20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    We are the Easter Misfit. We did not reach our 20 lb loss by Easter so we are marching on to lose it by july Right gang Lets finish the fight and do it by July if not our we will carry the Easter Misfit to Thanksgiven are you game?
    you all are such lovely people and proud to know each and everyone of you.
    this thread will remain being a thread.
    Thanks

<3 Marie

I'm game. Even though I did reach 20 gone by Easter I am continuing on to lose the remainder of my required 50# loss before June 12. But as I get my surgery and go through rehab I will strive to continue to lose until I reach my ultimate goal. I would love to see 180. I haven't seen that in almost 25 years. I love being a misfit.

Esther
  • Sunnyfarm
    Sunnyfarm Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    @ barbiecat I love love love this! Just what I need.

the elimination diet:
    "Remove anger, regret, resentment, guilt, blame, and worry.
    Then watch your health, and life, improve."
    Dr. Charles, CoachMD
  • Sunnyfarm
    Options
    @CALIECAT Congratulations Marie! You're an inspiration!
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    slw19 wrote: »
    got into the mms, forgot how good those are.

stephanie
    I was digging through some pantry stuff to get some salsa out for my husband tonight, and I had to move my half eaten bag of mini M&M's(they're meant for baking, but they only ever made it as far as my mouth). The bag uncurled and I got a good whiff of them and thought "Mmmm those smell good". If it makes you feel any better, "back in the day" I would eat probably half a bag of M&M's every Friday while I cleaned. Also, I'm disappointed that they chose now to re-introduce Crispy M&M's. I loved those things when they had them out years ago. *sigh*

-Rachel

• vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Good work everybody. Let's keep it up. We can make it.
  • angawilson
    angawilson Posts: 227 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    We are the Easter Misfit. We did not reach our 20 lb loss by Easter so we are marching on to lose it by july Right gang Lets finish the fight and do it by July if not our we will carry the Easter Misfit to Thanksgiven are you game?
    you all are such lovely people and proud to know each and everyone of you.
    this thread will remain being a thread.
    Thanks

<3 Marie

we might have not lost 20, but we gained friendship.
    Angie
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Good morning, misfits! Happy Monday!

:) Looks like you guys were up late last night and very early this morning!

:) I am game for Thanksgiving as you guys already know. I have lost 3 pounds this month and am grateful for that, but still have a long way to go.

:) Stephanie...going over the calories is good. Now add a rest day or two this week, and you will have a loss.

:) Gym day for me..see y'all later!

Stay strong!
    Connie
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,968 Member
    Options
    :) Esther, congrats on your success so far. When I started this journey, I didn't know if I would succeed and I set a modest goal that I reached and then went farther. You can do it.

:D Rachel, when I started my weight loss journey, I gave up baking and decided to be successful in other ways. I gave away all my baking tools and ingredients so they wouldn't be hiding in my house to tempt me.

<3 This is a friendly and supportive thread...thank you for allowing me to be part of it

Barbie
  • wheatlessgirl66
    wheatlessgirl66 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Good morning, Fellow Misfits! :) Yep, we're in this for the long haul. It's going to take a long haul for me to lose all the excess I'm hauling around! ;) It's been slow going for a while now, but I refuse to give in to discouragement. I started exercising more in an effort to 'firm the flesh' a little. The scale doesn't seem to have responded to my increase in calories/macros, but I'll give it a little more time before lowering it again. Patience and perseverance are so necessary, but sure does go against my nature! ;)
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I am looking into this eating plan on a spin off of WW. I belong to it years ago called lighten up Windy plan key from lookin st her meals plan eat like a normal person does Just watch

the plan where you eat difference amount of calorie and one day you have a super high point day. I sent a message off to a friend who was on it along with me she had her own formula . She lost about 50 lbs on it and to this day she has kept it of. Ten years later. me I did not lose for I was not very faithful to the plan. Most of that group keep in touch by the way of facebook.. Two of them follow me to MFP and join the Golden Sneakers a thread I started here in 2008 it is still on MFP with a leader I pick out to take my place. I still post there. A wonderful group But My heart is with you guys now. Will keep you inform when I hear from Kay.

My granddaughter from St Louis came in for the conutry music awards last night Will be out to take me out for a Mexican foods. So will have to be careful what I order. She will leave in the morning. I guess today could be a high point day.
    I have officially lost all the weight I gain on our tip to Springfield.

have a blessed day Misfits

Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Good morning, Fellow Misfits! :) Yep, we're in this for the long haul. It's going to take a long haul for me to lose all the excess I'm hauling around! ;) It's been slow going for a while now, but I refuse to give in to discouragement. I started exercising more in an effort to 'firm the flesh' a little. The scale doesn't seem to have responded to my increase in calories/macros, but I'll give it a little more time before lowering it again. Patience and perseverance are so necessary, but sure does go against my nature! ;)

Thanks you wheatless for your pep talk.
    Do you by your name do not eat wheat. I don't eat wheat either for gluten Reason

<3 Marie.
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    good morning ladies,

believe it or not I woke up hungry this morning:)

ester, I am not good at sharing my treats. Rachel, there were crispy ones in my mix. I have a huge candy jar in my office and there is every kind of mm in there. I really never go in it but last night was an exception. I think my favorite is the peanut butter or pretzel.

that being said, I was up 2 1/2 lbs this morning, hoping that goes away quickly. we will see how this goes

marie, someone sent me the link just the other day about the Wendy's plan and calorie cycling. let me see if I can put it on here. it is pretty interesting, there are two days during the week where you eat more, one day significantly so. I have never done that. I currently am eating more calories then I use to and am exercising less(believe it or not) and my body is losing weight. I think there is something to this calorie cycling?

connie, my guess is you will have a good lose mid to late week. I know I need a rest day but rome wasn't built in a day. haha. walking for me is restful...I will get there.

