20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• sparklecomet
    sparklecomet Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Congrats Becky you're doing great!

Does anyone have any tips to help prevent overeating during the evening time? I can be good all day and then when I get home from work I'll overeat. It's not even junk food!
  • eatless83
    eatless83 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Congrats Becky you're doing great!

Does anyone have any tips to help prevent overeating during the evening time? I can be good all day and then when I get home from work I'll overeat. It's not even junk food!

Somebody told me once, that it's best to clean your teeth after you have eaten as it get rid of the lingering food taste that makes you want to carry on eating....

So my tip is after dinner clean your teeth :-)
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

Close your kitchen at a certain time...I also clean my teeth after I close it! :)
  • lovesretirement
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Good morning, misfit losers! Happy Wednesday!

I just want to share this...I stayed at the same weight for so long that I actually forgot how much I have lost. I posted yesterday on the group thread that I had lost 11 pounds when it's actually 14... :D 11.6 is what I lost on the Easter challenge. I guess that number is embedded in my brain!

Anyway..gym day for me. I'll check back later. B)

Stay strong!
    Connie
  • sparklecomet
    Options
    Ah thank you both that's a really great idea! Sadly I live in an apartment so I can't physically close the kitchen but brushing my teeth after dinner is a great idea!
  • lovesretirement
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Ah thank you both that's a really great idea! Sadly I live in an apartment so I can't physically close the kitchen but brushing my teeth after dinner is a great idea!

LOL...I can't shut the door on mine either, but what I meant was put everything away, clean it up, no food left out, etc. and considered it "shut down" for the night. :)
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Good morning all of you Misfits. I see some of us are losing and being a happy Camper
    congrats to all losers

I post this on the wrong thread yesterday so will repost it here this morning

Have a exercise plan I found posted by Sandy on the Golden Sneakers group
    EXERCISE FOR PEOPLE OVER 60

Begin by standing on a comfortable surface, where you have plenty
    of room at each side.

With a 5-lb potato bag in each hand, extend your arms straight out
    from your sides and hold them there as long as you can.
    Try to reach a full minute, and then relax.

Each day you'll find that you can hold this position for just a bit longer.

After a couple of weeks, move up to 10-lb potato bags.
    Then try 50-lb potato bags and eventually try to get to where you can
    lift a 100-lb potato bag in each hand and hold your arms straight for
    more than a full minute. (I'm at this level).

After you feel confident at that level, put a potato in each bag

Marie

have a great day ys''ll
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    good morning ladies,

@sparklecomet I totally relate to the evening grazing problem. what has significantly helped me is upping my protein and fat in the afternoon and evening, I feel FULL. I also let myself have a "dessert" at night which helps as well. I do agree with faye and connie about brushing your teeth, I never do it though:(

lol connie, so funny!! I agree that we have been looking at the numbers so long. when you complete your diary for the day, it tells you how much you will weigh in 5 weeks. they lie, haha!! I hope I see that number one day.

marie, thx for workout. great loss!!

sonya, hope it has been a better week:)

have a great day everyone!!

stephanie

• sparklecomet
    Options
    Thanks Stephanie I really do need to focus on upping my protein in general. I'm a vegetarian and when I transitioned over I was very careful with my protein intake but over the years I've gotten pretty lax!
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Love the workout, Marie! Hehehe just what I was looking for.

Connie I like the idea of figuratively closing the kitchen.

How do ya'll quote just the person for responding?

Faye, how long have you lived in Asia? I understand your difficulties with buying clothing. I have lived in Europe 4 times in the past 20 years and I noticed this last time the Europeans are getting larger and clothing is available in larger sizes. This was not true even 10 years ago.

Well, the sun has returned to Georgia yay! Yesterday I spent 6 hours pressure washing. The driveway, walkway and back porch had never been cleaned (we just moved in) and I couldn't look at it any longer...so.much.dirt. My babies helped a good bit, too.

Why am I not logging my food? I don't understand. Must start logging like I used to starting today!

Happy Hump Day,
    Ruthie
  • eatless83
    eatless83 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    Good morning all of you Misfits. I see some of us are losing and being a happy Camper
    congrats to all losers

I post this on the wrong thread yesterday so will repost it here this morning

Have a exercise plan I found posted by Sandy on the Golden Sneakers group
    EXERCISE FOR PEOPLE OVER 60

Begin by standing on a comfortable surface, where you have plenty
    of room at each side.

With a 5-lb potato bag in each hand, extend your arms straight out
    from your sides and hold them there as long as you can.
    Try to reach a full minute, and then relax.

Each day you'll find that you can hold this position for just a bit longer.

After a couple of weeks, move up to 10-lb potato bags.
    Then try 50-lb potato bags and eventually try to get to where you can
    lift a 100-lb potato bag in each hand and hold your arms straight for
    more than a full minute. (I'm at this level).

After you feel confident at that level, put a potato in each bag

Marie

have a great day ys''ll

:-)

Made me chuckle
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    @JLoRuthie How do ya'll quote just the person for responding?

At the very bottom of the box, click quote, and it will appear in the reply box.
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Marie, You're just a hoot!!! Going to do me some potato bag exercise!!!

Connie, 14 is a very good number.

I am looking forward to the time I can shop for new smaller size clothes.

Have a good day.

Nancy
  • Sunnyfarm
    Sunnyfarm Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Just stopping by to say good morning. :)
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Been to the docter. She was proud of my weight lost But my kidneys count was getting too low. So she told me to cut my fat down for the meat has lots of fat She told me to go to the deli and buy thin slices of Ham, chicken and turkey and to cut my fat down I told her about my neck hurting since our trip to to Missouri gave me some muscle elaxing pills.. its been hurting to turn my neck to the right and to the left I will stay on the 1-1-1- plan but cut down on fats and fatty protein.
    marie
  • lovesretirement
    edited April 2015
    Options
    B) Wonderful news, Marie! When you do deli meat, ask for the low sodium because deli meat is processed. I would go with chicken breasts and lean turkey products and stay away from too much deli.

B) Hi, Sunny!

Connie

• CALIECAT
    Options
    B) Wonderful news, Marie! When you do deli meat, ask for the low sodium because deli meat is processed. I would go with chicken breasts and lean turkey products and stay away from too much deli.

B) Hi, Sunny!

Connie

<3 Connie yes I will cut the sodium down some

<3 Sunny good morning to your too. have a great day.

<3 hey all you misfit have great day

• wheatlessgirl66
    wheatlessgirl66 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, Just checking in to say hello and catch up on reading your posts. Lots of good news and progress, and I congratulate you! Becky, Marie and Esther---you all are having such good progress!

None from my corner---I'm in a holding pattern, still. I might take some advice to ease my calories up a little to see if that helps. I tend to eat below my goals too much of the time. Habit, I suppose, that less is better. I'm trying to get it through my thick head that that's not actually true.

We had snow flurries this morning; glad it's not going to turn into anything big. Hope the sun is shining where you are!

Off to do Marie's bag o' potatoes exercise! ;)
  • JLoRuthie
    Options
    @JLoRuthie How do ya'll quote just the person for responding?

At the very bottom of the box, click quote, and it will appear in the reply box.
    Practicing
  • JLoRuthie
    Options
    Also, when I use a emoticon, the text after it does not appear. Anyone else? How do I correct that?