, its suppose to be 78 today. I know your in Alaska, so I dont really know how warm your weather gets, hang in there it has to get better.

Connie and Stephanie-I think the new challenge is starting to ease up, I ddidnt have near as much to read today, alot of good losses are showing already.

Marie-sounds like you have a busy week, with going to grocery twice, you can get more fresh produce, I went yesterday to grocery and got the litte tomatos, grapes, pico di gio (I use that on alot of foods) lettuce, I plan on eating some salads this week.
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Hi Esther good hearing from you. I guess you can't take the Easter out of us I am sure we will Grow fond of the new thread but right now Way to many people. wow never dream so many people is signing up. Connie is handling it well very well My hat off to her. We will
    make it.
    Snow in April. hard to believe. Enjoy your swim.
    marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Janice I am glad you are reading the 4th of July Challenge.thread. Lots of Good ideals already coming out of it. Beginning t to connect with a few.but can't forget the Easter gang
    Stick with us.
    Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Stopping in to say hi.
    Marie, I think the rain is headed our way, it is so wet here and supposed to be wet all week.
    Bet you will have a nice loss your next weigh in.
    Nancy

I certainly hope so. if I can get back to my pre trip loss I will be happy. Sorry for sending the rain to you. You can turn around and send it to Connie Just kidding
    marie

• janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Sunnyfarm wrote: »
    barbiecat wrote: »
    The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT.

Gretchen Rubin, the author of several great books including "The Happiness Project" wrote this list of loopholes that people invoke to justify getting off the path to what they want.

The ten — yes, ten — categories of loopholes are:

1. False choice loophole – “I can’t do this, because I’m so busy doing that” – this is one I often use, myself

2. Moral licensing loophole — “I’ve been so good, it’s okay for me to do this”

3. Tomorrow loophole — “It’s okay to skip today, because I’m going to do this tomorrow”

4. Lack of control loophole — “I can’t help myself”

5. Planning to fail loophole, formerly known as the “Apparently irrelevant decision loophole”

6. “This doesn’t count” loophole – “I’m on vacation” “I’m sick” “It’s the weekend”

7. Questionable assumption loophole — “the label says it’s healthy”

8. Concern for others loophole — “I can’t do this because it might make other people uncomfortable”

9. Fake self-actualization loophole – “You only live once! Embrace the moment!”

10. One-coin loophole –“What difference does it make if I break my habit this one time?”

Yep 2,6,9 and 10 things I won't use again. Even if it is a holiday or special weekend I will log my food. I am not on an special diet plan. (The vegetarian thing was just for 21 days at the beginning of the year) but I realize I always have to know what I am putting in my mouth.

I remember Barbie posting this and we need to post on 4th challenge, not sure if I can, maybe I one you that is better on the computer can, I think it would be great on that thread.
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hi friends! I want the rain!!! The pollen is so thick this year! I have never had a problem with allergies before, but it has me sneezing this time.

I miss you guys, too. This is home.
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    rayw89 wrote: »
    :) It's funny how we keep running over here like refugees from a war-torn country!
    LOL, that's too funny.

Marie this is like my cozy little home thread. :)

Rachel, yep..it sure is. You have been so helpful in keeping up and responding. Thanks! My family can't figure out why I'm spending so much time on my iPad or computer. The other morning, at 6:00, my husband said, "what are you doing this early???" I'm like.. reading!!!! :)

Connie

I'm trying! Haha. I'm seeing some new people starting to support and encourage each other too, so that's good! Gotta get everybody fit this year, next year when I have school and work I don't think I'll have time to read as many posts. You know what's great about trying to keep up with all these posts though? I'm not eating while I read, so it's a good distraction from snacking. And you're doing a great job managing that thread, Connie. :)
  • Sunnyfarm
    Sunnyfarm Posts: 111 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hi friends not s good day. Pray for me. :'(
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Hi. Had a great swim. Almost back to normal. I will pray for you sunnyfarm. I get kinda lost with all of the newbies on the other thread. I have a feeling that a lot of them are a flash in the pan. Most just want to look good in a bikini. The rest of us are in for the long haul and the lifestyle change. There are a few new ones that seem like they are in for a while but I am curious to see how many are currently in the challenge versus how many will finish the challenge. I might have to ask Connie to keep track of that..........

Anyway. Snow is all gone thank God. I love the rain. I don't have to shovel it. Lovesretirement. I will try to send some your way.

Esther
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Sonya..are you okay???
  • Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Praying for you Sonya <3. I hope everything is okay..... Tami
  • Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    So glad your knee is almost back to where you were Esther!! That has to be a huge relief :)

It is raining here today also. We usually have huge amounts of rain, but this year has been unseasonably dry and minimal snow pack. Not a good sign for summer.

Tami
  • Sunnyfarm
    Sunnyfarm Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your prayers! I fell off the wagon this moring but I didn't let it roll over me. :) I'm okay now.
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    hi everyone!!

I feel like we are in the FBI and this is our secret area to meet :)

so we had a funeral this morning and it was super sad. my friends mom had lung cancer and it was just a brutal way to go. we are jewish so there was lots and lots of food! I did not partake but I did get into the peanut butter jar today:( I have a love hate relationship with the peanut butter jar but my kids eat it so I need to keep it in my house. you guys would die if you saw the amount of junk I keep in my house. I think it is important to let the kids have it in moderation. I always cook really healthy balanced meals for them.

tonight I made a piece of tilapia for me with zoodles(zucchini noodles) and made by family salad, skirt steak and a little pasta. the skirt steak was delicious and I should of had it instead of the fish. I made a marinade with 2 tbspons minced garlic, 1 tbsp. olive oil, 2 tbspoon red wine vinegar and salt and pepper to taste. really good!!

hope everyone is having a good night!!

stephanie
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Stephanie, that is such a sad loss. :(

slw19 wrote: »
    I feel like we are in the FBI and this is our secret area to meet :)

That's so funny!
    And people would be shocked to see the junk in my house too. Luckily I'm better at this whole thing than I thought, so I don't go around devouring it like I used to. The sweets are things I slowly consume, but my husband can eat anything so I buy crap for him sometimes. :p I do wish I could eat the peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with added chopped nuts and banana that he eats so often. I usually steal a bite and it's sooo good!
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    So are we FBI? Or secret service? Or maybe this is our secret squirrel laboratory.............where we can concoct healthy meals.........

Esther
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Good morning, friends!

@sunnyfarm....so funny "fell off the wagon but didn't let it roll over me"..that is key..not letting it roll over you.

@slw19...I love peanut butter, too! You sound like a great chef and baker, Steph.

No rain yet, just clouds...I need to do a rain dance!
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    good morning, maybe it is the Interpol since we are dispersed all over the place. the Interpol food division, haha!! Connie is the Chief Officer.

so my son has asked for tacos tonight for dinner. my husband feels like the seasoning doesn't agree with him and my daughter had the stomach flu one after tacos and that was all it took....needless to say I am determined to figure out a way to put this meal on the table so everyone can eat it.

I may buy ground turkey, cook it and divide it in half. my son can have the seasoned part, my husband and I can eat the unseasoned part. I will get all the taco fixings but also have stuff to make a good healthy salad? any thoughts of what should go in the salad?

while I am trying to lose some weight, also trying to be a good role model for the kids:)

Stephanie
    Senior Agent
    Interpol Food Department
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    :) Steph.. Sooo funny!

Salad: olives, sliced beets, tomato trinity from publix, hearts of palm, any seeds/nuts, cranberries, artichoke hearts, feta cheese, mixed lettuces to include romaine and spinach, any color bell peppers.

As I look at this list, I realize it's not very kid-friendly :) sorry.. It's been a while.