20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    tenpets wrote: »
    Happy Sunday, Everyone!

Esther, GREAT job on nearly 50 lbs!! Woot!

Marie, I hope you're feeling better today. :-)

Shirley, SUPER news from the doctor and your grandson is so cute. LOVE chubby baby cheeks. <3

Ray, you plant seed potatoes that you've quartered in bales of straw that you have either conditioned to break down or that have been outside for a year. That prevents them from composting while the potatoes are trying to grow (which creates way too much heat to allow something to grow). This is our second year of having the raised bed surrounded by straw bales. So, I'll let you all know how it goes!

Well, yesterday was a blown day due to an early Mother's Day/Birthday celebration with our kids and grandbabies. It was a wine pairing and finger food theme. I only had one or two bites of each appetizer, but that with the wine was definitely not in the weight loss theme. LOL So, the scale was up today. Back on track today and I'll hope for some loss to report on this challenge! I'm at +3 for the month of April. Hrumph.

I'm not sure what to follow right now for eating. The LCHF keeps me very satisfied with low quantity of food, but the scale isn't moving downward. The green smoothies helped me lose a little weight, but my BF% went up and I felt hungry and lightheaded/shakey through the day. Just basic calorie counting at 1300 calories didn't move the scale too much either. Feeling a bit lost as to which direction to head...

I see my doctor for my yearly check up at the end of June and I REALLY want to be down at least another 10 lb, but I don't think that will happen in 6 weeks. :-(

For those of you who were in the 170s and lost weight at a decent rate, what worked for you? I'd love to hear!

Have a great day today!

Becky

I started weight loss @162 lbs three years ago. Just calories in and calories out. Watching my portions and exercising a lot. I have lost 29 lbs in that time. I did not gain it overnight so I wanted to lose it slowly.

Just trying to change my lifestyle and old habits.

Good luck. You can do this.
  • tenpets
    tenpets Posts: 423 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I started weight loss @162 lbs three years ago. Just calories in and calories out. Watching my portions and exercising a lot. I have lost 29 lbs in that time. I did not gain it overnight so I wanted to lose it slowly.

Just trying to change my lifestyle and old habits.

Good luck. You can do this.

Thanks, Vicky! And great job with your weight loss!!

Becky

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Good morning.
    Woke up feeling good. for change.Alice is coming out today and a nice day for an outings.
    Had breakfast of reek yogurt, fruit, chopped nuts coffee.Ready for my day to start.
    see you later
    marie
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Morning,

Another beautiful day. Just stripped the sheets and washing them today. Dave is already at the boat and
    going to wax the bottom so hopefully we can get it in the water next week. That is when I will come down
    and clean the inside and get organized for the sailing season.

Yesterday I skipped exercise but will do it today instead. We went to a micro brewery beer fest yesterday.
    Not exactly a calorie counting day. They gave you a little glass and you could sample 3 beers. It probably added
    up to one whole beer by the time you were done. They had food trucks but stayed away from that.
    Not too many gray hairs there lots of young people.

Well today back on track, the past two days the scale has been up, have to get serious now.

My daughter is having her Isaac time this weekend. Time with Auntie. :)

Enjoy the day!

Shirley
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    @tenpets I started at 184 and I'm in the 140's now. The method I've used it Calories-In Calories-Out. I haven't restricted what foods I can and cannot eat. I have sweet and salty things every day, and I like to try new things sometimes. Like yesterday I put together some pita bread and roasted vegetable cream cheese and topped it with mixed greens and cracked pepper. It was under 300 calories for two of them. Just try to mix it up. Of course the more veggies involved the higher volume of food you get to eat. Stick to your calorie deficit and you will see results eventually, it just takes a lot of patience sometimes. :)
  • tenpets
    Options
    rayw89 wrote: »
    @tenpets I started at 184 and I'm in the 140's now. The method I've used it Calories-In Calories-Out. I haven't restricted what foods I can and cannot eat. I have sweet and salty things every day, and I like to try new things sometimes. Like yesterday I put together some pita bread and roasted vegetable cream cheese and topped it with mixed greens and cracked pepper. It was under 300 calories for two of them. Just try to mix it up. Of course the more veggies involved the higher volume of food you get to eat. Stick to your calorie deficit and you will see results eventually, it just takes a lot of patience sometimes. :)

Thanks, Ray. How long has it been since you were at 184?

Becky
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Hi gang. Sorry I was MIA yesterday. I read posts but was too tired to respond. I swam for an hour before I spent 6 hours at ballet rehearsal working on costumes. After that my family went to church then we went to the traveling carnival. Friday I walked around a lake with the hubby and dogs. Made a batch of cookies into balls and froze them so I can bake them fresh for the ballet performance on Friday. Now we are back at the carnival. My littlest one got hungry so we are sitting in McDonald's (either that or corndogs :s what a choice). I just had a sundae. I am less than 2000 steps from finally breaking 10000. Can't wait to see how I feel in the morning from walking this much. But it is SO worth it. Kids are having a total BLAST!!!!!!!!

