20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Afternoon,

I just put in my weight on the Group thread and it wasn't pretty. I gained 1.4 lbs. and not a happy camper.

I hope next week is better, the evil scale is not cooperating. Although, we did have company last night and
    ordered chinese so sodium will be the culprit . I see some of you are doing well.

Feel better Esther and do some laps for me. It was Yoga class this morning and stretched my body. :)

Marie - My MIL just said to me today that she got rid of her canning jars she will no longer make jam and
    chili sauce. She is 89 now.

Have good weekend.

Shirley
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    There comes a time as we grow older We h
    have to make changes our old bodies no longer what it used to be. Shirley.
    marie
  • Sunnyfarm
    Sunnyfarm Posts: 111 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Good morning well almost noon. It is a very busy an extremely windy day here in the Ca high desert.

Ester I hope you're feeling better. :)

Congratulations @dyemysoul and Ellen. :)

Cristina that sounds beautiful. Some day I want to live on the beach. I love the sound of the water and the birds. I also like the idea of watching the sunset over the water and walks on the beach. :)

Well I'm happy to report I am back down to my ticker weight.

SW 183
    SW 4JC 166.8
    CW 164.8
    GW 145 well maybe 150 :)

Sonya
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Sunnyfarm wrote: »
    Good morning well almost noon. It is a very busy an extremely windy day here in the Ca high desert.

Ester I hope you're feeling better. :)

Congratulations @dyemysoul and Ellen. :)

Cristina that sounds beautiful. Some day I want to live on the beach. I love the sound of the water and the birds. I also like the idea of watching the sunset over the water and walks on the beach. :)

Well I'm happy to report I am back down to my ticker weight.

SW 183
    SW 4JC 166.8
    CW 164.8
    GW 145 well maybe 150 :)

Sonya
    Wonderful Sonya great lost.

• janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    I have had the best week for losing in awhile, I lost 3.2 lbs, also I reached another goal of mine, I am now in the 170's, to be exact 179.6, barely in but I'll take it. I hope everyone has a good weekend, and that the scale gods shine on you. Janice
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I have had the best week for losing in awhile, I lost 3.2 lbs, also I reached another goal of mine, I am now in the 170's, to be exact 179.6, barely in but I'll take it. I hope everyone has a good weekend, and that the scale gods shine on you. Janice

Fantastic Janice what a good week. you had

• janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Thank you Marie, its about time.I hope your neck feels better soon.Have a good weekend, we're suppose to have bad storms tommorrow, with hail, and chance for tornados. I will stick near home, I dont want to be out in the middle of it.
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Hi gang. It's P. O. E. T. S. Day!!!!!!!!! That means Phooey On Everything Tomorrow's Saturday!!!!!!!! Thank you guys. I feel much better. A little weak but I swam for an hour then had pt and after that I had lunch with my parents. I am getting ready to thatch my yard so I can make my husband mow it for me.

Esther
  • SeeAhtter787
    Options
    It is finally sunny here in the rainforest. And as they say make hay while the sun shines. So we are. And a rolling stone gathers no moss. I aim to stay moss free B)

Esther
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Marie, I hope you will be safe tonight. Your weather is headed my way.
    Nancy
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Marie, I hope you will be safe tonight. Your weather is headed my way.
    Nancy

It's coming over to me Saturday.
    Stay safe, ladies! :#
  • CALIECAT
    edited April 2015
    Options
    ts just about here. They are on TV telling us what to do.

I been reading on this preium MFP stuff
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10145685/you-asked-you-got-kind-of-mfp-premium
    marie
  • eatless83
    eatless83 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo the weekend is here!!!

No movement in scales this week for me which is disappointing considering I went to the gym twice and cycled to work twice! Maybe it will show next week !

Double dragon boating this weekend as we are preparing for a race end of May.

@nancy - I feel your pain the slightest deviance from plan and I gain too. It's such a hard slog for us but we will get there!

@Ruthie - I am here for as long as I want really. I suspect I will stay another 2 years then I think it will be time to head home and settle down properly...maybe start a family who knows :-)

Stay safe everyone with the various weather reports I'm reading

Faye

• SeeAhtter787
    Options
    So sorry to hear about the possibility of tornados down in the Texas area. But while all of you guys were having nice weather it was rainy here. So now we had a day of sunshine. It was so gorgeous out I was in a tank top and shorts out thatching my lawn. It was 50 today!!!!!! Yes that is plenty warm for tank tops and shorts in Alaska. o:) after I thatched the yard I made the hubby mow it. Shame on me but I knew I couldn't do both. As much as I love doing yard work I had to limit myself. But once I get new knees I should be able to do both in the same day. Hopefully next summer. The scariest part is I got a little color today out in the yard. Tomorrow I will be spending the day sitting on my butt fixing ballet costumes for the spring performance in 2 weeks. So I won't get much exercise in. Perfect day for resting the body. Although I have said that in the past and ended up with 5000+ steps on those days. Not sure how but I did. So I am off to crawl into bed and rest a few achy joints. Oops. I might have overdone it again. Hate it when I do that. Overdo is a common ailment among us in Ketchikan. As soon as the sun comes out we try to get as much of the outside honey-do list finished before the sun goes down or the rain comes down. Whichever comes first. Tomorrow is supposed to be nice but they are saying a 40% chance of rain too. Which usually means if you didn't mow the lawn today you might not get it done tomorrow unless you mow in the rain which is not good on the mower.