Barbie and sonya, I love that elimination diet

anyway, off to lift weights, have a great day everyone!!

stephanie
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Good Morning Friends! More heavy rain and thunder rolled through early this morning but has since cleared. I am hoping we are done with rain for awhile.

I am finally back to logging so I am sure I will be hungry today as I watch better what I eat.

Marie - even if we make it by July, I think a maintenance group would be so so benificial so we don't slip up. Thanksgiving will be here before we know it and of course Halloween candy before that.

Have a great morning. I am off to visit schools for my kiddos.
    Ruthie
  • wheatlessgirl66
    wheatlessgirl66 Posts: 598 Member
    Options

Do you by your name do not eat wheat. I don't eat wheat either for gluten Reason

<3 Marie.

Yes, I chose that name to use online about 4 years ago when I stopped eating wheat, grains, most sugar. I don't test to have gluten allergy, but my body suffers when I eat it. I love breads, etc., but they're like poison to my body. Just wish I had lost weight when I gave all that up!

Ellen/Wheatless
  • CALIECAT
    Options

<3 Marie.

Yes, I chose that name to use online about 4 years ago when I stopped eating wheat, grains, most sugar. I don't test to have gluten allergy, but my body suffers when I eat it. I love breads, etc., but they're like poison to my body. Just wish I had lost weight when I gave all that up!

Ellen/Wheatless

I love the gluten free Gluteno frozen English muffins . I had a gluten free cinnamon toast with my egg strawberies. this morning. and of course my coffee.
    Its beinning to be a habit I me. But stay away from the sweet stuff with gluten free.
    calories are just too high Glad to have someone to talk to who is off wheat.
    marie/Caliecat

• eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Good Morning misfits. Wow you girls are early posters, I must be the only one who is not
    an early morning person.

Great to see this group going strong again. I kinda had an unusual eating weekend. Just had
    some things that I usually don't touch. Feeling a little down that I can revert to old eating habits
    so easily. On track today.

I am in for the Thanksgiving Challenge for sure. As I lose so slowly, I might be in a Thanksgiving
    Challenge for 2016.

I have my annual check up this afternoon and am anxious to see how my lab numbers look.

Hope you have a great day.

Nancy
  • Sunnyfarm
    edited April 2015
    Options
    @JLoRuthie
    Ruthie I agree I hope we keep a maintance group. I have a ways to go, especially with the set backs, so I'm sure I will be apart of the Thanksgiving Challenge. I need you guys so I hope we last forever. :)

Well off for a jog. Now I'm getting back on the wagon. Thank you everyone just for being here but espcially Marie Connie and Barbie. I cannot express how much your friendship means at this point in my lfe. You will probably say what did I do. Well you are just being yourselves. :)
    Sonya
  • eatless83
    eatless83 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    @Nancy - good luck at the docs for your check-up !

Eating pretty reasonable today! I have learnt how to make humus and I can't seem to get enough of it!!

Cycling to work in the morning so early night for me

Night all

Faye

• tenpets
    tenpets Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Good morning friends!

Esther, congratulations on your great losses!!!

Connie, Nancy, and Ellen, I will be here for the Thanksgiving challenge, too as I'm a slow loser.

Rachel, congratulations on becoming FIT! Woot! You work so hard and are seeing great results! Fortunately, sweets have never been something I want. For me, it's anything crunch and salty. So, I do avoid those or it's like Pandora's box! LOL

I've not gotten on the scale in a few weeks, but plan to do so on Friday.

I don't know if it's a good thing or bad thing... but, I find I am somewhat okay with how my body looks at this stage of the game in my life (turning 52 on May 6). This means that some days I'm okay not being "perfect" with my eating. That doesn't mean I go off by much, but even a tiny indulgence can completely stall any loss.

I was "perfect" with eating and exercise for SO MANY years in my 30s and early 40s that I think I kind of traumatized myself. LOL At that time in my life, it was SO IMPORTANT to me that I looked perfect that I was a bit obsessive about dieting and exercising. I looked great, but I remember it being constantly on my mind and now I realize there is so much more than me to focus on. Enough about that! :-)

Have a great day and I'll check in again on Friday if not before. I always read your posts, but don't always have time for posting.

Marie, Grayson is SO DARN CUTE!!!

Becky in drizzly MD <3
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    I know you guys are sick of me saying this, but I LOVE THIS THREAD AND THE FOLKS ON IT!! <3

Marie..I remember the Wendy plan from Weight Watchers, too. High days/low days...just don't remember the details. I hope Steph can post it.

It's good to see ALL of you this beautiful Monday! B)

Connie