20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    1crvygrl wrote: »
    I'd like to join. I'm 51, will be 52 next month, just celebrated my 35th anniversary, have 4 children and 10 grandchildren.
    I'd like to lose about 60 lbs. I've joined some challenges for the new year but have only gained up til this point. I've lacked motivation and have very poor eating habits(too much fast food). I'd like to find out more about this 1-1-1 diet.

Lori - IN
    birthday 2-18
    SW 204.8

welcome to our thread. we are all own the plan of our choice

here is the link to the 111 plan article
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0DDDPqyyPX2eU03OVJDSmlsbEE/edit?pli=1

marie

• eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone hope things are going great for you. Congrats to the ones who had a loss on the scales today and to the ones who saw no change or a gain - try not to be discouraged it's just a bump in the road. Refocus and press,on!!!
    Welcome to the newbies you have found a great thread. Marie has done a great job with this thread!!!
    Nancy in Mississippi
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    I Used to go to the senior at our locale city park and dance to Richard Simmons. I think Jerry and I need to go back Think I will check into i.. know I am not capable of dancing but they do have exercise for Seniors and serve lunch.Connie I like it that you are so active really working to be healthier
    Marie

Hi Marie! I used to do Richard Simmons, too! In fact, I have some DVDs of his Sweating to the Oldies. They have a lot of DVDs for seniors now. Jane Fonda has updated workout DVDs as well. They may have some at your local library or they can be ordered from collage video.com.

Yes, I am moving as much as I can but am looking forward to my two rest days! My body is tired!
  • CALIECAT
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Connie I have lost my favorite bar and don't know how to restored it So don't know if can keep up with you all. I caught your new message and click on it my mind is a blank.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    I just read the 8 tips on not what not to say to yourself when you are losing weight. The sugar addiction tip hit home to me and to never to say it. Thanks MsLadyPirate for posting this for us.
    We should all check this link out it has very good helpful tips on it.

Shirley
    Ontario, Canada
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    I am interested in the 1-1-1 plan. I can't seem to find a lot of information online. What is the ratio of protein, carb, fat.
    Guess I need to get the book? I think part of my problem with my slow weigh loss is what 1-1-1 is all about.
    I think I read a post by Marie that said she started losing after starting this plan??
    Just did 25 minutes on my recumbent bike and makes me feel good.
    Nancy in Mississippi
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    Gemfire
    Thanks for sharing the link to on 8 things we should not say..... Excellent article.
    Nancy- in Mississippi
  • lmburns123
    Options
    I'd like to join. My current weight is 149. Goal is 120. I'm 5'3". I'm very happily married to a wonderful man and we have a 5 year old son. I'm 46 & my bday is March 22nd.
  • Toria718
    Toria718 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    i forgot to add my bday 7/18/85
  • Kate
    Kate Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Anyone want to join me. ? I been a member here on MFP for 6 years and Have not been able to lose any weight. But stumble on this ONe One One diet and been following it for going on 3 weeks Its working for me at long last. my goal is to lose 20 lbs. by Easter. I have lost 6.8 in the first 3 weeks
    Currant weight 197
    Beginning weight 203.8
    Total lost 6.8

See 'ya
    I'm am joining this challenge. I got serious with weight loss about this time last year and lost 35 lbs by July 2014. Unfortunately I gained 15 lbs back since then, most of it over the month of December. I started at 215 last year and am now 195. It is 10 weeks til Easter Monday so I will have to work hard!

• CALIECAT
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Kate wrote: »
    Anyone want to join me. ? I been a member here on MFP for 6 years and Have not been able to lose any weight. But stumble on this ONe One One diet and been following it for going on 3 weeks Its working for me at long last. my goal is to lose 20 lbs. by Easter. I have lost 6.8 in the first 3 weeks
    Currant weight 197
    Beginning weight 203.8
    Total lost 6.8

See 'ya
    I'm am joining this challenge. I got serious with weight loss about this time last year and lost 35 lbs by July 2014. Unfortunately I gained 15 lbs back since then, most of it over the month of December. I started at 215 last year and am now 195. It is 10 weeks til Easter Monday so I will have to work hard!

kate welcome to our thread. See you there.Glad to have you join us
    Marie
  • Kate
    Kate Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Kate wrote: »
    Currant weight 197
    Beginning weight 203.8
    Total lost 6.8

See 'ya

kate welcome to our thread. See you there.Glad to have you join us
    Marie
    Thank you Marie :) Cheering on all you participants!
    I just turned 61 on January 12th. My final goal weight is 140. Hopefully this challenge will give me the boost I need right now. The junk from Christmas is gone from the house and I don't have to host anyone and make a dessert anytime soon so I should be good to go LOL

• CALIECAT
    edited January 2015
    Options
    my computer is all mess up. It will be Sunday before Alice comes out to fix it. so laying so low till then.she get it fix
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    I am interested in the 1-1-1 plan. I can't seem to find a lot of information online. What is the ratio of protein, carb, fat.
    Guess I need to get the book? I think part of my problem with my slow weigh loss is what 1-1-1 is all about.
    I think I read a post by Marie that said she started losing after starting this plan??
    Just did 25 minutes on my recumbent bike and makes me feel good.
    Nancy in Mississippi

Nancy... You can Google it to get a little info, but you will need to read the book for everything you need to know. Marie and I downloaded it for Kindle. I'm sure it's available at all bookstores, Amazon, and others.

For the ratio.. Regular servings of each at 3 meals..1/2 servings at 2 snacks.
  • Abakan
    Abakan Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Hi connie, thank you for your supportive post, it's always good to have someone else's input. I try to stick to 1700 calories a day on which I would lose weight but almost always end up eating around the 2000. I have 3 meals and 2 snacks a day but think I need to cut down on portion size and get back to weighting everything.
    Thanks again for your surpport.
    Linda UK.
  • lovesretirement
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Abakan wrote: »
    Hi connie, thank you for your supportive post, it's always good to have someone else's input. I try to stick to 1700 calories a day on which I would lose weight but almost always end up eating around the 2000. I have 3 meals and 2 snacks a day but think I need to cut down on portion size and get back to weighting everything.
    Thanks again for your surpport.
    Linda UK.

Yep...weighing and measuring is the only way to get an almost accurate estimate of what we are eating. Eyeballing and guessing is not good enough. Try going back to basics this coming week...logging, weighing, counting.

I'm an all-or-nothing kind of girl...either in it or out of it....almost bordering on obsessive... but that is what it takes for me to focus on the matter at hand. I want to be under 200 pounds this time next year.

Connie
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    Connie, Thank you so much for your response. You are such an inspiring lady. I appreciate your willingness to share information.
    Nancy
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Connie, Thank you so much for your response. You are such an inspiring lady. I appreciate your willingness to share information.
    Nancy

Marie and I will be starting a discussion thread or group for the 1:1:1 plan shortly. Hope you will join us!
  • Mistydl2012
    Mistydl2012 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Congrats everyone sorry I haven't been checking in I just started back to school and staying another job hardly time to pee lol. It's so exciting to see everyone getting closer and closer to their goal I don't remember what my last weight info was but I will be weighing in tomorrow and reporting here excited to see more weight come off. Keep up the great work everyone.
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    Connie, I was able to download the one one one book to my iPad. Don't have a Kindle. So easy and I had not thought about being able to download it. Sure beats having to get out in this weather to get the book.
    Thank you so much.
    Nancy