20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    JLoRuthie wrote: »
    @JLoRuthie How do ya'll quote just the person for responding?

At the very bottom of the box, click quote, and it will appear in the reply box.
    Practicing

How do I get just the@name and not the text?
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    JLoRuthie
    In the reply box type @ then begin typing the name you are responding to, a box will appear as you type the name,
    several names will appear and you can click on the name you want.
    Hope this is helpful.
    Nancy
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Also, when I use a emoticon, the text after it does not appear. Anyone else? How do I correct that?

Are you using it from your device, or MFP's emoticons right above the reply box? When I use the ones from my iPad, they don't show up.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options

Does anyone have any tips to help prevent overeating during the evening time? I can be good all day and then when I get home from work I'll overeat. It's not even junk food!

I plan my food for the day before I eat anything and my plan always includes a healthy evening snack.

I sometimes have to brush my teeth early to get over a yearning for something to eat beyond my planned snack.

:) Esther, yes we have a WalMart but they don't have much of what I'm looking for (yes, I'm fussy)

:) Marie, we cook boneless, skinless chicken breasts that are low in calories, fat, and sodium

:) I just came home from a great line dance class...hubby is on the phone and our big meal is ready and waiting.....boneless chicken breast, sprouted rice and quinoa, steamed cauliflower, a bit of homemade gravy.

<3 Barbie

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »

Does anyone have any tips to help prevent overeating during the evening time? I can be good all day and then when I get home from work I'll overeat. It's not even junk food!

I plan my food for the day before I eat anything and my plan always includes a healthy evening snack.

I sometimes have to brush my teeth early to get over a yearning for something to eat beyond my planned snack.

:) Esther, yes we have a WalMart but they don't have much of what I'm looking for (yes, I'm fussy)

:) Marie, we cook boneless, skinless chicken breasts that are low in calories, fat, and sodium

:) I just came home from a great line dance class...hubby is on the phone and our big meal is ready and waiting.....boneless chicken breast, sprouted rice and quinoa, steamed cauliflower, a bit of homemade gravy.

<3 Barbie

I am not up to cooking even chicken and Jerry is absolutely no cook. he eat mostly TV dinners

• JLoRuthie
    Options
    @eyegirl777va thank you!
    Practicing still.
    @lovesretirement I use my iPad emotions. Where are the my fitness pals?

• JLoRuthie
    Options
    I think it worked!
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Hello Fellow Losers,

I can't say that right now because I didn't weigh today but hoping for something on Friday. I have to fast tonight for blood work for 12 hours so maybe I will be lucky and drop a pound. Fingers crossed.

My lunch yesterday was great and I had a buffalo chicken wrap and a cup of soup. We did indulge in dessert because of it
    being a birthday lunch.

I had choir practice last night and when I got home it was late, I was so hungry and had a snack.
    Our Spring concert is Sunday my first one. A little nervous.

Marie - You are doing so well and congrats on the doctor apt. I have to agree with Connie, luncheon meats are full of
    sodium. If I do buy them I get roasted turkey or Black Forest ham. Still processed, still has salt but a little better.

Connie - Nice job on the weight loss, you have been working hard at the gym. I missed my Yoga class today, too tired
    but Hubby and me went for a 45 min walk instead. I am trying to get him moving more.

Sparkle - I agree with the tooth brushing. Try it, can't hurt.

Esther - I am in a small too, and we have Walmart and I am really sick of shopping there because
    there isn't anything else unless I travel farther and sometimes I have to.

I can't remember who just bought the new clothes but HOORAY! you must look amazing. Congrats on the weight loss.

Now since we are talking techy things, how do you make the names turn blue on your posts?

Shirley
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Shirley61 wrote: »

Now since we are talking techy things, how do you make the names turn blue on your posts?

Shirley

My best suggestion is choke the life out of it. Then it turns blue. o:):D

Esther
    (I'm in the same boat as you. I'm still trying to figure out this app)
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    JLoRuthie
    In the reply box type @ then begin typing the name you are responding to, a box will appear as you type the name,
    several names will appear and you can click on the name you want.
    Hope this is helpful.
    Nancy

@Shirley61 ^^this^^
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Ruthie they are right but you do have to type in their MFP screen name not their real name.
    marie
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :) Marie, I put a boneless skinless chicken breast in a glass casserole with a lid and some Mrs. DASH (no sodium) seasoning and cook it in the oven for about 30 minutes and serve it with a frozen vegetable steamed in a pot or cooked in the microwave.....almost no sodium and very tasty and easy.

:'( Shirley, I agree that WalMart doesn't' usually have what I'm looking for.

