20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    slw19 wrote: »
    Hi, my name is Stephanie and I would like to join!! I just read the 1:1:1 book after stalking this thread. Yesterday was my first day, hoping to take off the weight once and for all!!

Hi Stephanie! Glad you are working with 1:1:1. I am still reading it in spurts..not quite the expert as Marie says. It's easy to follow and no food is off limits.
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Can I join please

yes you may. and we will be glad to have you welcome to our thread could you please give us your name, you birthdate no year just the month and date and where you are from. We are making a birthday list,,,,, and please sign you name to every post so we can get to know you.
    Its never too late to start losing weight
    994458so4ceb6k9e.gif

• CALIECAT
    Options
    Connie you certainly do understand it better than me. I think I need to o back to square one.And start reporting my menu here or somewhere.
    Marie.
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Friday!
    It's going to be rainy and chilly here today but I am up and going to the gym. Today is personal training and Aquazumba!

All of you dancers got me curious about line dancing. The only line dances I have done are the Electric Slide and Cupid Shuffle. I fact, the warmup routine for the AquaZumba class is Cupid Shuffle! Many recreational centers here offer it, and I think I may try it. I love to dance, and this would be something different to add to my exercise mix. Now if I could just get DH to go...

I hope everyone has a wonderful, productive, and mindful Friday.
    Stay strong!

Connie in SC
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    elaine8505 wrote: »
    Weigh in this am...not a great week...'nuff said...chin up ...today starts a new week..getting focused - I got this!

elaine I had a bad week too. lets both of us get focused

• CALIECAT
    Options
    I Used to go to the senior at our locale city park and dance to Richard Simmons. I think Jerry and I need to go back Think I will check into i.. know I am not capable of dancing but they do have exercise for Seniors and serve lunch.Connie I like it that you are so active really working to be healthier
    Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Do we have two Elaine? I am getting confused?
  • tenpets
    tenpets Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    elaine8505 wrote: »
    Weigh in this am...not a great week...'nuff said...chin up ...today starts a new week..getting focused - I got this!

elaine I had a bad week too. lets both of us get focused

Elaine and Marie, I am in the same boat as the two of you. Let's all get our boat turned in the right direction for this week starting today! :-)

I am up 0.6 lb this week. The first week since starting this challenge where I have not had a loss. I expected it, though. I did fairly well staying right around 1300 calories each day, but had no chance to walk last weekend or on the evenings this week. I am off today, so I will walk 6 miles today and DH and I will walk 9 miles on Sunday. I'm hoping to also walk Saturday, but the weather is rain early and then snow. If we can't walk Saturday we will do a yoga DVD and squats, lunges, and crunches. Still can't lift weights with my broken arm. Been in this brace since Thanksgiving and I'm getting very tired of not being able to use my right arm much at all.

I hope everyone has a great weekend and week ahead!

Becky

SW: 185.9
    CW: 181.5
    GW: 165
  • gemfrire
    gemfrire Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Good Friday morning to all. Haven't written much this week but have been reading your posts as I can. Nothing wrong just a busy work week. But it is almost over!
    Momma (Marie)...you said you had a not so good week with the scales...sorry! But you are still going strong and not giving up. Be proud of that. Look back at your week, did you change anything? Though sometimes it is just our stubborn bodies wanting to hold onto all that it can! Tomorrow I will know if I or my body won the battle this week! Even if it wins this week's battle...I WILL win the war, no matter what! I am armed with my own will and determination and lots of support! Bring it on!
    :D To all the dancers...I love to dance around the house but when I have ever tried to do a line dance - in Texas it would be Cotton Eye Joe - I get completely lost and out of sync! Just like singing...it is best done alone for me!
    have a glorious day wherever you may be today!
    Alice
  • Kschneeberger020467
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    Anyone want to join me. ? I been a member here on MFP for 6 years and Have not been able to lose any weight. But stumble on this ONe One One diet and been following it for going on 3 weeks Its working for me at long last. my goal is to lose 20 lbs. by Easter. I have lost 6.8 in the first 3 weeks
    Currant weight 197
    Beginning weight 203.8
    Total lost 6.8

See 'ya

• Kschneeberger020467
    Options
    Hi, ive been using my fitnesz pal and doing WOE(way of eating) since last April 2013, i am down 54 pounds. I still have 15 to go.....count me in for the Easter chalchallenge. Congrats on your weight loss. We can all do this :-D
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Pam3 wrote: »
    BUMP

I Bump are you joining us? if so you are very welcome
    994458so4ceb6k9e.gif

• beszmytke
    beszmytke Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday, everyone! Welcome, Mkaylaz and Brandie! So happy to see the good results posted here...I've only lost 2 oz in the last couple days, but feel better every day :D

Brandie, here is the overnight oatmeal recipe; I think it's so delicious!
    Overnite oatmeal

Basic recipe - use a 1 cup mason jar, add
    1/4 cup rolled oats
    1/3 cup milk
    1/4 cup greek yogurt
    1.5 tsp maple syrup or honey or agava
    1.5 tsp Chia seeds
    1/4 cup diced fruit or berries.
    Place lid on jar...shake to mix and place in fridge overnight...can be made up to 4 days in advance.
    I like vanilla so I use vanilla yogurt and vanilla rice milk. I have also experimented with flavors like apple and cinnamon, banana and cocoa.
    So fast to pull one out in the morning and eat on the run. I eat them cold but they can be heated too! They also fill me until lunch.
    Let me know if you try them and what flavor combinations you come up with.

Belinda
    Plymouth, MI
  • BrandieBenoit
    BrandieBenoit Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    beszmytke wrote: »
    Happy Friday, everyone! Welcome, Mkaylaz and Brandie! So happy to see the good results posted here...I've only lost 2 oz in the last couple days, but feel better every day :D

Brandie, here is the overnight oatmeal recipe; I think it's so delicious!
    Overnite oatmeal

Basic recipe - use a 1 cup mason jar, add
    1/4 cup rolled oats
    1/3 cup milk
    1/4 cup greek yogurt
    1.5 tsp maple syrup or honey or agava
    1.5 tsp Chia seeds
    1/4 cup diced fruit or berries.
    Place lid on jar...shake to mix and place in fridge overnight...can be made up to 4 days in advance.
    I like vanilla so I use vanilla yogurt and vanilla rice milk. I have also experimented with flavors like apple and cinnamon, banana and cocoa.
    So fast to pull one out in the morning and eat on the run. I eat them cold but they can be heated too! They also fill me until lunch.
    Let me know if you try them and what flavor combinations you come up with.

Belinda
    Plymouth, MI

Thanks beszmytke

• BrandieBenoit
    BrandieBenoit Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Good Friday Morning Everyone!! Lost another pound!
    CW 163.4 :):)
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    great lost Brandie

@ belinda I thought that recipes was from Elaine I posted it on our recipes thread Will go back and change it. Sorry. I just read it wrong. I love oatmeal
    Marie
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Good Morning Losers!

It is a cold and windy day here but I still played a little soccer with my kiddos and ran a few sprints. Plan on an exercise video this evening.

I am packing for our trip. We will be on vacation - ski school for the kids- for a week. We have half board booked (bf and dinner) and I am hoping to find healthy options.

Vacation is always so hard eating wise especially one where there is not a lot of movement. Maybe I should put myself in ski school, too!

Ruthie in Austria
  • gemfrire
    gemfrire Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I just saw this...Things we should not say about food...aligns perfectly with WW! Thought you would find it interesting...if I got the link added correctly!

• CALIECAT
    Options
    have a wonderful time Ruthie. and be careful.
    marie