I have had no change in weight this week but I am still a little out of sorts from yesterday. I still feel bloated but I carried on as normal as I could. Hopefully when I am 100% I will see a loss.

Take care all of you having nasty weather. I will say a few prayers for you all.
    Esther
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Good morning, misfit losers! Happy Saturday!

@SeeAhtter787 What is thatching? Is it planting grass? Good for you getting in all that exercise. Lucky you-50 degrees in SC is not tank top weather..flip flops maybe, but no tank top. B)

@eatless83 No movement of the evil >:) scale for me in a while, either. I think I've lost my quota for April. Have a great time boating!

Very cloudy/rainy today..this is definitely gonna be a rest day for me. I will look forward to a sunny Sunday!

Stay strong, losers!
    Connie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    All is well in our house whole here in Texas. jerry and I just went to bed at 730 Pm for the TV kept going off and on as usually during a storm so we slept thru it all. I am hoping our blackberries plants made it too. . Been waiting all spring for them to get ripe.
    Good morning Esther, Good morning Connie. I had a good night sleep took a muscle relaxer for my neck . It took me 3 days to get my order from Walmart. finally had to call my doctor to get it all work out. have no plans today. the weather is going to be nice and sunny then more rain and storms in a few days.
    Everyone have a blessed day today
    Marie

2528993e5ab7iehzi.gif

• tenpets
    tenpets Posts: 423 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Good morning, everyone! So much to catch up on from all your posts! :-)

Esther, I see my chiropractor twice a week right now from the car accident I had in Jan. Once that's settled down completely I will go back to twice a month as I have for years now. I, too, have an old back injury from when I was 21 (30 years ago!) that gives out when I overdo gardening/renovations, etc. But seeing the chiro regularly keeps bad episodes to almost nonexistent.

Like Esther and a few others, my weight is hovering still up two pounds from the start of this challenge. :-( BUT, I do feel much better eating LCHF. So, I'll take it. I know what I need to do to get the scale moving in the right direction... so why don't I do it? That's the real question. LOL Here's hoping for a completely strong resolve for this week to do what needs to be done to lose weight.

We remodeled our kitchen in 2005 and then last summer redid the counters and floors with the high end material we couldn't quite afford in 2005 with all the other renovations we were doing to our house back then. It was REALLY tough to live through, but SOOOO worth it in the end! The reason it was so tough was because we did everything all by ourselves and were both working full time and I was in college earning my masters in nursing. It was a chaotic 5 months. :-)

Marie, I hope your neck is feeling better today. It's fine you no longer enjoy cooking. My mom pretty much gave up cooking when she was about 70. She is now 80. She is a WONDERFUL cook and baker, but now that Daddy is gone she really sees no reason to go to all the fuss. Fortunately, David and I both love to cook. I used to love baking, too, but I ran a baking business out of my home for 6 years and after that... I was so sick of baking. I have Baking PTSD! LOL

I had a busy morning. I cooked up 5 lb of bacon and got it in the freezer. I then made three of my favorite quiche recipe and just took the last one out of the oven. I cut them into 6 servings and put them in single containers and freeze them. They make a great breakfast and lunch and there's no work to make them each day. Only 2.6 carbs for a good sized piece. YUM! I really enjoy large batch cooking and then freezing. It makes busy work days simpler.
    Hubby is amending the gardens with manure and peatmoss, then I will get out there and plant all our vegetables!! Love my gardens!!

Tomorrow we head to Baltimore with our daughter's family and her adorable Joseph and Emily! We are going to "A Day Out With Thomas the Tank Engine!! Can't wait to see Joseph's little face light up when we all board a real Thomas, Annie, and Clarabelle train.

Congratulation to all those who have had a loss this week. I know I hope to be one of them in the near future again!

Have a great weekend!

SW:186
    CSW:173
    CCW:175
    CGW: 165

Becky in MD
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Good morning fellow losers.
    We had a pretty bad storm around 2am. Woke me up and as I looked out the window it was looking scary.
    Fortunately we only had things blown around from our boat house. There are many trees uprooted in our
    neighborhood. Have not heard if it was a tornado or straight line wind. We were blessed to have no real
    damage.

Thankfully the half pound I gained after a cheat on Thursday was gone this morning.

Hope everyone has a good and restful weekend.

Nancy
  • SeeAhtter787
    Options
    @lovesretirement Thatching is when you rake the grass and basically scratch all the grass to stimulate growth. But it also pulls up some of the moss that has started to take over my yard. As well as all the spruce needles from the neighbors trees and the sticks and branches and spruce cones and all other junk that has blown in over the winter. Next dry spell I am going to spread moss-out on the yard go kill the moss and get the grass to regrow in the thin spots.

Esther
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    hi everyone,

we have super busy weekend with social commitments and I have so many cookie orders yesterday and today. really tired trying to get it all done. hope everyone has a great weekend and I will check back soon:)

Stephanie