20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday!
    It's warm and sunny here today. We stayed out super late last night/this morning, and accidentally slept really late into the day. Yesterday was definitely another splurge day, but now it's back to normal until the wedding next Saturday. I'm trying to figure something out for Mother's Day, I was going to go see my mom the day of, but her work decided to do 2 "Friends & Family" events in a row, for two Sundays in a row, so now they're having the moms work til 10:00 p.m. on Mother's Day. They get worse and worse as a company every year.
    I've drank 3 cups of water in the last hour, and finishing off by 18g protein bar, then off to the gym! I'm hoping with the normal week ahead of me I'll feel in tip-top shape for the weekend! Monthly bloat is coming on but that should be gone by then too.

Hope everyone has a successful day!

-Rachel
  • rayw89
    Options
    Happy Saturday!
    It's warm and sunny here today. We stayed out super late last night/this morning, and accidentally slept really late into the day. Yesterday was definitely another splurge day, but now it's back to normal until the wedding next Saturday. I'm trying to figure something out for Mother's Day, I was going to go see my mom the day of, but her work decided to do 2 "Friends & Family" events in a row, for two Sundays in a row, so now they're having the moms work til 10:00 p.m. on Mother's Day. They get worse and worse as a company every year.
    I've drank 3 cups of water in the last hour, and finishing off by 18g protein bar, then off to the gym! I'm hoping with the normal week ahead of me I'll feel in tip-top shape for the weekend! Monthly bloat is coming on but that should be gone by then too.

-Rachel
  • rayw89
    Options
    Happy Saturday!

-Rachel
  • rayw89
    Options
    Happy Saturday!

-Rachel
  • rayw89
    Options
    Happy Saturday!

-Rachel
  • rayw89
    Options
    Happy Saturday!

-Rachel
  • rayw89
    Options
    Happy Saturday!

-Rachel
  • rayw89
    Options
    Happy Saturday!

-Rachel
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Good Morning
    Hope all of you have a fun and productive day.
    I will be shopping and doing laundry today.
    Have a great weekend .
    Connie enjoy your massage.
    Beautiful day!!!
    Nancy

Can I trade you places? I hate laundry and I hate shopping but it is better than hanging out at the high school auditorium sewing ballet costumes.

Esther
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Good afternoon Misfit.

Been on the PC all-day. Alice is coming out tomorrow Wanted to go to Tyler to see the Azaleas trail if they are blooming tomorrow. it is beautiful down there with Sothern bells in their costumed. Have not been down there in many of years.
    I feel more normal than I have felt in Almost a week today.
    Connie A massage Wow wee enjoy it.
    Nancy thank you for being concern about me..I thank you all for your concern for me.

<3 Marie

• CALIECAT
    Options
    Good afternoon Misfit.

Ben on the PC all-day. Alice is coming out tomorrow Wanted to go to Tyler to see the Azaleas trail if they are blooming tomorrow. it is beautiful down there with Sothern bells in their costumed. Have not been down there in many of years.
    Nancy thank you for being concern about me..I thank you all for your concern for me.

<3 Marie

• CALIECAT
    Options
    Good afternoon Misfit.

Ben on the PC all-day. Alice is coming out tomorrow Wanted to go to Tyler to see the Azaleas trail if they are blooming tomorrow. it is beautiful down there with Sothern bells in their costumed. Have not been down there in many of years.

<3 Marie

• CALIECAT
    Options
    Good afternoon Misfit.

• CALIECAT
    edited May 2015
    Options
    <3
    Well my computer is goofing up today Its not letting me post and then it does a bunch of times
    Marie

• lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Hi Marie!!! So glad you are up and posting!!! I hope you feel better! <3

Connie
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Has anyone signed on for the "premium" version of MFP??
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    what is the "premium" version"?
  • rayw89
    Options
    I didn't know there was a premium version of MFP. I hope that doesn't mean they're going to charge for this one day, or cut down on our features.
  • lovesretirement
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Ray/Steph...On the home page task bar, bottom line, last option to click is premium. It's enhanced features on this site..no ads and other stuff. The cost is 9.99 per month or 49.00 a year. When you click it on, it gives an explanation of features and gives you the opportunity to upgrade.
  • tenpets
    tenpets Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday, Everyone!

Esther, GREAT job on nearly 50 lbs!! Woot!

Marie, I hope you're feeling better today. :-)

Shirley, SUPER news from the doctor and your grandson is so cute. LOVE chubby baby cheeks. <3

Ray, you plant seed potatoes that you've quartered in bales of straw that you have either conditioned to break down or that have been outside for a year. That prevents them from composting while the potatoes are trying to grow (which creates way too much heat to allow something to grow). This is our second year of having the raised bed surrounded by straw bales. So, I'll let you all know how it goes!

Well, yesterday was a blown day due to an early Mother's Day/Birthday celebration with our kids and grandbabies. It was a wine pairing and finger food theme. I only had one or two bites of each appetizer, but that with the wine was definitely not in the weight loss theme. LOL So, the scale was up today. Back on track today and I'll hope for some loss to report on this challenge! I'm at +3 for the month of April. Hrumph.

I'm not sure what to follow right now for eating. The LCHF keeps me very satisfied with low quantity of food, but the scale isn't moving downward. The green smoothies helped me lose a little weight, but my BF% went up and I felt hungry and lightheaded/shakey through the day. Just basic calorie counting at 1300 calories didn't move the scale too much either. Feeling a bit lost as to which direction to head...

I see my doctor for my yearly check up at the end of June and I REALLY want to be down at least another 10 lb, but I don't think that will happen in 6 weeks. :-(

For those of you who were in the 170s and lost weight at a decent rate, what worked for you? I'd love to hear!

Have a great day today!

Becky