20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    If I may toss my opinion in ....... We are already keeping this thread going. If we just message those who were on here for Easter and keep the name the same but shoot for the fourth it will deter others from joining because they will think Easter is past...... Anyway. Just my opinion. Thanks for at least hearing it.

And my husband ...... He is amazed at how I look in the 10 days since he has seen me.

I like this idea!

Seeing your husband periodically has it's advantages! It's hard for us to see the changes in ourselves because we see ourselves all day every day. You're probably doing so much better than you even know. :)

• lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Friday!

B) I closed the thread to new joiners at 9:15 last night, and people still joined. :#

B) I agree..Let's just keep coming here for our 4th of July challenge. I will continue to post over there for a while...some are serious.

B) It's cloudy and cool here, but the pollen is gone and my congestion is almost gone.

B) Gym day for me!

B) I will start sending messages to the some of the old Easter folks.

Stay strong!
    Connie
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    @lovesretirement -The 4th thread is hard to keep up with. I know it will help a lot of people though. I am sure it will dwindle down.

I will continue to post my results on both threads.

I have finally gotten off the 1.8 lbs I gained on vacation last week and back to my starting weight of 136 .2 for the 4th challenge. Now on to the challenge. I don't have any trips coming up until July 18. BEACH with son and two of my grandsons. Yeah!
  • sparklecomet
    sparklecomet Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Woop woop! I like the idea of this thread being a bit easier to follow! While browsing through a yoga group this morning I found out that as well as sun salutation poses there also also moon salutation poses, which are supposed to focus more on hip openers are less on getting your heart rate going. I might give them a go tonight even though I did hot yoga this morning!

@lovesretirement glad you're less congested today! I hope you have a great gym session!

Happy Friday everyone! 8D
  • tenpets
    tenpets Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Hello, long "lost" friends! LOL

Connie, thank you for messaging me about the Easter thread continuing for those of us who found a welcoming, warm, friendly home here on MFP!!! The other thread is SO big and feels impersonal to me as we've all learned much about each other here. On the 4th thread, I feel lost in a sea of SW:,CW:,GW:! :-P

Because I wasn't feeling too connected on that thread, I fell away from logging in every day and even logging my food. So I ended up gaining a few pounds back and am feeling icky.

So, I am thrilled to be back with my friends and have regained my determination to stay the course. Thank you all for your continual encouragement of me and everyone in our little group! It means a lot to me. <3

I hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

Becky in rainy MD :smiley:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,968 Member
    Options
    :D The 4th of July thread is doomed to be filled with people who think that by joining the challenge they'll fit into a bikini by summer even if they have 100 pound to lose. It's not a personal and supportive group like this one and may just have to run it's course. The fact that Connie said that it was closed and people kept joining just shows that they weren't reading the posts.

:D I like being part of a friendly supportive group of people who share ideas for healthy living and support each other.

The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT.

the elimination diet:
    "Remove anger, regret, resentment, guilt, blame, and worry.
    Then watch your health, and life, improve."

Dr. Charles, CoachMD

<3 Barbie from beautiful NW Washington
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    off to lab tis morning then come home for breakfast and then off to grocer shopping So catch up with you later Easter- July thread
    this is much better like this.
    marie see you later
  • wheatlessgirl66
    wheatlessgirl66 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    @Connie Thanks for letting me know that you all are back here! Whew--the July thread was WAY too much for me, too. It was like a stampede--impossible to moderate. You try really hard, but I felt bad for you. This little spot with friendly faces is much better. :)

It's great that you're all still in the game and making progress!

So far, I have no weight loss to report for this challenge. I lost a couple pounds for one day, but jumped back up. :( Hopefully it will go again soon. I'm playing around with increasing my calories a little to see if that helps.

I hope the crowd doesn't find us here...

Ellen
  • vicky1947mfp
    Options
    @tenpets -glad you have your determination back. I know we will all feel better when we can see some sunshine. That is supposed to be tomorrow for us here in North Carolina.
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    good morning,

Rachel, I didn't realize that you had this condition. I am so happy we came up with a solution for this child. sounds like you are so strong and have learned how to manage it:) brussel sprouts are so good, I roast them until they get crispy, I can eat the whole pan!!

Ester, I give you a lot of credit, I'm sure your kids are really comfortable in their own skin. it is all about feeling good and self esteem and sounds like you are doing a great job.

I am going to post my weight stats here:

I started the 4th challenge a little up from where I ended the easter challenge as we were in colorodo and I guess the altitude significantly effects your weight.

SW 152.2
    CW 150.8
    GW 135

so I did have a loss, god I would love to break into the 140s!!

have a great day everyone!