Esther
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    connie I went to home page and did not find anything about the MFP premium
    Marie
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I PASSED 10000 STEPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG my legs are dead!!!!!!!!!!

Esther
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    connie I went to home page and did not find anything about the MFP premium
    Marie

Me either Marie. Haven't seen anything about it.
  • rayw89
    Options
    @SeeAhtter787 Haha congratulations!!!

@tenpets I started at 184 on January 28th.
  • eatless83
    eatless83 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hi misfits!

How are you all doing today?

So today is my 8th consecutive day of exercising and I have thoroughly enjoyed myself in the process!

I haven't seen a shift in the scales at all but hey ho I must be doing some good some where on my body!!

I have set myself a goal to work towards for the month of May
    1- log all food/drink everyday in May
    2- exercise on 20 different days
    3- be under calorie allowance on 25 occasions

I didn't include any specific weightloss numbers as that seems to be out of my control at the moment but hopefully of I stick to my 3 goals I will see a shift

Anybody else got any mini goals for May too?

Faye
  • italy10548
    italy10548 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hi- Calories in and calories out works for me. I adjust I days I don't exercise. I try to walk 2-3 miles four times a week. Working on getting up to 10K steps (5 miles) now. I had dinner out Friday and Saturday this weekend so I'm looking forward to getting back on track Monday morning.

• Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Morning,

Got another badge from Fit Bit for going over 15,000 steps. My lower back is feeling it today.

I think later today I will get on my bike and try and loosen it up some.

Today is lunch with my sister and my hubby is coming along and we will meet the new boyfriend.

I haven't seen anything on the Premium but probably won't spend the fee. I will just find another
    site that is free. They are only doing this in the states right now. They won't get to the other
    countries for a while. I guess since I live in Canada I am free for a while any way.

The cost will be $50 a year since I read some of the information.

Have a great day!

Shirley
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Monday!

Hopefully, May will be a good month for losing weight. :) Getting rather tired of looking at the same numbers...my resolve is a little shaky.

I decided to exercise at home this morning rather than go to the pool..going to do some extra walking today to get in more steps. I've been thinking about observing a body pump class at the gym this week...just want to change up some.

The premium does not have very good reviews. To read them, go to the message boards page and scroll down to MFP feedback/suggestions. I cannot access the option on my phone app..only on computer or Ipad. It's on the homepage, dark blue line under community tab.

Make it a great day, losers!
    Stay strong!

Connie
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    good morning ladies!

@lovesretirement hang tight lady!! remember patience is your greatest asset! stay within your macros, change up your protein source and veggies. have a real burger or some meat. eat enough so you feel full, make sure to get enough fat. have some avocado or dark chocolate.

going to lift! beautiful here this morning but supoose to rain:( my goal this week is to see the 140's everyday! slow and steady!!

have a great day.

Stephanie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I have a 2:00 PM doctor appt today. For her to check me out. Gain 5 lbs since last week. and swollen feet.
    Will et back with you when I get home from the doctor
    Marie
  • rayw89
    Options
    I hope your appointment goes well, Marie!

I think I've accidentally set up a goal to double my daily water intake for May. I had been making sure to get atleast 3 cups a day, but over the last three days I've been drinking 3 cups when I get up, and then refilling my bottle with another 3 to consume during my workout and the rest of the day.

-Rachel
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Afternoon Ladies,

Connie, I certainly understand how you feel!!!
    It is so frustrating to do the right thing day after day and not seeing any results on the scale is so hard to deal with.
    Seeing how it seems so easy for some to lose and so hard for others, I just don't get it!!!
    Not going to give up but it is so difficult to have am good attitude about it right now.

Have a good day.
    Nancy
  • tenpets
    Options
    Afternoon Ladies,

Connie, I certainly understand how you feel!!!
    It is so frustrating to do the right thing day after day and not seeing any results on the scale is so hard to deal with.
    Seeing how it seems so easy for some to lose and so hard for others, I just don't get it!!!
    Not going to give up but it is so difficult to have am good attitude about it right now.

Have a good day.
    Nancy

Nancy and Connie, I am right there with you with wavering resolve. I am still not sure what to follow with my eating plan at this point. I suppose I'll go back to simple calories in vs out and focus on regular fat foods (not fat free or low fat), increasing my veggies for "volumizing" with fewer calories, and lean cuts of meat. I think for my birthday gift to myself (May 6) , from now on I will trade wine for a tall glass of unsweetened almond milk at dinner. I know that should help with my weight loss! :-)

Hoping for at least a few pounds off by July 4th!!

Becky