20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon, everyone, Nancy -dont feel alone, I am a late riser too. I stay up late so I sleep late, since I quit working, for many years, I had to be at work at 7. I hope your bloodwork come out great, since you have lost weight and changed your eating, it should be better than before. I have just been maintaining for the last month or so, instead of losing, so I am going to try to do better with managing my calories and snacks.
    Marie-congratulations on getting the 4lbs off from your trip. Have fun with your daughter at lunch, mexican sounds good. I watched the country music awards too, I thought it had alot of great music.
    I hope everyone has a successful week, maybe now with out all the extremely long threads, we were trying to keep up with, we can actually exercise more or plan better for the week of meals. Janice
  • cristina0000
    cristina0000 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

I don't have much to report. I am still loosing and gaining the same pounds. But I know its because I have been enjoying myself and eating whatever I feel like! :wink:

I'm going to try to get my motivation back and exercise more so I can finally get to 159! This morning the scale had 162.8 so I don't have far to go but OMG it has been over a month now going up and down the same 3 lbs!!

Nice seeing familiar people again...
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Good Morning misfits. Wow you girls are early posters, I must be the only one who is not
    an early morning person.

Great to see this group going strong again. I kinda had an unusual eating weekend. Just had
    some things that I usually don't touch. Feeling a little down that I can revert to old eating habits
    so easily. On track today.

I am in for the Thanksgiving Challenge for sure. As I lose so slowly, I might be in a Thanksgiving
    Challenge for 2016.

I have my annual check up this afternoon and am anxious to see how my lab numbers look.

Hope you have a great day.

Nancy

Nancy..the change in food may be good for you! I'm just a cookie/cracker away from reverting back, too. That's why I don't have them in the house! Don't feel down about it. Remember how last week I went out to eat, was very full and STILL wanted more? Old habits are hard to break. Hope your lab numbers are good..that's the real reward!
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I know you guys are sick of me saying this, but I LOVE THIS THREAD AND THE FOLKS ON IT!! <3

Connie

AMEN CONNIE!!!!!!!!!!! I concur 100%. I love you guys. Our posts are personal and not generic or "automated" if you will.

So I weighed in on Saturday and had dropped to 260 which put me at 6 pounds for this challenge and 34 pounds since I joined. Well.... I weighed myself this morning....... 258!!!!!!!!! Happy dance!!!!!!! Happy dance!!!!!!! I haven't been this light since before my divorce in 2003!!!!!!!!!!! I have also dropped 2 sizes in pants. Shirts are still the same because of the stupid BOOBS!!!!!!!!! I hate boobs. 36 pounds and I swear they are BIGGER!!!!!!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!! I hate DDD. I WANT TO BE A B!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry. Venting again......

Esther
  • lovesretirement
    edited April 2015
    Options
    @SeeAhtter787 That is absolutely awesome! You are getting closer and closer to the new knees! <3
  • SeeAhtter787
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) Esther, congrats on your success so far. When I started this journey, I didn't know if I would succeed and I set a modest goal that I reached and then went farther. You can do it.

:D Rachel, when I started my weight loss journey, I gave up baking and decided to be successful in other ways. I gave away all my baking tools and ingredients so they wouldn't be hiding in my house to tempt me.

<3 This is a friendly and supportive thread...thank you for allowing me to be part of it

Barbie

Thanks Barbie. I originally thought 50 pounds was going to be the hardest thing I have ever done in my life but it is actually surprisingly easy. I am not really eating any less or differently than before but I am burning more from exercise. Problem is the more I do the worse I hurt. Oh well. Two more months.

And 14 more pounds and I will be golden!!!!!! If I get off more than 50 I will be platinum!!!!!!!

Esther
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

I didn't know we were still posting here. I was over at the group on the chatting thread for the week.
    I am confused.

Well I will start by saying I hope to lose a pound this week. Do you believe I am still at getting to
    where I was before Jamaica. I am maintaining only but I hope to lose soon. I am tracking
    everything this week.

I haven't changed my ticker as yet and hope I don't have too.

Esther - When I increased my exercise I was hurting all the time too but the scale was going down.
    Go figure! Now I still exercise everyday but moderately and if I feel energetic then more.

Today was Yoga class and we were doing back bends. Once with a chair and then on the floor
    in the bridge position and then lift up arms, head and all. Not so easy, I had help with a strap
    from the instructor and groaned d but I did it. It was a weird feeling. I used to do all this
    when I was a kid. Now this 66 year old body not so much. :p

Enjoy the day

Shirley
    Ontario, Canada
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Shirley you are doing great. When do you and Dave take your first boating. waiting to hear , issac is getting cuter everyday. my Grayson is too.
    marie
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    Back from my Doctors Appt. and had a good report. My Lipid Profile was excellent, triglycerides were up last year but within normal limits
    today. He said he could tell I had been eating right by looking at the lab report. Weight was down from last year and glucose normal. So I am a happy camper. He told me he would like for me to get a book "Eat to Live by Dr. Joel Furman".' He said it was excellent and was recommending
    it to his patients. I am going to check on getting it, hope I can get an ebook. Just thought I would pass that along to you.
    I ask him again about why I can't lose weigh any faster and he had no comment.

Connie, I think you and I are so much alike in our weight loss. We have a hard time getting things working and keeping them
    working consistently. Every ounce we lose is very hard work!!! We will get there one day.