Stephanie
  • cristina0000
    cristina0000 Posts: 111 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Good morning everyone!!

I like this group SOOO much better! I felt very overwhelmed in the other one that I just read a couple pages of the hundreds I posts that I had missed in one day's time.

I'm too busy to read everyone, so I posted very little.

Anyway...I must have reached a plateau I have been loosing and gaining the same 3 lbs for a month now. I believe its because I don't have the same workout routine that I did when I was on travel for 4 months. I was able to workout during lunch. I would go the gym at the Pentagon and attend the HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) class 3 days a week plus do elliptical at the gym in my building everyday.

So I am trying really hard to workout more and continue to eat healthy. Eventually I know I will break away from 161 lbs and make it to 159!!

Have a great day everyone!!
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Connie, Thanks for how you handled closing the other thread to new people. Like Barbie said, the fact that they still
    continue to join after you closed it just shows that they are not reading other posts or connecting.

Feels so good here and am so happy that our Easter Group has reunited. So happy that we are together again.

Now let's get refocused and continue toward our goals of healthy living.

Nancy :D:D:D
  • sparklecomet
    sparklecomet Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I really like the way this group is so focused oh healthy eating and just working our way towards a healthy lifestyle. Don't get me wrong I would love to look banging in a bikini in August but it's more important to make it a full lifestyle change than a quick fix.

I think the whole yoga manta is starting to click with me. How you should honor your mind and your body and to honor them you should live healthily and cleanly. I think it's a good goal to live by

Sophie
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hello, friends!

Yes, it's good to be back in the comfort of our home! <3
    People are still trying to join over there, and I have sent messages to them with the same line that is posted on the thread. GRRRR....

@tenpets ..being connected helps us all. <3

You guys are the best!

<3 Connie

• tenpets
    Options
    @Connie Thanks for letting me know that you all are back here! Whew--the July thread was WAY too much for me, too. It was like a stampede--impossible to moderate. You try really hard, but I felt bad for you. This little spot with friendly faces is much better. :)

It's great that you're all still in the game and making progress!

So far, I have no weight loss to report for this challenge. I lost a couple pounds for one day, but jumped back up. :( Hopefully it will go again soon. I'm playing around with increasing my calories a little to see if that helps.

I hope the crowd doesn't find us here...

Ellen

Ellen,

I think increasing your calories on the LCHF plan sounds like it might work better for allowing a loss. I've been focused on the <20 net carbs and let the calories be what they are. My big downfall is that I enjoy wine with dinner which undermines the plan. So, I'm going to try to eliminate it entirely for a few weeks and see if it improves my losses. I am thrilled that my BF% is heading in the downward direction and I can see that I am looking a bit leaner in wiggly places. LOL :wink:
  • CALIECAT
    edited April 2015
    Options

<3
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I have to say over here on this thread I feel like a revered friend in a group of friends. On the July thread I feel like a post. They are so concerned with looking good in a bikini or a wedding dress that they are losing sight of the big picture of getting healthy and staying that way.

I like our happy LITTLE family over here better

Esther
  • CALIECAT
    edited April 2015
    Options
    misfits
    @lovesretirement Connie this is great Getting the Easter gang back together

@calliecat. I just put my name here to have a list of all of us. will have to go back and check for the ones I miss

@barbiecat Glad to see you here with us.

@Sunnyfarm I love the saying you posedt. I felled off the wagon but did not let it roll over me
    @slw19 you have been such a giving us recipes and being kind to everyone.

@evegirl777 you did not start this As you can tell These girls wanted us a nice quite place to chat

@wheatlessgirl66 tickle pink you made it back to us

@vicky1947 Enjoy reading your post

@Cristina0000 So glad you made it back to us

@Shirley 61 how is love bug doing

@janiceclark Janice if you had not posted on the Easter thread we may not have all gotten together I thank you for that

@sparklecoment Glad to see you join us

@rayw89 ray really a dedicated challenger What a lucky break for us.

@seeahtter787Always a joy to see your post never met anyone from Alaska

@JLoRuthie Ruthie hope your traveling days are over with for a while

PS Connie I would not worry about the July challenge. they can make it on their own and seems to be just fine today. maybe a leader will come out of it. you will neer stopped them from joining unless you get in touch with MFP and have them close the thread. And that would not be very nice. because there are begging for help and they can encourage each other it may be a wishful dream to a lot of them but their are some really serious.
    This is a public community Threads
    Marie

PS#2
    great bunch we have here
  • vicky1947mfp
    Options
    Ditto for me to what all Marie said.
  • tenpets
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Connie, are there still 27 of us in this thread? Love our small size!!

Becky :-)