20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    I had a horrible day, my first dog I got died while we were waiting at the vets office, he was almost 14 years old, but seemed fine until last night, I am so sad, he was a great dog and so smart and sweet. His name was Rocky, and he was a black lab.
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. It is very tough to have them go so suddenly. My thoughts are with you

Esther
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :'(:'( Janice, I am so sorry to hear about your dog. I love mine so much and know they won't be with me forever. Sending hugs to you from me and Brandy and Sasha (my frisky poodles who walk with me every morning). <3

1056287i3zmwzup2m.gif
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Good morning, misfit losers! It's Monday!

<3 Janice..my heart just aches about your losing your precious dog. Our fur babies are family, and it hurts to lose them.

<3 Steph...good to see you!

<3 Can you picture us sitting in Marie's kitchen drinking Esther's moonshine and eating Stephanie's cookies? :o

<3 Gym day for me..lots of sunshine today!

Stay strong!

Connie
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Sisters!

Janice so sorry to hear about your dog.

Connie - I love that idea. Let's see if Marie is up for us invading her in Texas. I know Esther is game and Steph too hehehe!!!

we spent the weekend with our best friends who we missed while away and then yesterday afternoon in our old neighborhood visiting. It was a great weekend.

Another sunny day here. I am taking measurements today so I will have something besides the evil scale to gauge my success.

Have a great Monday!
    Ruthie
  • Katie_Y89
    Katie_Y89 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Read some of this thread and think its wonderful that you ladies are supporting each other in more than just weight loss!! <3 Soo sweet!! <3
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Janice so sorry aboud rocky I lost My little Jack Russell in Dec, and still get teary eyes over Sammy

Marie
  • wheatlessgirl66
    wheatlessgirl66 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Janice--I'm so sorry to hear about Rocky. Saying a final goodbye to pets is very hard. We had a yellow lab that died two years ago; such sadness. Labs are such wonderful dogs.
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    good morning ladies,

trying to get back on track after such a busy weekend. so tired this morning and the coffee is not helping:)

oh Janice, I am so sorry about your pooch, I have always had a dog and have lost many:( do take the time to miss rocky but think about maybe getting another when you can, it is a good time of year. my guys are like family, think my dog is the most liked member of my family:) try to stay on track with eating though as it will only make you feel worse if you indulge. I have learned this personally. my thoughts go out to you!!

connie, good to see you also!! think maybe I should put a picture up as I realize I may be the only one without something!! I am not that computer savvy!!

marie, I would be happy to send you some cookies. PM me your address. I can promise you that you will not lose weight if you eat them!!

ester, moonshine, wow!! you are a lady of many talents and so funny!! haha!!

have a great day everyone!! trying to get my head back on the game today:)

stephanie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    JLoRuthie wrote: »
    Good Morning Sisters!

Connie - I love that idea. Let's see if Marie is up for us invading her in Texas. I know Esther is game and Steph too hehehe!!!

we spent the weekend with our best friends who we missed while away and then yesterday afternoon in our old neighborhood visiting. It was a great weekend.

Another sunny day here. I am taking measurements today so I will have something besides the evil scale to gauge my success.

Have a great Monday!
    Ruthie
    JLoRuthie wrote: »
    Good Morning Sisters!

Have a great Monday!
    Ruthie

How great that would be would loves you all here inTexas my new cyber friends you feel like part of my family Already even tho we have only been friends a short time.except for Shirley and Barbie they been with me posting for a few years how you all put up with me I will never knows
    But I love it

marie
  • Sunnyfarm
    Sunnyfarm Posts: 111 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Good morning
    Sorry to here about your dog Janice :(

Congratulations Ester :)

The wind has finally calmed down here in CA so I think I will go for a walk and hopefully my hip will let nme jog a little.

Have a great day.

SW 183
    SW 166.8
    CW 163.8
    Sonya
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies,

Janice, So sorry about your precious Rocky. I know it is so difficult to deal with losing your pet, they are family.

Hope everyone is doing well. Just finished my bike exercise and feel good about that.

Have a great day. Looks like rain is headed my way.

Nancy
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    Thank you every one for your kind words, Rocky was a great dog and we had him since 2 days before 911, he was a birthday present for my husbands birthday on September 10, 2001.We still have 3 other dogs, but they dont take the place of Rocky, he was our first dog and the reason why we got more dogs, he was so smart. But it is a great comfort to have the other dogs. They will be a blessing for our family at this sad time. Still heartbroken. We didnt see this coming at this moment, he was perfectly fine until Saturday evening, luckily this week I was taking pictures of a flock of geese in my field behind our house and I took a few pictures of the dogs, while I was out there. Thanks again, and for letting me vent about my sadness, you all are supportive. Janice
  • eileenjez
    eileenjez Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Janice sorry about Rocky. We lost our Mandy in much the same way. For us we had one of her puppies, Lucky, so it made it a little easier. We did end up getting another puppy, Scamper, so when Lucky's time came we still had the one. Scamp was one of the smartest dogs, doesn't everyone say that, we have ever had. Now we are dogless and for us it works out since we love to travel and I will never have another animal in doggy daycare. Very bad experience for our Scamp and I blame myself to this day.

Moonshine and cookies sounds good to me.

This week is supposed to be beautiful today and I'm looking forward to being out side and walking.

Eileen

• SeeAhtter787
    Options
    Moonshine and cookies. Let me know when. I'm game. I will not eat for a couple days so I can indulge

Esther.

Ps. I stepped on the scale again today and I'm down 2 more pounds!!!! That makes 39 total for me since starting MFP. And I was finally able to make it all the way around a loca recreation lake today!!!!! It is a 2 mile walk. I haven't been able to do that since September!!
  • SeeAhtter787
    Options
    Janice.... I have lost a few pups as well. The first pup we lost was a golden retriever. She was almost 15 so we expected her to go but she had a stroke and it paralyzed her so we had to make the decision. The next pup was another golden retriever who had a sudden hear attack at 8 yrs old. The third pup was a 3 yr old cavalier King Charles spaniel who got in a fight with a pick up truck and lost. It was quick and that is all we wanted for him. But it is still hard to lose them. Just love the others that much more.

Esther
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    This has been a nice cyber family's posting/ We have Janice to thank for thank for that bringing the misfit Easter bunch together back together After the 4th of July challenges was organize I really like the group that Connie is leading us on. But it is huge I post on the chats group and the Weight group and read a few of the others topics Getting too many to keep up with all. This is my Home base with you lovely gals I enjoy the recipe topic too.

Marie
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    o:) I don't drink alcohol or eat cookies or sit still very well, but I'd love to hang out and visit with all of you.

:) It has been a great day for yard work so I did some digging and Jake cut the grass.

<3 Barbie
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    @CALIECAT -I'm glad we all got back together, you all have been a wonderful supportive group of misfits. lol, I hope you didnt have the bad weather they said was in texas, recently.
    Esther -great job losing, 11lbs, thank you also for comment about my dogs, we all will be so glad to hear when you get your new knees, I know you were happy to make the 2 mile walk around the lake, you are very determined to reach your goal of losing and getting your new knees, I hope thats soon. Janice
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    hi everyone,

had a very normal day today, first one in a while. feels good to be back in my routine:) really hoping to stay focused this week and lose a lb or so. hope everyone had a great day!!

Stephanie