Nancy

• lovesretirement
    edited April 2015
    Options
    That's great news, Nancy!!
    That book is available in an e-version. It promotes a vegetarian way of eating. I tried it a while back...did not lose much. Lots of fruits/beans/veggies. I think, for me, it was too many carbs. Fruits especially. Plus beans are more carb than protein. I am not a big meat eater so it was easy for me to cut out meat. I stayed with it for probably 6 months. I don't want to give up anything anymore.

When I told my doc I was losing slowly, he said I needed to cut the fat from 30% to 25% and up the protein to 40%. I don't think they really know..nutrition is not taught to doctors...my daughter-law is an endocrinologist, and she sends her patients to a registered nutritionist.

Connie
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    Connie, Thanks for your info. I got the book and I see right away I could not make it on this
    plan. It is way to restrictive for me. Oh well just another diet book. I am a bit surprised that
    that he recommended it so highly, made it sound so easy.
    Nancy
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    1:1:1 is the last diet book for me..no food restrictions! <3

I need to pack them all up and give to Goodwill.
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    here is the link:

http://www.angelfire.com/crazy4/ahealthylifestyle/WendiePlan.html

it is definitely a good read!!

feeling icky today and tired. I want to pick at food which is BAD! I am going to fold laundry and go to bed. I am very PMS and definitely off of my sugar high!

great job ester, it is just falling off of you!!

Shirley, staying the same is better then gaining.....bet you lose something this week.

Connie, my bets are on you!!

Nancy, glad you had a good doc appt!! keep up the good work

marie, what's for dinner, mine was kind of boring. I made chicken shishkebob on the grill and roasted some brussel sprouts. need to make something more exciting tomorrow but my daughter has a track meet, might be hard:(

have a good night if I missed you!!

Stephanie

PS, sonya, I'm glad the wagon picked you back up:) if we are all going to keep traveling together, maybe we should get a bus, haha!!

• eatless83
    eatless83 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    @stephanie - that dinner doesn't sound boring at all!!

Cycled to work this morning. It was a struggle when the early alarm went off I can tell you. But I nipped to the bathroom weighed myself saw that I had put on AGAIN so had new found motivation to cycle! It would have been too easy to sulk and go back to bed...

Nothing is easy about weightloss for me, everyday I need to work at it really really hard!

I made myself a tofu salad yesterday evening for my luck so looking forward to tucking into that later

Have a good day peeps

Faye
  • SeeAhtter787
    Options
    slw19 wrote: »
    here is the link:

http://www.angelfire.com/crazy4/ahealthylifestyle/WendiePlan.html

it is definitely a good read!!

feeling icky today and tired. I want to pick at food which is BAD! I am going to fold laundry and go to bed. I am very PMS and definitely off of my sugar high!

great job ester, it is just falling off of you!!

Shirley, staying the same is better then gaining.....bet you lose something this week.

Connie, my bets are on you!!

Nancy, glad you had a good doc appt!! keep up the good work

marie, what's for dinner, mine was kind of boring. I made chicken shishkebob on the grill and roasted some brussel sprouts. need to make something more exciting tomorrow but my daughter has a track meet, might be hard:(

have a good night if I missed you!!

Stephanie

PS, sonya, I'm glad the wagon picked you back up:) if we are all going to keep traveling together, maybe we should get a bus, haha!!

Anything on the grill sounds awesome. It has been raining for 3 days straight and no letting up anytime soon. I know April showers bring may flowers but it turns me into a darned duck. I'm just itching to grill something. Maybe I just need to build a roof over my back deck.........

Esther
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I'm so sad, I just wrote out a long post, with tags and all that, and I hit the wrong button and now it's lost. I hate it when that happens!
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    Connie, I agree to pack all the diet books up and send away??
    1:1:1 for me too.
    Nancy
  • eileenjez
    eileenjez Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Grand-daughters birthday today and Mom gets a Coldstone ice cream cake. Yum. How can you tell a child "No, Grandma really shouldn't have cake on your birthday." At least I didn't have to take any home. End up sharing with the youngest one. She eats the most of it and Grandma saves face.

hey Esther you know Ketchikan is known as the rain capital of Alaska. It could be worse, it could be snowing like it is here. Just when you think it's all over it starts again.

Eileen
  • SeeAhtter787
    Options
    eileenjez wrote: »
    hey Esther you know Ketchikan is known as the rain capital of Alaska. It could be worse, it could be snowing like it is here. Just when you think it's all over it starts again.

Eileen

Yes. After 40 years here don't I know it. But I don't have to shovel it....... ;)

I just got the ultimate compliment tonight. I got a post from a friend saying I was her favorite MFP friend because of my support. That just made my week.

Esther
    Ps on the fourth thread I posted a pic of me before and a pic now. My husband was just as shocked as I was to see the comparison.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,962 Member
    Options
    <3 This is a great, friendly, supportive community. I love reading all the posts.

I eat almost no bread because it's as addictive to me as candy or cheesecake. When I see a loaf of bread in the store, I don't think of eating a slice, I think of eating the whole loaf with butter and peanut butter. So I don't eat any.

I eat many of the same meals over and over day after day because it makes it easier and saves me from spending a lot of time thinking about food.

In 2009 I decided to stop eating birthday cake and have eaten none since then. I just say "no, thank you, I don't eat cake"

The best food plan is the one you'll stick to.

1056287i3zmwzup2m.gif now it's time to stop chatting and walk dogs.

<3 Barbie