20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    I can get to this thread by clicking on my home page. but all others I have to search for So I will not being able to post links or jumping to one thread to another till I find out how to get My faverites back Bear with me
    Marie
  • MummyKate85
    MummyKate85 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I have had a rubbish day food wise today - I have gone WAY over my calorie allowance :( I WILL be back on track tomorrow though!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I Mummy kate. yes do get back on it I have to go back to posting my food diary as bad as I hate to mess with it. Its te only way to know what you are doing. We can do it
  • CALIECAT
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Well for some reason I could not type Cut the computer off turn it back on and it work. I have about had it with this computer
    marie
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Connie, Thank you so much for your response. You are such an inspiring lady. I appreciate your willingness to share information.
    Nancy

Marie and I will be starting a discussion thread or group for the 1:1:1 plan shortly. Hope you will join us!

I would love to join you. I have read several chapters already.
  • CALIECAT
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I am rereading 1:1;1; too Be ready to go. when Connie is ready for us. since I am having so much troulble on my computer. I will spend more time reading. start keeping my food diary tomorrow if my computer let me. as much as I hate doing it. I am lost without my faverites.
    Marie
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,982 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    For anyone wanting to try line dance--find a beginner class somewhere like a Senior Center---real instruction will help. Don't just try to learn on the floor at a club or a bar :D

<3 Barbie253149qtzkf0ld22.gif
  • ldavislamer
    Options
    Struggling with my weigh ins...seems my weight can fluctuate up to 7 or 8 lbs in a day's time. Plan to weigh just once a week at the same time...hopefully that will help. It is discouraging when 2 days ago I weighed in at 163 and now am showing 168. Ugh. I have done a good job sticking with my eating plan and exercise faithfully. Appreciate reading all the posts!
  • CALIECAT
    edited January 2015
    Options
    if you name is not on the birthday list and you want it on Post you short name the month and date of your birthday and where you are from to Barbecat's Birthday thread here is the link Chek to see if your name is on it

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/31001577#Comment_31001577

just post it and Barbiecat will add it too it.

Thank you so much
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Struggling with my weigh ins...seems my weight can fluctuate up to 7 or 8 lbs in a day's time. Plan to weigh just once a week at the same time...hopefully that will help. It is discouraging when 2 days ago I weighed in at 163 and now am showing 168. Ugh. I have done a good job sticking with my eating plan and exercise faithfully. Appreciate reading all the posts!

I know what you mean

• lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    I am rereading 1:1;1; too Be ready to go. when Connie is ready for us. since I am having so much troulble on my computer. I will spend more time reading. start keeping my food diary tomorrow if my computer let me. as much as I hate doing it. I am lost without my faverites.
    Marie

I hope to get it going this weekend!
  • eatless83
    eatless83 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    BJRDmom wrote: »
    I just started exercising last week when I joined a gym. So far I have done 2 yoga classes, a strength training and an aquafit class. Today I feel lethargic though and had to push myself to just walk for 30 minutes. I was told that strength training and building muscles does more for weight loss in the long run than cardio does. I'm down 5 pounds this month so far and hope to lose 15 more by Easter.

Great loss!!

I have also been told the same about strength training and hence try to get 2 sessions in a week! Although it may not show on the scales we are more likely to show it in inches! Good idea to get a tape measure and record your measurements regularly

Have fun

Faye
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    Marie

I hope to get it going this weekend!

Sounds great Shutting the computer down. will have my I pad back there with me though. marie.

• eatless83
    Options
    D
    beszmytke wrote: »
    Barbie, I love your dancing kitty next to your name! That just makes me laugh right out loud!

I made Eggplant Bruschetta tonight to have for dinner instead of a baked potato - this was the first time I tried the recipe and they were so delicious:

Makes about 4 appetizer/salad portions, assuming people will eat two rounds each.

1 to 2 tablespoons plus 4 teaspoons olive oil
    1 1/2 pounds eggplant (about 2 medium), in 3/4- to 1-inch slices
    2 ounces (1/2 cup) chopped or crumbled feta cheese
    6 black olives, diced
    1/3 cup finely diced red onion
    3 seeded, diced medium tomatoes (1 1/2 cups)
    3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
    2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
    Freshly ground black pepper.

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Coat a large baking sheet generously with olive oil, about 1 to 2 tablespoons. Lightly coat each side of eggplant slices. Arrange eggplant rounds in a single layer. Sprinkle with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Roast, without disturbing, for 15 to 20 minutes. Carefully flip each piece: the undersides should be blistery, dark and a bit puffy and should release from the pan with no effort. If they’re not, let it cook longer. Once flipped, sprinkle them with additional salt and freshly ground black pepper and return the pan to the oven for another 10 to 12 minutes or so, until the undersides match the tops.

Meanwhile, mix your feta, olives, onion, tomatoes, parsley, vinegar and remaining 4 teaspoons olive oil in a small bowl. Taste for seasoning;Add more vinegar, if desired. Add freshly ground black pepper, to taste.

When the eggplant discs are done, arrange them on a serving platter. Scoop a spoonful of the salad over each round. Eat immediately. <3

Congratulations to everyone who worked hard today on healthy food choices and exercise!

Belinda
    Plymouth MI

OMG - sounds divine!!

Cannot wait to try this!
  • eatless83
    Options
    I will try!
    SW 171.4
    CW 164.2
    Total lost so far in 2 weeks 7.2pounds!
    Good Luck Everyone!!

Great grata loss!!

Keep it up

Faye
    Singapore
  • eatless83
    Options
    Weigh in day for me and I've lost 2lbs, finally got myself under 200lbs so I am super happy today :smiley: New stats -

SW: 230lbs (I was 205lb when I started this challenge!)
    CW: 199lbs
    Easter goal weight: 185lbs

6lb off during this challenge so far, 14 more pounds to get off before Easter!

Yay mummy Kate you did it!!

My weigh in is tomorrow - hopefully I will be in the onederland too!!

Fingers crossed

Faye
    Singapore
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    eatless83 wrote: »
    Weigh in day for me and I've lost 2lbs, finally got myself under 200lbs so I am super happy today :smiley: New stats -

Fingers crossed

Faye
    Singapore

yay yay mummy kate so happy for you. how many onderland did we get today? What an amzing thread we have here. So proud of you folks.
    marie

• slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I really like the 1:1:1, its the first time I've felt positive about a way of eating in a long time. I love that you can really eat whatever you want. I have had a couple of meals that I would never have eaten on a diet already:) don't really feel like I'm on a diet....going to weigh in next wed, it will be a week.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Great Stw19.....be looking foward to see your lost
    marie
  • MummyKate85
    MummyKate85 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    eatless83 wrote: »

Fingers crossed

Faye
    Singapore
    I hope you have a good weigh in and come to join me in onederland :smile: