20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    @SeeAhtter787 - that is such a sad situation. I know food can be an addiction. I sometimes just crave something to eat when I am actually full. It is more psychological than hunger I think. But I do reach my limits and tell myself that I can't always eat to excess because of all the ill health effects on my body.

But everyone has to be ready to change for themselves. No one else can do it for you.

My mom was diabetic and I know what she went through and I don't want that for myself.
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Will this let me post here
    it did I am having so much trouble with MFP Site it post off the normal past and is terrible trying to read it I hope this problem clears up
    Marie
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    I am much more relaxed here and can get a hold of everyone's struggles. I don't want to abandon
    the other thread but just can't keep up.

I will stick with you ladies and do my weight loss struggles here.

Esther - So sorry that your family member hasn't woke up yet and said No! to feeling rotten and
    not moving. I hope it is not too late for her to get help.

Having a good day today and getting weekly reports from my Fit Bit. It can only get better
    from here.

Shirley
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Shirley I think we all feel comfortable here But still reading July thread and posting some just way to many people there
    Marie
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    skn57 wrote: »
    Esther - stay the course, venting is a good thing (we all need a sounding board). Before someone can help themselves they have to change their mindset, otherwise, they will never succeed.

Sue N.

That is exactly what we told her years ago. Her doc recommended hypnosis as well as a gazillion other things. She just hasn't started to help herself yet. But still she is my aunt and has been for 30+ years and we don't want to see her decline so rapidly.

Esther
    Thanks for everybody's support
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    hi gang,

ester, so sorry about your aunt it is so hard to watch people we love suffer. my new mantra is try to see the positive in the negative. let this give you more inspiration to stay the path on your journey. I hear you about trying to fill our emotions with food. I use to smoke, so when things got bad I would have cigarette, then food, and now, well I just have to deal. I do not want to try to stuff my emotions anymore or kill myself. it is so much better when we have a treat to sit down and enjoy it. do not succumb to the stress. we will continue on our journey together :)

I'm not finding the 4th thread so stressful today. trying to respond to those that are posting substance.

my daughter had a track meet today so I didn't get home until 7 and threw some steaks on the grill and brussel sprouts in the oven. I can't believe how much I actually like roasted brussel sprouts, they are so good! I cook them at 400 for almost an hour.

hope everyone has a good and restful night, try to get 7-8 hrs, it is good for you! everyone should try one new food this week.

Stephanie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I can\t get it on page 116 and I know some of you have posted.The last showing is Steph April; 15at 915PM so maybe no one has posted
    I am still having trouble reding the post for it is spreding the sentence out all over the place/ from what I gather it will too till we filled this page up I have sent countless message to MFP But to no availe
    The 4th thread is working just fine as of now. We are off to get tested for new hearing aids So see you when We get back.
    arie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Maybe not
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Good morning, friends..rainy and cool here, but if it gets rid of the pollen, who cares? :s
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Connie, I sure hope the rain will get rid of this pollen too.
    Hope you are doing well.

Marie, Hope you find your hearing aids helpful.
    My husband's stay in the case most of the time!!

Nancy
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    I just came back from hair salon and grocery store..2 hours tops and there are 17 posts on the other thread!
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    April showers bring may flowers. I hate may......too much pollen. This is why I live in a rainforest.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I am glad to see you guys got off of page 117 now my posting and readings are back to normal till some on try to post a photo here

Shirley I went to facebook to see that cute Love bug he is a cutie bug

I think I have been hacked by ASK and don' t know how to removed it to get back to window 7
    guess I will have to wait till Alice comes out this weekend. I am scare to try to removed it for Alice told me not to try. I usually mesh things up It seems that it just mess up MFP no problem with facebook just MFP

We got back from getting my hearing test of course we got lost. it was located in the biggest mall I have ever been in. And the street signs was not no help we will pick my hearing aids up May 21 at a locations closer to our house and street we are foamier with

Connie I have not responded to any post on the 4th and it says I have 82 waiting for me since I went to bed last night. I may not just to see how many till my bedtime
    I had yogurt, fruit and chia seeds for breakfast and gonna have grilled chicken and green beans for lunch. Probable a Milk shake for dinner
    <3 Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Slowing down only 87 post since my bed time last night
    Some one posted a good looking photo on the page 65 so it is enlarge so is all the posting on that pas. But page 66 is normal.
    I am just going to take a day off from the 4th of July This thread is normal right now Thank goodness. till some one post a photo
    <3 Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Nancy I am taking a day off of the 4th challenge too. Will be back tomorrow tho Connie you need a day off too.
  • lovesretirement
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Yeah, I do, but I am addicted to it now. I mainly just post in the morning, skip the joiners, read some, and respond to a few.

It's still full of new people coming in..many who are just joining MFP...some won't come back.
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    How about posting that is too late to join the 4th challenge???
    Would that be too cruel???
    I have to say that going to that thread has dampened my enthusiasm.
    When I go there and see 60-70 posts it is too much to enjoy sorting through.
    Nancy

• CALIECAT
    Options
    That may not be a bad ideal. Nancy. I was on a challenge years ago and she only allowed 100 members. remember that Barbie we were both on it. I did not lose anything on it. Was no chating just numbers. if I remember correctly she left MFP and just left her thread. I like communicating with people. I think that is why we are having such a success not just numbers.
    marie I wish I could teach my little pinkie to hold down the shift But it has a mind of it own.
  • lovesretirement
    edited April 2015
    Options
    That sounds good to me..when should the cutoff be? Announce it in tomorrow's morning greeting? How do you let people who just click the last page know they can't join?

• Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

I got on the July 4th thread and there were 221 posts. I can't possibly ready all of them and won't.

Connie - You can pull the plug and say no more. Some threads do that. I guess you just close it
    out but don't ask me how. LOL

I went shopping this morning at a Canadian Tire Store I have not been to yet. It's the name, they
    have everything and tires. ;)

Then home and got a walk in and then a full massage at the 3:30. Feeling like a limp noodle right
    now and drinking lots of water.

It was sunny and warm earlier but showers have come after I got back from massage.

Now relaxing and the dinner time. Pork chops and tomatoes, steamed purple cauliflower, and a
    salad.

Have a good evening.

Shirley