<3 Barbie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Then I would have dirty dish
  • CALIECAT
    edited April 2015
    Options

wow I am the first one here this morning surprise. Where is Connie, she is usally here first thing.
    So we have another day to eat and be healthy and we can do it. It is our choice. to make A good day or a bad day lets make it a good day..
    I want to thank you all for keeping our friendship together evey day. Connie has got the 4th of july well on its way.
    I am working hard on my diet plan. and thank you all for your tips I will be posting my weight on Connie group.on Monday. and yes I had a few oz. drop this morning That's make me a happy camper We are all on our way to a happy future.

I am having a hard time reading what I post so going to sign off for now.
    Love you all love this thread
    Marie

Easster Misfit
    947886y2ex40quuy.gif
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Good morning misfit losers! Happy Thursday!
    Good morning, Marie!

I slept a little later this morning...no gym to do today. I usually just hop out early, but this morning I was thinking...why should I? Getting ready to do a little yoga to stretch because my lower body workout yesterday was intense.

Marie...glad you are dropping..I'm still hovering over the same numbers.
    Hey...only one dish? That's a good thing..you can do it! <3

Have a good day and stay strong!
    Connie
  • beszmytke
    beszmytke Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Marie, you cracked me up (again) with your dirty dish comment! How about wrapping that chicken and some veggies in foil, and popping it in the oven for 30 minutes?

Sorry I've been AWOL - my days are too short these days, and I can't seem to get a handle on it. Our son was home from AZ last week, and we had a great time - he is planning to come back again the middle of May for a short trip, so something to look forward to there.

I don't remember is I mentioned that we are thinking about remodeling our kitchen. We go today to see the design (and find out the cost :s ) - I'm expecting sticker shock. I am not looking forward to the time without a kitchen, and the packing up of everything in it, but I know it will be gorgeous when we're through. I have started going through cabinets and drawers, sorting out what can be given away or saved for one of the boys, and yikes!

Glad to be back, and will try to be better about posting. Love this group and hope you all are having a great week!

Belinda
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    good morning everybody!!

marie, can't wait to see your post on Monday!!

connie, hang tight, I'm sure something is going to happen soon. maybe try to switch up your foods a little and stay within your macros. I lose like you usually, in chunks and then nothing. I think it helps you mentally to eat different things and it is good for your body also to give it something it's not expecting. maybe for a snack try tuna, avocado and cucumbers instead of the yogurt? or even for dinner? we can do this!!

Belinda, good to see you! so exciting about your kitchen, I would love that!!

ester, need to make sure I'm not eating when I read your posts, I might choke from laughing so hard!! you are very funny.

so I had steak and green beans last night, delicious. I am so glad I added red meat back into my diet as it is a good protein source and ok to eat once a week. I am hoping for a little bit of a loss from last Friday but we will see. I did the cheat sunday night. I feel like a weird science experiment, haha!!

hope everyone has a great day!! sunny but cold here:(

Stephanie
  • eatless83
    eatless83 Posts: 158 Member
    Options

Faye, how long have you lived in Asia? I understand your difficulties with buying clothing. I have lived in Europe 4 times in the past 20 years and I noticed this last time the Europeans are getting larger and clothing is available in larger sizes. This was not true even 10 years ago.

@JLoRuthie - I have been in Singapore for 3 years! Time has flown by!
    we always have nice weather so it makes it so much easier for outdoor exercise especially cycling which is my new sport and one that I love!

I have been dancing with the same 2 pounds for the past 2 weeks I hope to see a loss this weekend

My boyfriend is off on a work trip next week so may try doing 5 days of the smoothie thing for a bit of a shake up

Can't wait to hear about everybody's losses this week

Keep up the good work folks

Faye
  • JLoRuthie
    Options
    Good morning everybody!
    Now that I have all the techie stuff figured out I can move on and work towards a loss.
    It is another beautiful day in Georgia so I might push mow the lawn again. With all the rain and now sun it needs to be cut again exactly one week later.

@eatless83 that is awesome! Are you there indefinently? Sounds like my kind of weather.

@lovesretirement you are so good about exercising. How do you stay motivated every single day?

@CALIECAT Marie hope your eyes aren't giving you too many problems.

You girls are all so dedicated and motivated. It is contagious. Thank you!

Ruthie

• CALIECAT
    Options
    Belinda so good to here from you. Glad you had a nice visit with your son. About my cooking. I hate cooking.and wih the pain on my backs and hips almost unbeable. I have been cooking I am almost 85 years old when years and just plain wore out. I Am going to cope with this. Ok my vent for today sorry . Have a great day
    <3 MArie